Jump to content

A note on streaming


Recommended Posts

  • Game Master

Hello, everyone! 

 

We've had a lot of people asking us about streaming the game over the last few months. Given our current circumstances and desire to turn Homecoming into a legal, above-board operation, we cannot at this time endorse anyone streaming the game as it violates the ToS of various streaming platforms. Once our talks with NCSoft are complete there should be no issue with streaming the game again.

 

Have a good week, and keep being awesome! 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Any Idea how long it will be for this to work out? Weeks Months Years? I know if the streamers have a idea when it can be done legally we can build up hype to the time when we stream the game again. Also has anyone gotten in trouble for streaming it at this point? Thanks for the update.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Raspcard said:

Any Idea how long it will be for this to work out? Weeks Months Years? I know if the streamers have a idea when it can be done legally we can build up hype to the time when we stream the game again. Also has anyone gotten in trouble for streaming it at this point? Thanks for the update.

Well, every stream of this game that's happened since HC released has been against Twitch's ToS. Also note this isn't the HC team saying "don't stream," this is them saying they "can't endorse" streaming. As far as people getting in trouble for streaming, that'd be on the streaming platforms to police, not the HC team.

@macskull/@Not Mac

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 25JUL20)

Twitch | Youtube

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, macskull said:

Well, every stream of this game that's happened since HC released has been against Twitch's ToS. Also note this isn't the HC team saying "don't stream," this is them saying they "can't endorse" streaming. As far as people getting in trouble for streaming, that'd be on the streaming platforms to police, not the HC team.

I agree but here the thing HC is trying to be nice as negotiations are going. HC isn't making money on this but guess what.. Twitch, youtube, and streamers are making a few pennies on this and can really hinder talks if NCSOFT is seeing all the streams.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In consideration of this post and some opinions that have been floated lately, I will be taking down all of my vods. I'll be keeping an eye out for the official green light.

 

I do agree that it is in the best interest of everyone to be patient on this issue.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

you do realize that one of the main reason that you have people new to the game or returning IS because of the streamers right?

 

So my main take away from this is that you will not endorse any stream specifically but people can still stream if they so choose?

Edited by Sidious
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is likely them specifically NOT saying that NCSoft still owns CoH. Until their talks are complete, Hc is not official and streaming Coh without NCSoft's permission could make the discussions more difficult. Especially if someone at NCSoft decides that the streamer needs to be served with C&D. They're trying to forestall any unnecessary complications, and saying that they cannot authorize any streamers to stream something they don't own, and please don't drag the HC servers into something that -could- become a legal action.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Torchbearer: @Lakanna (Blue) or @Annakal (Red)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 3:48 PM, Sidious said:

you do realize that one of the main reason that you have people new to the game or returning IS because of the streamers right?

 

So my main take away from this is that you will not endorse any stream specifically but people can still stream if they so choose?

I found HC w\o streaming.  Pretty quick too. Almost fell out of my chair when I found servers available. 

 

What percent of ppl find HC by streams,  I don't know. 25% maybe ?

 

 

  • Like 2

** Asus Crosshair TUF x570, Ryzen 3900x, Corsair H100i AIO, TridentZ 64GB DDR4, GTX 1080 ti, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, 2tbNVME, 1.5TB SSD, 12TB HDD, Optical Asus BluRay Quad Layer 16x **

** Lenovo Y720 **

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the stance on screen-sharing with a couple friends on Discord in a small group DM of about 3-5 people?? Would that count as streaming? I wanna get some friends who never had a chance to play back in the day to check it out, but I don't wanna step on any toes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EggofOrder said:

What's the stance on screen-sharing with a couple friends on Discord in a small group DM of about 3-5 people?? Would that count as streaming? I wanna get some friends who never had a chance to play back in the day to check it out, but I don't wanna step on any toes.

I'm taking it as "We can't OFFICIALLY endorse a stream, however, you guys can do what you want."

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later

I'm taking this as, "We do not promote streams, and we will ban you if you spam your twitch channel in the LFG chat."  which is a sensible thing to do. 

( imagine if someone like pewdiepie logged on, it would disrupt life on that server completely. )  "... but you're free to stream as much as you want" 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jimmy unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later
  • 7 months later

Pardon me for the late post in this thread but I just want to check something.

I did one CoH:H stream before this thread (believe I did it early summer last year, or AT LEAST I only read this thread after) and it was saved with the intention of uploading it to YT later.

I've uploaded the rest of the series I streamed (other games, not to worry there) already this week but have held off on this one because I'm not sure if this extends to YT.

 

So far I've assumed so but if anyone can clarify this specific thing (so again: uploading a previously streamed session of CoH:H on my YT channel), that'd be great.

Doubt it matters, but if you need to know: I have next to no viewers whatsoever on both channels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...