Life After PB?

dtj714

So I got my human-only PB to 50 and built out to the point of having perma-hasten (and hence perma-everything), good psi resist, good solo damage (only gets better with CB stacks), and I’m starting to wonder, will I ever want to play a different AT?  The combination of survivability, ranged damage, melee damage, aoe damage, and just general awesomeness makes me think everything else will feel “meh” in comparison.

For those who have gotten their PB’s to this point, what have you found to be the most rewarding to play after?

I didn't get my PB to 50 but there's a build that created for him

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.2
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Peacebringer
Primary Power Set: Luminous Blast
Secondary Power Set: Luminous Aura
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Gleaming Bolt -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(46), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 1: Incandescence -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A)
Level 2: Gleaming Blast -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Rchg(9), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(9)
Level 4: Essence Boost -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(5), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(5), Prv-Heal/Rchg(11), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(11), Prv-Absorb%(17)
Level 6: Radiant Strike -- SprEssTrn-Acc/Dmg(A), SprEssTrn-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprEssTrn-Rchg/Global Heal(7), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(29), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(29), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(50)
Level 8: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(42), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(42), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 10: Shining Shield -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx(21), ImpSki-ResDam/Rchg(21), ImpSki-EndRdx/Rchg(23), ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), ImpSki-Status(46)
Level 12: Inner Light -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(13), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(13), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(15), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(15), GssSynFr--Build%(17)
Level 14: Luminous Detonation -- Rgn-Acc/Rchg(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Rgn-Dmg(39), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(39)
Level 16: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(23), UnbGrd-Max HP%(25), Ags-Psi/Status(25)
Level 18: Incandescent Strike -- SprKhlGrc-Acc/Dmg(A), SprKhlGrc-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprKhlGrc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprKhlGrc-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprKhlGrc-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprKhlGrc-Rchg/FormBuff(43)
Level 20: Quantum Shield -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(40), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 24: Quantum Acceleration -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Solar Flare -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(37)
Level 28: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40), Rct-ResDam%(40)
Level 30: Reform Essence -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal(48)
Level 32: Dawn Strike -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(36)
Level 35: Restore Essence -- RgnTss-Regen+(A)
Level 38: Light Form -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), EndMod-I(39), RechRdx-I(43), EndMod-I(48)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 47: Thermal Shield -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A)
Level 49: Quantum Flight -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Cosmic Balance 
Level 1: Energy Flight -- Frb-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 10: Combat Flight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50), Mrc-Rcvry+(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Warworks Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Rebirth Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
------------
------------

I usually play a character that is support or buff/debuff, usually a controller. If I try to play anything like a blaster, scrapper, tanker, brute, or stalker, I find myself missing somethig that my PB can do that none of them can. It really spoils you. So I will often take a break of the amazing PB life and play a “support” character (I say “support” because my PB really is a support toon too. Pulls agro, can heal, debuffs defense). Right now I’m doing an Earth/Storm Controller.

I can only speak for myself, but what gets me to want to play a character is if I come up with a concept I want to try out;  The actual effectiveness/capabilities are secondary.  Sure, I don't want to faceplant all the time, but regular content is easy enough if you're willing to be patient & careful...

• Like 2

If I were you, and completely happy with a human-only Peacebringer, I would either try a Tri-Form Warshade, a Corrupter, or a VEAT (Widow or Soldier of Arachnos). 

Playing a Tri-Form build is a unique and interesting setup, and Warshades benefit from it even more than Peacebringers. 

Corrupters are one of the most versatile and powerful classes in the game. Some really fun Corrupters I played on Live were:

-Fire/Time (heavy damage, all-range, versatile support, very durable)

-Dual/Pistols Kinetics (Extremely powerful support with gun kata right out of the movies, and enough mobility to make everyone jealous)

-Water or Fire/Radiation (Heavy support, heavy damage, heavy debuffs, and a rez- Can solo GMs).

VEATs are very different from blueside Elite ATs. They're more damage-driven than versatile, and they're good at it while offering some unique powers. 

-Night Widows are basically what would happen if Wolverine and Psylock had a baby. Psychic power, ninja dodging, team buffing, and extremely heavy damage from claws with a sprinkle of stealth.

-Fortunatas are essentially Widows who give up extra damage for versatility with control skills. Their blasts are solid, and I'd compare it as a little stronger than a Psychic/Ninja Sentinel overall.

-Bane Spiders are acid-club-wielding melee combatants who deal heavy melee damage, similar to Widows but with more control options and smashing damage rather than lethal. They also have stealth capability to help them get the job done.

-Crab Spiders are all-range AoE kings with strong resistances, two groups of summonable pets, and bonus HP.

On 8/6/2019 at 9:12 PM, dtj714 said:

So I got my human-only PB to 50 and built out to the point of having perma-hasten (and hence perma-everything), good psi resist, good solo damage (only gets better with CB stacks), and I’m starting to wonder, will I ever want to play a different AT?  The combination of survivability, ranged damage, melee damage, aoe damage, and just general awesomeness makes me think everything else will feel “meh” in comparison.

