Pylon Damage Thread

Project_X

17 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

Sent you mine. It still takes Whirling Mace. And I usually skip Crowd Control, but it fit so I took it.

Same as with claws. (Referring to your wm/bio/mb time.) My wm/bio scrap is at 2 mins, no moonbeam in play. Chain is only Clobber, Jawbreaker, Shatter, repeat. Bet ageless would tighten that up some but wouldn't get me anywhere near 1.5 mins.

I'm going to have to start making some assumptions putting this data together as I go backwards in the thread, Anymore have an idea time wise when the TW nerf hit? I can just flag any TW I capture pre that with pre Nerf

Also big thanks to SomeGuy for the data to kick this off!

I've been a bit shit at capturing the additional data like if hybrid was off, so doing that from now. up to sheet 40 here!

Few assumptions I have made with collecting data, if people gave a range of times I created an average from that data. If people only gave one number I just captured that.

If people have a hybrid on hybrid off data I did 1 row for each.

Thats all I will copy today will do another 10 pages tomorrow should be caught up by the weeks end.

Edit* Also added my contributions to the sheet. Hybrid off

All are T4 Incarnates, with scrapper degen others reactive radial.

Scrapper WM/WP/BM avg 3:45 (This is my very first build, really not optimized, needs a rebuild me thinks) Reworked WM/WP/LEV 3:05
Mastermind THUGS/TIME/MACE avg 2:20
Blaster ICE/MA/Mace avg 3:16 (lol this one was bad the pylon kept knocking him back!)

Edited by Kachooman

I don't remember the hard time average, but I personally watched Kanil get multiple runs in the 1:30s with a BS/BIO(/X?) scrapper.

18 hours ago, Kachooman said:

stuff

I'm not sure when the TW nerf happen. I do know I was averaging 0:52s with my TW/BIO/MA scrapper.

I know I wasn't getting crazy differences in pre and post nerf moonbeam times. Five to six seconds. Nothing crazy that can't be covered with RNG. So a hard date for when that happened is cool, but I personally am not to crazy about it.

3 hours ago, StriderIV said:

HOW lol. Wow they is amazing.

The build, if you're curious, is in this thread:

The build runs T4 Muscle, Barrier, Reactive, and Support. Support isn't active, just slotted, for the runs. Support gives a universal end discount when slotted so it's a big help on this one. And I only take the build to 40% ranged defense and let barrier cover the last 5% (even when it's at it's weakest). I open with Venom Grenade and Shatter Armor to start stacking -RES. I reapply Venom as close to 16s as I can and Shatter Armor every 20s (that is how long the -res debuff lasts for each). Venom-Shatter BU-Single-Burst-Single.

The build doesn't have any issues with AOE. I've farmed with it plenty. Heavy Burst, Suppression, and Venom Grenade combined with the pets make mobs drop fine. The build is really versatile, especially considering how much it brings to the team. Just not with personal DPS.

1 hour ago, SomeGuy said:

The build, if you're curious, is in this thread:

The build runs T4 Muscle, Barrier, Reactive, and Support. Support isn't active, just slotted, for the runs. Support gives a universal end discount when slotted so it's a big help on this one. And I only take the build to 40% ranged defense and let barrier cover the last 5% (even when it's at it's weakest). I open with Venom Grenade and Shatter Armor to start stacking -RES. I reapply Venom as close to 16s as I can and Shatter Armor every 20s (that is how long the -res debuff lasts for each). Venom-Shatter BU-Single-Burst-Single.

The build doesn't have any issues with AOE. I've farmed with it plenty. Heavy Burst, Suppression, and Venom Grenade combined with the pets make mobs drop fine. The build is really versatile, especially considering how much it brings to the team. Just not with personal DPS.

Appreciate it buddy! I’m actually on Mac and Mids isn’t jiving with it 😕 is it copy and pasted anywhere?

7 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

Appreciate it buddy! I’m actually on Mac and Mids isn’t jiving with it 😕 is it copy and pasted anywhere?

