Croax's Visual Overview of Stalker Secondary Powersets

Croax

Hi All!

I had seen something similar for the Sentinel AT and wanted to make it for the Stalker.

Feel free to share and use it for all your new Heroes and Villains as a basic Idea for different builds.

If you have questions or suggestions, just leave a comment.

The Stalker Hide provides enormous Def while Hidden. Once you are not Hidden you only retain a small 3% Def bonus. That's why i made the Overviews with and without Hide.

Here are the Links:

Stalker Secondaries Overwiev with Hide

Stalker Secondaries Details with Hide

Stalker Secondaries Overview without Hide

Stalker Secondaries Details without Hide

Edit Note:

Since the forum does not allow high quality Pics, you can find a link to imgur. (The kids use it theses days, thx @Redlynne)

With and w/o hide added. thx @Microcosm

Now for the People that don't want to klick on Links. Here are the low quality versions that work on this forum:

Overview With Hide

906689995_StalkerSecondariesOverview.thumb.jpg.51ec463e28f19ae164ef553243b55469.jpg

Details With Hide

1499850753_K1600_StalkerSecondariesresize.thumb.JPG.3344992c2a87e8ba615a8114ffde9233.JPG

Overview Without Hide

532730740_StalkerSecondariesOverviewwithoutHide.thumb.jpg.9d851c76f73836786e52df9637affda4.jpg

Details without Hide

119428653_K1600_StalkerSecondariesDetailswithoutHide.thumb.JPG.5207780feaba9a1369f517c7aa22d09e.JPG

Edited by Croax
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Interesting images. If I could ask one thing, could we see them both in and out of Hide? The massive AoE defense is just a mental gymnastic to do making me just ignore the stat all together, which I shouldn’t do because I should know better. 

Otherwise se this looks promising!

16 hours ago, Croax said:

Edit Note: I Upload Pictures with about 2 MB but the Homepage reducec the quality of the images. That renders the images useless. I will try to find out how to make this right.

Use imgur like the rest of the internet.  That way you can link to the images and let people pick their own zoom factors to look at them.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

11 hours ago, n00baka said:

Interesting images. If I could ask one thing, could we see them both in and out of Hide? The massive AoE defense is just a mental gymnastic to do making me just ignore the stat all together, which I shouldn’t do because I should know better. 

Otherwise se this looks promising!

Ok back on the Computer now. I made a huge mistake as i should have taken hide out of the equation. I will update the Data as soon as possible. unfortunately i am away this weekend. I hope to give you the overview without hide during this week.

Edited by Croax

1 hour ago, Croax said:

Ok back on the Computer now. I made a huge mistake as i should have taken hide out of the equation. I will update the Data as soon as possible. unfortunately i am away this weekend. I hope to give you the overview without hide during this week.

Just FYI if it helps, you can change your status in mids/pines to "attacked" which will remove the extra defense from hidden status without removing the base defense. I like the idea of what you've done here 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yoru-hime said:

Thank you for posting this, it's really, really helpful as I'm trying to decide what secondary I want to use next.

FYI, It looks like Regen out of Hide is a copy of Rad in the overview image. The resistances look off.

You are totally right. I changed it now. It was a copy paste mistake from my side. Thank you for the close look!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later

The FotM by @Cipher shows us some interesting facts about Stalker Secondaries.

secondary.png.00e2ca4d6ca7c339dea7974fa0d9fd29.png.10f5e9d578292e2ee38cdcb2bc5372d7.png

We can see the Defense based Secondaries to be more popular than the resist based powersets. I am a big fan of defense build stalkers, so it is a welcome observation.

The hybrid sets are more tend to be in the middle.

There are some exceptions to it like Bio beeing on top 3 and ice beeing underrepresented for a defense based set.

And i also am surprised to see Energy Aura beeing played that much.

What are you guys thinking about this statistics?

Here is the Link to the other AT and all

Edited by Croax

Without ice spikes and Hibernate, what's the point?
Seriously, though, Stalker Ice armor is like a much uglier EA without the recharge or stun. CE may be the ultimate awesomesauce on tankers, but on stalkers the kind of opponents it would seriously protect you from seldom get through a full attack chain without faceplanting, let alone having time to recharge.

And Firey Aura? Oi... talk about a bad port. They tried, but burn should have been replaced with something like Ground Zero. By the time burn starts doing real damage, the enemy has long since faceplanted,  killed you, or run out of range of your attacks. Counterproductive. cauterising blaze? a toggle that heals you to full over...at best... a full minute? compared to a click that heals half your health instantly and can be affected by recharge as well as giving you toxic res? What were they even thinking?

Edited by Frostweaver

Speaking of bad ports. Willpower is one of the best secondaries on other melees. But not on Stalker. They took away Quick Recovery and replaced rise to the challenge with a click heal. People tend to pick willpower so they don't have to worry about using any power other than attacking.

But yet there are 186 people loving WP.....

• 3 weeks later
On 9/4/2019 at 9:32 AM, Frostweaver said:

Without ice spikes and Hibernate, what's the point?
Seriously, though, Stalker Ice armor is like a much uglier EA without the recharge or stun. CE may be the ultimate awesomesauce on tankers, but on stalkers the kind of opponents it would seriously protect you from seldom get through a full attack chain without faceplanting, let alone having time to recharge.

And Firey Aura? Oi... talk about a bad port. They tried, but burn should have been replaced with something like Ground Zero. By the time burn starts doing real damage, the enemy has long since faceplanted,  killed you, or run out of range of your attacks. Counterproductive. cauterising blaze? a toggle that heals you to full over...at best... a full minute? compared to a click that heals half your health instantly and can be affected by recharge as well as giving you toxic res? What were they even thinking?

ICY BASTION SCHOOLS HIBERNATE, FYI IMHO.

Had to caps it so you know im supa cereal.

• Thanks 1