Inserting images.

Insert other Media - Insert Image from URL does not seem to work. At first I thought it was because it was an animated gif that imgur had turned into an mp4, but when I tried with a .png it also did not work. Perhaps an option to load from the computer instead of an url would be good too.

• Thanks 1

Don't use that function, copy the URL into your clipboard, and then just go into your post and press CTRL + V, and it'll paste it in there, just as I've done with DD's sig here:

dcbudca-458217eb-f676-44d7-b080-8e17c5dc

It auto translates the image for you!

• Like 1
I'm out.

Alright, yes, copying directly into the post *does* work for images \o/

What tripped me up is the fact imgur converts an animated gif into an mp4 which does not work. I'm not quite sure how to work this since they were my usual image sharing service.

4 minutes ago, GM Capocollo said:

What's the URL you're trying to insert?

https://i.imgur.com/ag6kZ1B.mp4  

1 minute ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Pasted directly

https://imgur.com/8FQ6nlx

That's not an image though. Right click that image and choose image location, then try with that.

1 minute ago, Sovera said:

Alright, yes, copying directly into the post *does* work for images \o/

What tripped me up is the fact imgur converts an animated gif into an mp4 which does not work. I'm not quite sure how to work this since they were my usual image sharing service.

I've never had an issue using the Imgur Uploader for Firefox. If you want to "rehost" an image with that tool, just right click an image, choose "Upload to Imgur":

image.png.cc4b181f1d2de6f9395e04486c7410ea.png

Then you'll see the new image pop up in the tool itself on your browser, along with a handy "Copy" button that copies the GIF location:

image.png.f1ea1db401f7ae393e78f82d95e3ca7b.png

And you get this:

Ou1EO9L.gif

• Like 1
I'm out.

5 minutes ago, Sovera said:

https://i.imgur.com/ag6kZ1B.mp4  

That's not an image though. Right click that image and choose image location, then try with that.

Strange that imgur would do it that way.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 minute ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Using imgur BBCode url option.

Oh. Good show my indeterminate gendered internet person. I'm pretty old school and was just copying the URL which had been turned into a mp4. Now that you mentioned it I went and checked, and hello, a gif version link was provided.

ag6kZ1B.gif

It works!!

Case solved, Dr Watson.

• Thanks 1

I used Waterfox in the past, but because of such small niggles eventually I went back to Firefox. If it works it works and that's good enough for my casual internet self.

• City Council
3 hours ago, Darth Delicious said:

This is what I see in Waterfox...

waterfox.thumb.jpg.12ec2561e2e4fe5b4b537733f9b22a0f.jpg

The forums use a feature called lazy loading to speed up page load times significantly; this essentially works by only loading images and other embedded content (like videos) when you scroll down to them, preventing your browser from trying to load all of them at once when you load the page.

This looks like an issue in Waterfox specifically as lazy loading does appear to be working in all of the browsers I have tested personally (including an older version of IE).

If we get reports of others having this issue, I may just disable lazy loading altogether, though it's really best to leave it on if possible.

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

13 hours ago, Cipher said:

The forums use a feature called lazy loading to speed up page load times significantly; this essentially works by only loading images and other embedded content (like videos) when you scroll down to them, preventing your browser from trying to load all of them at once when you load the page.

Interesting; is there a way to disable this feature in browser settings?  There are situations (common for me, maybe not for others) where I definitely want the page to load this sort of content up front.