Pylon Damage Thread

Project_X

Well this is interesting and I'll explain why it  is, to me anyways, in a sec.

No lores/temps/hybrid used. Average of 10+ runs.

Scrapper     EM/SD     1:51 (111s) Degen/Zapp

Why is this interesting to me? Cause of this:

Brute     EM/FA     1:50 (110s) Degen/Gloom

My EM/FA Brute is more ST and AOE then the EM/SD/Zapp scrapper I have. A thing I REALLY liked about the Brute is the times didn't have weird inconsistencies in the positive or negative direction. I had a run with the scrapper that was 2:04 and another that was 1:34. The Brute stayed +-10s of it's average.  The Brute is definitely squishier though, but the scrapper is way more likely to kill itself with ET crits. The hp/s element is pretty important.

On 10/25/2021 at 6:40 PM, Kachooman said:

What are all the Archetypes used here @arcane?

All others are entered, sheet is once again up to date.

WP/Kat/Soul Tanker

Poison/Ice/Psy Defender

DB/Rad/Soul Scrapper

A few others above were Ill/Dark/Mace Troller, Rad/Rad/Flame Defender, Poison/Dark/Psy Defender, TA/Beam/Mu Defender, Traps/AR/Elec Defender, Bots/Cold/Mako MM

Can I see a link to this legendary spreadsheet? 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, arcane said:

WP/Kat/Soul Tanker

Poison/Ice/Psy Defender

DB/Rad/Soul Scrapper

A few others above were Ill/Dark/Mace Troller, Rad/Rad/Flame Defender, Poison/Dark/Psy Defender, TA/Beam/Mu Defender, Traps/AR/Elec Defender, Bots/Cold/Mako MM

Can I see a link to this legendary spreadsheet? 🙂

Cheers, all updated.

No Sig

11 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

Wait, you were running assault or just had it slotted? Either way this is smokin' for a defender.

Running it, yeah. 

I made general improvements since last 4+ min time - the addition of Dominate and whatnot, but here's the real caveat: I cheated a little and respec'd into Ignite, knowing it would never be as good anywhere else but here. Knowing I would feel dumb about picking it up just to kill pylons, I picked up Web Grenade too and used it to mule a purple set. At which point it's not horrible in general play anymore. As long as you use it to kill off bosses instead of making whole mobs scatter.

My attacks here are basically just Sniper Rifle, Dominate, Ignite, and Full Auto. Can't be chained, but I always have a Caltrops/Acid Mortar/Poison Trap/Triage Beacon up to fill in the gaps. LOTS of procs all over the place (5 in Caltrops, 3 in Acid Mortar, 4 in Poison Trap, 4 in Dominate, 4 in Full Auto...). 

All this with soft capped defense, capped s/l res, mez protection, and good regen is a fairly good deal 🙂

Note I don't know anything about how Ignite procs, if at all, so I put ATO's in it. But I wonder if it does crazy things like Burn does..

Edited by arcane

1 hour ago, arcane said:

I cheated a little and respec'd into Ignite, knowing it would never be as good anywhere else but here.

Oh noes! You confirmed a thing! ...anyways...

That sounds a lot like how I theorized a dark/fire/sleet dom would do really fast pylon times, but it wouldn't be that great at the rest of the game. Kanil confirmed that to be true. He walked back that build REAL fast 😛 I have thought about re-making my plant/fire/sleet dom. It was getting times on pylons under 2 minutes and also rockin' AOE. I would farm with that build.

2 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

Oh noes! You confirmed a thing! ...anyways...

That sounds a lot like how I theorized a dark/fire/sleet dom would do really fast pylon times, but it wouldn't be that great at the rest of the game. Kanil confirmed that to be true. He walked back that build REAL fast 😛 I have thought about re-making my plant/fire/sleet dom. It was getting times on pylons under 2 minutes and also rockin' AOE. I would farm with that build.

My Mind/Nrg/Soul does 2:20 which she isn't even all the way spec'd to just fight pylons.  She doesn't have Adrenalin Boost nor a bunch of pets from Dark Control. 

Dark/Fire would do quite well with the time but don't undervalue Soul Mastery.  The Seer pet does quite nice damage if you learn to keep it alive, Soul Drain nets you quite a nice damage boost, and Dark Consumption makes good use of that pvp -res proc.  Yes sleet is nice consistent -res but you can get quite a bit more out of Soul if you try.  

Edited by Mezmera

2 hours ago, arcane said:

Note I don't know anything about how Ignite procs, if at all, so I put ATO's in it. But I wonder if it does crazy things like Burn does..

