Recreating a base/supergroup

WumpusRat

Okay, spent all day yesterday building a base on a character, only to realize I'd made a dumb typo in the supergroup name. Since apparently you can't rename a supergroup (blah!), my only option is to leave the supergroup and remake it. However, that would consign all the work I did building the base to oblivion. 

I've heard (possibly rumors) that /demorecord can be used to "rebuild" a base? Is this true? Like taking down all the information about it, and then loading it up and poofing the base back into existence again on a new character (or the same one, in this case, with just a different SG name).

Is this true? I'd really appreciate any help, because the only other real option is spending another 8-10 hours remaking everything from scratch...

Not an option here, sorry. 

The best you could do would be to have two SGs, one spelled correctly and one not.  Have an alt or a dedicated builder character in the old, improperly spelled SG, then create a new SG with the proper spelling for your real characters to have under their name.  You can still go into the base with the passcode, or maybe if you form a coalition between the two groups? I've never looked at how those work.

1 hour ago, VoidTek said:

Not an option here, sorry. 

The best you could do would be to have two SGs, one spelled correctly and one not.  Have an alt or a dedicated builder character in the old, improperly spelled SG, then create a new SG with the proper spelling for your real characters to have under their name.  You can still go into the base with the passcode, or maybe if you form a coalition between the two groups? I've never looked at how those work.

Yeah, the problem with just setting them up as a coalition is that I couldn't use any of the storage in the already-built base, and couldn't edit it unless I switched characters. Bleh. Guess I'm going to just have to recreate everything.

The thing about /demorecord is that, while it can record a base, it can't be uploaded without restarting the servers, so it's not something that can be done currently. You could potentially try petitioning a GM to see if they could fix your SG name though; it's worth a shot.

I've seen several posts by GMs on discord that lead me to believe that they will rename a SG without much fuss, you just need to file a ticket for it.

As an almost wholly irrelevant aside, if you want to name a SG (or a character) in Latin, please check your grammar or have someone who knows the language do it for you.  This pays for any foreign language; apparently a lot of pseudo-Japanese gibberish is present in the game. 

I would be pleased and happy to serve as a Latin proofreader. 

And Google Translate is always wrong. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

3 hours ago, GM Capocollo said:

GMs can rename supergroups.  File a ticket through the Support link at the top of the forums.

I'll keep it in mind if it happens again. At this point I've already got about 8 hours invested in rebuilding the base, so I may as well just finish the new one. :)