Transfer from beta to homecoming

I was thinking, due to my limited play time, how cool it would be to be able to transfer  1 or 2 top notch characters, at the most, from Justin to a Homecoming server of my choice.  Basically it would be a replacement for an already existing lvl 50 character and when I say replacement, I mean if you import a character from Justin then you lose a lvl 50 from your roster.  I don't, nor would I want this to happen for every character but for 1 character sure. Perhaps as an upgrade for your main. 

Being able to do this for one or two characters at the most wouldn't harm anything in the game and might even get more people into doing endgame raids more often in order to fund their other characters. 

Honestly, I really don't see the point in offering players a fully kitted out lvl 50 for free. The time investment to get one is already very modest (~50 hours from nothing, if you know what you're doing) compared to most games. 

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

5 hours ago, Techno Destructo said:

I was thinking, due to my limited play time, how cool it would be to be able to transfer  1 or 2 top notch characters, at the most, from Justin to a Homecoming server of my choice.  Basically it would be a replacement for an already existing lvl 50 character and when I say replacement, I mean if you import a character from Justin then you lose a lvl 50 from your roster.  I don't, nor would I want this to happen for every character but for 1 character sure. Perhaps as an upgrade for your main. 

Being able to do this for one or two characters at the most wouldn't harm anything in the game and might even get more people into doing endgame raids more often in order to fund their other characters. 

So, wait...you want to be able to just mule out a slot to 50 on live so that you can import a command-levelled character with a FREE IO build from the unlimited BETA market on the BETA server where you can just give yourself free money?

What the FUCK have you been smoking and where can I get some?

32 minutes ago, Voldine said:

So, wait...you want to be able to just mule out a slot to 50 on live so that you can import a command-levelled character with a FREE IO build from the unlimited BETA market on the BETA server where you can just give yourself free money?

What the FUCK have you been smoking and where can I get some?

calm down hero. No need for the billions of inf just the slotted character and only one. so what. it would hurt nothing. it would affect zero players game. I'm not suggesting having an unlimited amount of beta characters... just 1. only one. I don't smoke anything as I prefer to have my wits about me. Who knew such a simple little thing would twist some people panties so. lol

1 minute ago, Techno Destructo said:

calm down hero. No need for the billions of inf just the slotted character and only one. so what. it would hurt nothing. it would affect zero players game. I'm not suggesting having an unlimited amount of beta characters... just 1. only one. I don't smoke anything as I prefer to have my wits about me. Who knew such a simple little thing would twist some people panties so. lol

So in other words EXACTLY what I already said. You want to transfer over a free 50, with free IO's slotted in that you can purchase with money you don't have to earn because you can just command-give it to yourself.

You want that kinda crap? Make your own private server and don't ask to pollute this community with your garbage idea.

It takes ZERO effort to doorsit in AE missions to get a free 50. It takes ZERO effort to give yourself a fully-kitted out 50 on beta. Therefore it takes ZERO effort to get a fully-kitted 50 on a live server with your proposal. NO! That is not in any way how you build a functioning community. You want a 50 with a full IO build? You get out there and you EARN IT by actually PLAYING THE GAME like everybody else.

Also, no, my panties are not twisted, jackass. Maybe you should wait for your balls to drop a little before you go about asking for free stuff so you don't sound like a whining toddler?

5 minutes ago, Techno Destructo said:

No need for the billions of inf just the slotted character and only one.

But isn't this effectively the same thing? Make a character that can slot a maximized number of the most expensive IO, transfer it and sell the stuff for free inf.

6 minutes ago, Techno Destructo said:

it would hurt nothing.

It would probably have pretty big repercussions for the in-game economy if every single player was able to generate 30+ purples, a dozen uniques, two AT IO sets, several winter IO sets and who knows what you can still fit in there for free, even if it was just once.

8 minutes ago, Techno Destructo said:

it would affect zero players game.

If it would affect nobody's game, why implement it in the first place?

I'm trying to avoid sounding condescending, but considering how easy it is to get influence and IOs in this game I honestly think that outside of some very special circumstances, it's a player choice to be poor. Fortunately, that doesn't really matter in the game as you can still do any content you like pretty effectively with just SOs.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

• Jimmy locked this topic