August 2019 Donations & Finances

Cipher

On 8/2/2019 at 6:51 AM, duane said:

I quit all the other discords and websites outside of homecoming.  I was tired of reading the trash talking and how the homecoming community will be crushed under the weight of the monthly service fees and blah blah blah.  Good to see the homecoming team supporting this 😉

I think they're all just jealous. They can't handle the "Fabulosity" that is Homecoming.

• Like 1

I still monitor the other sites, but I don't contribute there.  Not even sure why anymore.  Perhaps just to see what else is going on with regards to our game in other settings.  But, honestly I would never think of playing on the CoXg server in particular.  After seeing how they interact on their Discord server, there is no way I'd want to experience that in real-time in the game.  The hatred there seems to flow from the top, and when it comes to Homecoming, there is no end to it. 

What was no more, is REBORN!

• Retired Game Master
1 minute ago, ShardWarrior said:

This has probably been asked many times, so forgive me if it has -

Will we eventually be able to donate outside of the usual donation window?  I would love to contribute, however I keep missing the usual window.

No, there's no plans for that.

On 8/7/2019 at 7:16 PM, GM Capocollo said:

No, there's no plans for that.

So no way setting up a monthly Paypal  payment plan! :)  i just wanna give something back  for the fun i'm having Keep missing Donation window.

There's only three alternatives: it thinks we're either a threat, food or a mate.... It's either gonna kill us, eat us or hump us.

• 2 weeks later
3 minutes ago, SavageGamer said:

Is there a way to get on the mailing list to be able to donate in the future?

Probably your best bet is to just follow the Finances & Donations threads so that you get a notification when something posts.  That way you'll know as soon as they open donations.  Or keep a close eye on Discord.  I think they've been saying a couple days in advance when it will happen.

• Like 1

It's easy! Just check the calendar each month for "Donation Day":

image.png.7712f084bb5fc8c0925f872e50357272.png

image.thumb.png.3938cbf6a9c1aa6d1cb5c9f0d21de04c.png

And then on that day, be ready to hear the notification, either on Discord or on the forums about when it'll be. Now, there WAS a poll out there that was supposed to decide what TIME that would be, but for the life of me, I can't see what the results of that poll were, and no dev responded in the thread with the final result, so for the time, we might be SOL, unless a dev speaks up now. 😛

• Like 1
I'm out.

19 minutes ago, Nealix66 said:

Is there a way to set up automatic monthly donations?  Sort of like a subscription fee?

Not at this time, and I don't think anything is in the works currently.  Maybe once all the business end of things gets the ink dry they'll look into it, but I'm just a helpful player, and have no real insight, so grain of salt.

That is amazing! I saw the post and thought "Oh cool. I have a chance to... nope it's already closed." lol. Congo-ratz on reaching your goal so quickly.

Thank you for hosting this server for us. I was wanting to play for a while and when I saw this was here, I jumped at it. I also want to say your post was unexpected. I mean it's unusual for me to see a private server to be, what appears to be, so well organized. I don't mean to disparage anyone, I am just... thank you. You people are amazing and I am grateful for all you are doing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

How do I go about making a donation? 

Read the first post. However you will see that the window is long closed, so now you will have to wait for the next one. Check the calendar (found by clicking on Browse in the top left and clicking on calendar) for the next window (1st Sept).

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

Okay, I'm ready for the next donations-open window.  Yeah, I'm early, but it seems that if you aren't alert, you don't get to contribute!  I really want to show my love and appreciation for the amazing work being done by the Homecoming team of heroes.  (perched here for the next donations announcements . . . well, mostly, except for sleeping and working and eating and running my toons.)

• Haha 1

Just now, Tahliah said:

Okay, I'm ready for the next donations-open window.  Yeah, I'm early, but it seems that if you aren't alert, you don't get to contribute!  I really want to show my love and appreciation for the amazing work being done by the Homecoming team of heroes.  (perched here for the next donations announcements . . . well, mostly, except for sleeping and working and eating and running my toons.)

Donations day is tomorrow, per the calendar.  It should be at 12 P.M. ET / 9 A.M. PT.

10 minutes ago, marcaise said:

I feel it'll be my civic CoH duty to donate. 
Though donations begin at noon ET how long are they open for?

I'd like to donate something and I'd like to know.

Thanks,

The Marcaise

I was looking around and found the DONATE page...
Call me confused...

I'm a wee bit confused... but perhaps I need an Coffee introvenus drip stat.  (lol)

🖐 👍🥓  - high five, thumbs up, peace, bacon.

The Marcaise

CoH 2019 AUG Donations (huh).png

Edited by marcaise
removal of bad Win10 emoticon character