That was one of the first things I tested when they buffed it's cast time.  Sadly it's not like burn.  No proc double dipping

45 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

That sounds a lot like how I theorized a dark/fire/sleet dom would do really fast pylon times, but it wouldn't be that great at the rest of the game.

Well, let's not pretend like the pressure is really on for being "that great at the rest of the game" unless you're using soloing TF's or using special challenge settings. 🙂 We'll see how hard mode goes, but, short of that, my new interest in pylons is probably the most challenging thing I do in the game.

Considering I have pretty much all of the powersets at 50 save a few MM primaries and Dom secondaries, someone has to be a weak link 🙂 But at least you can always focus on what you're good at in a team. And Traps/ is pretty darn good across the board even if AR took some cheap tricks to improve.

Edited by arcane

• 2 weeks later
On 10/11/2021 at 10:57 AM, Pzn said:

Sonic/Fire/Ninja Sentinel with T3 Musc, T3 Degen, T4 assault radial, T4 ageless core

Attack chain is Burn>Screech>Sting of the wasp>Lotus Drops>Screech>Sting of the wasp

Averaging 1:35 with hybrid on and 1:50 without

There is a 1-2 second gap on lotus drops recharging which is when I use either t1 for opportunity, amplify, or dreadful wail to fill.  I cheated with base buffs for 20% more recharge to sustain my attack chain, but the attack chain is still doable without it if you built for it.  My build is only at around 80% global recharge because I went for some defense bonuses and wanted certain pool powers.

You have a recording of this run? Numbers don't line up for me with the build provided.

1 hour ago, underfyre said:

You have a recording of this run? Numbers don't line up for me with the build provided.

No.  Are you accounting for the huge amounts of -res?  Achilles, fury, screech, dreadful, opportunity.  If I remember the math right the attack chain was pushing close to 300 DPS in raw numbers(before hybrid) and then the -res did the rest of the work.

Burn might be the missing factor since it double procs and hits for a ton.

Edited by Pzn

6 hours ago, underfyre said:

That definitely closes the gap. Sounds like Fire is the new favorite secondary for Pylon numbers.

I definitely think so for sentinels.  It has a +10% damage toggle (with some fire proc damage) to close the gap with bio.  Sentinel bio also lacks a -res aura while burn gives you a strong fury proc placement.

3 hours ago, Pzn said:

I definitely think so for sentinels.  It has a +10% damage toggle (with some fire proc damage) to close the gap with bio.  Sentinel bio also lacks a -res aura while burn gives you a strong fury proc placement.

No, it's exclusively the fact that Burn can hold so many procs and that they apparently have a chance to proc a second time. The 10% damage boost on Molten Embrace is meh, and so is the proc attached to it. 

10 minutes ago, underfyre said:

No, it's exclusively the fact that Burn can hold so many procs and that they apparently have a chance to proc a second time. The 10% damage boost on Molten Embrace is meh, and so is the proc attached to it. 

Sent bio only has a 30% damage buff and no damage aura, toxic damage, or -res.  10% damage boost does close the gap some.

7 minutes ago, Pzn said:

Sent bio only has a 30% damage buff and no damage aura, toxic damage, or -res.  10% damage boost does close the gap some.

Sent Bio has 25% bonus and also has the toxic damage proc. It does not, however, have a double proccing aoe ability. That is the great equalizer.

So the new version of my spreadsheet I've been working on to predict Pylon times says Electric/Fire will take 99 seconds to kill, and it does, but it also says Sonic/Fire will take 112 with Hybrid. Obviously these are averaged numbers, so an outlier could produce lower numbers, or higher numbers. As it is the Ele/Fire has to mash its heal frequently, so I'm probably seeing the lower end.

15 minutes ago, underfyre said:

Sent Bio has 25% bonus and also has the toxic damage proc. It does not, however, have a double proccing aoe ability. That is the great equalizer.

So the new version of my spreadsheet I've been working on to predict Pylon times says Electric/Fire will take 99 seconds to kill, and it does, but it also says Sonic/Fire will take 112 with Hybrid. Obviously these are averaged numbers, so an outlier could produce lower numbers, or higher numbers. As it is the Ele/Fire has to mash its heal frequently, so I'm probably seeing the lower end.

I didn't realize they still got toxic proc, I thought that was attached to the auras.  All I can say is to make one for yourself and test it out with the same attack chain.  The extra damage added from -res and procs is hard to calculate with all the different variables.