Yes, Crabminders are great but can't direct pets to hit the target they want, can't make them follow, or go to, and the cooldowns are huge. A Mastermind just throws out more minions if theirs dies but a Crabmind will play without the pets until they recharge... and might just die again once cast. And just like with a Mastermind pets fold, fast, against +4.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Kachooman said:

Starting to look like a decent set of data.

It really is. Honestly, I'm wondering if a thread just in the AT forums with the current list (or something, whatever) consolidating it in the OP, and the next few posts bookmarked by other posters in case the OP needs to dip out, is an idea,

Or can a mod move this thread to the general AT forums and do something similar? I'm not sure. I know this thread is in the scrapper forums, but it has ALL the ATs measuring their performance with pylons.

Edited by SomeGuy
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

It really is. Honestly, I'm wondering if a thread just in the AT forums with the current list (or something, whatever) consolidating it in the OP, and the next few posts bookmarked by other posters in case the OP needs to dip out, is an idea,

Or can a mod move this thread to the general AT forums and do something similar? I'm not sure. I know this thread is in the scrapper forums, but it has ALL the ATs measuring their performance with pylons.

The truth is that we should be less than 10% of the HC players interested with Single Target performance.

Not even worth a sticky 🙂

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

Lovely thank you.

8 pages to go, should be finished today.

Some observations.

Anything BIO stomps, at this point I get it people test some other powers already 😛

If you put your time in seconds I love you, at this point I have gotten quite good at knowing exactly how many seconds are in various times.

It has been a fun distraction, I hope someone can make pretty graphs from this once its done.

Edited by Kachooman

57 minutes ago, Kachooman said:

Anything BIO stomps, at this point I get it people test some other powers already 😛

This is a big reason why all my current scrappers are Bio. One, it is crazy DPS. Two, they all compare well with the other sets. This way, I can confidently say if a scrapper set is good/bad. So far, I haven't found a numerically bad set. Most sets really do perform the same number wise. The only real outliers I've found are Staff Melee and Electrical Melee. I freaking love the feel and look of staff, but it is dead last in terms of numerical performance. Electrical Melee isn't doing great ST DPS, but the set never tried to be a jack-of-all-trades either. And the stalker version of EM actually cooks pretty fast with ST. And still keeps it's AOE. Staff Melee stalkers still lag pretty far behind Electrical Melee stalkers with ST. Not to mention AOE. Sad, really. Staff needs the TW treatment in the opposite direction. That would actually be really baller. Just pump the base numbers up until you are getting similar performance to other sets.

Edited by SomeGuy

Okay she is all up to date.

Current fastest recorded run goes to THUGS/STORM MM from Zeraphia, slowest goes to ELEC/SD scrapper from Munkilord!

Caveats*

• There might be errors out here in there data. Its all been manually copied and I am a human so likely wrong in some places.
  • I started out averaging peoples times of their runs when they posted a range of times, and anytime people entered an average I used this for their entry. By the end I was just taking the best time from people.
  • I may have miss some posted times, again apologies am a human and sometimes I can't interpret all the words or simply miss stuff. Post them below if I missed anything of yours and I will add them in.

Link in my signature if anyone wanted to check it out.

Edited by Kachooman
  • Thanks 3

Been awhile since I've posted here, figured I may go around and see what kind of time I could pull off with my low damage AT (puts out respectable trap door times - around the 5:30 mark). I also feel this video highlights the number one enemy when it comes to this controller combo, something that goes all the way back on live for me as this was my main back then...and that is endurance. Boy does this combo eat endurance like no other, not even Ageless Core can satiate the hunger that my Fire/Storm demands. I did have my support hybrid toggled on, but it's only a measly 2% dmg increase LOL, i probably shouldn't bother turning it on since it doesn't do much. I'm sure after getting that hybrid and interface to t4 I could get under 2 minutes but I'm still working on getting this char it's full incarnates. And it desperately needs those +end accolades...they're just so boring to get.

Fire/Storm controller: 2 minutes 16 seconds (Time starts at 18 seconds in with the first attack)

(Side note: Lightning Storm is the best proc'er in the game for Decimation: Chance for Buildup. It's giving me a 90% chance for +64%dam every 20s or so)

Edited by Ratch_