Are people even interested in this any longer?

eldriyth

I've been paying taxes for years, and my local government hasn't done any of the stuff that I've been yelling out my front window for them to do.

YEARS!

I think I can handle a couple months without a patch....

• Haha 1

To the OP - here's the same refrain and response we had a month when you complained about the exact same thing...

One question though...should I just save this somewhere to trot out every month for you?

I am seriously tired of this bullshit excuse to not fix parts of the game. "Oh I'm just glad that City of Heroes is back. Warts and all." Dude, that was like forever ago. That horse is dead and the shock of the game being back is gone too. So absolutely YES, It's best to move on and fix shit that's broken and rebalance everything. You don't just stop and smell the roses in game development and think that things will fix themselves. There are multitudes of problems that need addressed right now.

No excuse is needed.  We are not customers of Homecoming.  They are not charging you for the priviledge of playing.  You are a guest, and not entitled to anything, except what the host chooses to provide.  This is a private server, essentially someone else's home.

If you are seriously tired, then you have 3 options:

1.) Step away, it's just a game and if it's really causing you such stress maybe you need to do something different

2.) Go somewhere else - there are other private servers available to you.  Maybe they will be to your liking?

3.) Start your own server.  The notes are out there, and then you are the master of your own destiny and everything can be your way

Or, maybe you aren't that seriously tired, and then maybe you should learn to be content with what you have and not all the things you don't have.

And what nice hosts HC are, because they are listening to the community and choosing to spend their volunteer time to provide improvements we are asking for.

Enjoy your stay..the hosts are really nice and treat us with respect.  Please show the same as a good guest

• Like 2

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I haven't seen a patch in close to 2 months. It's like nobody wants to improve the game or add to it now? Or is a big secret project in development?

Bruh professional games with large cash flows often go for a few months without major patches.

Cryptic/Paragon Studios wanted to do 3 to 4 a year.. which would be every 3 or 4 months.. and they had a paid staff... so.. um... yeah.

• Like 1

eldriyth, the volunteer thread for development work is right here: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,2872.0.html

I notice you haven't posted in it. This isn't a putdown nor a callout; I'm sure there are perfectly valid reasons you are unable or unwilling to contribute. But the rest of us also have such reasons.

Nobody is getting paid to work on this. The current donations go entirely to keeping the servers up; there is no development budget.

• Like 1

The dev team are all volunteers.  They do this in their spare time, not as their day jobs.

Don't expect patches to happen frequently, or really, at all.  Just enjoy that the servers are up, and you can play.

They brought this project back from the dead, are accepting thousands in donations, and just leave it as volunteer work for patches? Shouldn't the people taking your money be working on the game? I thought homecoming actually had a crew who cared about it? Why run it if you're not going to update it? I mean don't get me wrong, what they have done is unreal, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see some new options for archetypes etc.

Ah, where to begin.

I have a few words of wisdom for you.

1. Karma works. Tread carefully.

2. While you may sound exceedingly smart in your own mind, those same utterances are rarely thus when voiced aloud.

3. Pounding sand is cathartic. Try it

4. Take the high road when you feel angsty. Even little girls know better, and often pout, showing at least a modicum of self restraint.

And...

5. Bitch not about gifts granted freely. Bad form.

• Like 1

• City Council

Rome wasn't built in a day. Our first priority is ensuring that everyone is able to play - and because of some networking issues at OVH, a fair few people, Cipher among them, find it difficult or even impossible to do so. It's my understanding that this issue needs to be resolved in some fashion before we proceed.

Moreover, any development would be carried out as a side gig. People have actual jobs they need to attend to, not to mention families and other hobbies and so on, and all their hypothetical labor would be unpaid. Labors of love tend to move in fits and starts, and this one, I suspect, would be no different.

I'm not usually one to preemptively lock threads, but this one has already stirred up fire and fury, so I think I shall. You're all free to start another thread on the topic, just in a, hm, less inflammatory manner.

• Like 2
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!