For those who have gotten their PB’s to this point, what have you found to be the most rewarding to play after?

Can you share your build?

On 8/8/2019 at 7:36 PM, Mercurias said:

If I were you, and completely happy with a human-only Peacebringer, I would either try a Tri-Form Warshade, a Corrupter, or a VEAT (Widow or Soldier of Arachnos). 

Playing a Tri-Form build is a unique and interesting setup, and Warshades benefit from it even more than Peacebringers. 

Corrupters are one of the most versatile and powerful classes in the game. Some really fun Corrupters I played on Live were:

-Fire/Time (heavy damage, all-range, versatile support, very durable)

-Dual/Pistols Kinetics (Extremely powerful support with gun kata right out of the movies, and enough mobility to make everyone jealous)

-Water or Fire/Radiation (Heavy support, heavy damage, heavy debuffs, and a rez- Can solo GMs).

VEATs are very different from blueside Elite ATs. They're more damage-driven than versatile, and they're good at it while offering some unique powers. 

-Night Widows are basically what would happen if Wolverine and Psylock had a baby. Psychic power, ninja dodging, team buffing, and extremely heavy damage from claws with a sprinkle of stealth.

-Fortunatas are essentially Widows who give up extra damage for versatility with control skills. Their blasts are solid, and I'd compare it as a little stronger than a Psychic/Ninja Sentinel overall.

-Bane Spiders are acid-club-wielding melee combatants who deal heavy melee damage, similar to Widows but with more control options and smashing damage rather than lethal. They also have stealth capability to help them get the job done.

-Crab Spiders are all-range AoE kings with strong resistances, two groups of summonable pets, and bonus HP.

Do you have a current build for water/rad? I cannot find a good one.

After getting my PB, I experimented with:

Rad/Rad Brute: Because I liked tanking and it had nice graphics and I wanted something I could just bound in and start smashing with - it turned out rad/rad is one of the more powerful combinations so I sailed my way through pretty much everything non-psi. It's still fun to play with, but didn't exactly encourage what I'd call varied play, which after a PB was something I missed, so I rolled a...

Fortunata/Night Widow: Using build-swap macros, it was two characters in one and that was sort of neat but I played a mind controller and a /psi defender back on like i6 or i7 when I played before, so it felt like more of the same and it was fine but not spectacular. I liked the stalker aspects of the Night Widow, so I rolled a...

Broad Sword/Shield Defence Stalker: Think scrapper, but you never get any aggro in groups, you do double damage like every 4th hit and you can vanish mid-combat. Honestly, stalkers are ridiculously fun once they get going. The ATOs on a stalker legitimately change how they play as they go from "scrappers with one good hit at the beginning" to repeatedly vanishing mid-combat with spammable Build Up and regularly firing off two or three crits in a row. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I'm just impressed you got a PB to 50. I've tried the class several times, even back when they first went live. I know they become awesome with investment, but man just trying to level felt like a chore in itself. I could barely get into the teens as the playstyle felt sooo slow. I'm hoping I can become inspired to try again by browsing this forum cause it seems I only have high level brutes and scrappers and want to branch out.

18 minutes ago, Bloodofcaine said:

I'm just impressed you got a PB to 50. I've tried the class several times, even back when they first went live. I know they become awesome with investment, but man just trying to level felt like a chore in itself. I could barely get into the teens as the playstyle felt sooo slow. I'm hoping I can become inspired to try again by browsing this forum cause it seems I only have high level brutes and scrappers and want to branch out.

PBs and Warshades are markedly improved these days compared to the majority of their existence on Live. Between the two, I would say that Warshades are the most aggressive and fast-paced in terms of playstyle because they have powerful buff skills that rely on hitting a lot of targets at once. Peacebringers probably deal less overall damage, and have less control, but to counter that their buffs are self-contained.

Totally depends on what you are into. My PB is my second favorite toon. My favorite is a fire/fire/fire blaster.

The PB is great because he's tough and does really solid damage. Farms 4X8 with no problems. Very click heavy though. Miss reupping lightform and you faceplant. 

Fire/fire/fire is on the edge pure adrenaline fun. Not nearly as durable, but far more potent. A MUCH faster farmer and more helpful on teams (although always getting aggro on teams with tanks and brutes that rely on punch-voke), but self rez is a key power. 

Completely different styles and feel (one reason I LOVE CoH so much).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bloodofcaine said:

I only have high level brutes and scrappers and want to branch out. 

Not hugely different, but try a stalker. It's like a scrapper with planned critical hits instead of random ones and the ATOs are absolutely broken. You basically get one or two guaranteed crits every four or so attacks and can use Build Up two or three times a minute.

You actually have to work to get aggro but can take the fallout when you do get it so it plays more like a scrapper than a scrapper does. Really fun high DPS class but absolutely because of power creep late in the games development.

Edited by Gulbasaur
  • Like 2
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas