MM like Controller for solo

xhaledk

2 minutes ago, Extor Prime said:

If you like many pets on the field Illusion might be up your valley. Three decoys, Phantasm, spectral terror, plus a patron pet if you decide to go with a patron pools.

Ill/Dark would also add Fluffy into the mix.

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

3 hours ago, xhaledk said:

But will you be able to solo as Ill/Dark? It's getting hard to find a party on red side 😄

Oh, god, yes. Not as a x4 difficulty at least until very late since like most Controllers AoE damage will be difficult to squeeze in, but single-target damage will be fine, and defensive ability is going to be ridiculously good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coyote said:

Oh, god, yes. Not as a x4 difficulty at least until very late since like most Controllers AoE damage will be difficult to squeeze in, but single-target damage will be fine, and defensive ability is going to be ridiculously good.

Oh, that sounds pretty good. But the umbra beast in Dark sounds nice, but have no idea if it's any good. But do any of you guys have a build I could try, preferably a leveling build 

24 minutes ago, Mercurias said:

I personally prefer Ill/Rad to Ill/Dark. Dark adds some nice control options and fluffy, but I love those Rad toggles that let you solo a GM if you do it right.

Surprisingly, /Dark puts out just about as much -Regen as /Rad, so it should be able to solo things as well as /Rad. The only advantage /Rad has is, specifically, with Illusion... because it helps get perma-PA more easily. For other Controllers, though, I'd rather try to solo a GM with /Dark than with /Rad. It gets stronger +Defense, stronger -Damage debuffing, stronger -ToHit debuffing, far better Healing, and far better Endurance management. Basically, the character can tank the GM without needing PA to be permanent... though PA also helps with damage.

• Like 1

Fluffy is my pet cat.

No, just kidding. Fluffy (also Fuzzy) is a usual nickname for the Dark Servant, which is the Tier 9 power for Dark Miasma and Dark Affinity. It is a temporary pet summons, but it starts off with a 4 minute duration and 4 minute recharge, so it's permanent by default. It debuffs ToHit (by a LOT) and Damage (by a good amount) in a circle around it, and uses Twilight Grasp, Petrifying Gaze, and Tenebrous Tentacles (2 of those add more -ToHit debuffing), so the best slotting for it is 4-6 Cloud Senses.

I was going to suggest Ill/Storm, storm "pets" are really good and offer AoE that is lacking in Illusion... Dark is a more traditional pet route...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

On 8/13/2019 at 4:16 PM, Mercurias said:

I personally prefer Ill/Rad to Ill/Dark. Dark adds some nice control options and fluffy, but I love those Rad toggles that let you solo a GM if you do it right.

Had both, Ill/Rad and now Ill/Dark with perma PA. Dark is stronger, but more expensive.

• Like 1

Don't forget the Legend Pets too!

I played an Ill/Rad pack on live, and several MM's but Ill/Traps has much of what you look for in ill/dark and ill/rad, and feels dramatically more 'masterminderly'.

Of course, you have to play like a controller instead of a pocket Healzor, but is that really a bad thing?