Virus attached to city of heroes?

So i downloaded City Heroes and played a couple days ok and now my antivirus says sonar.procHijackg45 is attached to it and i need to shutdown and restart my computer immiediately.  Any idea if its unsafe to be playing the game?

Thanks for the replies. When i launch tequila it will start to load and then my screen will blank out for a couple and then my norton antivirus says to shutdown immediately and restart computer. i could try launching it again to pay more attention and see if i can figure out what its attached to but im not really computer literate when it comes to these things.  It only happens when i try to run city of heroes and ive done a full system antivirus scan and its coming up clean otherwise.

So it's flagging on Tequilla before you can even start CoH proper then? Sounds like you just need to disable anti-virus while playing, unless you want to go through the effort of contacting Norton and trying to convince them to white flag the program.

I'm out.

Well my biggest concern is that from what ive read this is a really nasty virus that can steal passwords, accounts, lockout other programs etc.  So i am concerned about bypassing anything and letting it run at this point til i can get some clarity.  I believe when i did it i actually made it to the screen login before being told to shutdown and restart.

• City Council

This is a false positive; these things are common with Norton in particular but is more generally a problem with the way that some AVs work. This happened because we updated the SCORE executable earlier today.

Here is a VirusTotal scan of the SCORE.exe pushed out today (feel free to check the hash or re-upload it!). VirusTotal was 0/72 on scans.

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/ea1710e226ec21586bfd62978d34cab7f08b08f9eff177071a30cbad37a66fa9/detection

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Norton especially, but also some other anti-virus software HATES anything related to Tequila/Paragon Chat and I guess now Homecoming.  There's a big ol' technical post about why here: https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11851.0

Just exclude those programs and you'll be fine.  We've been using them for years and no one has ever reported any ill effects of the nature these a/v programs suggest.

I would exclude the whole game folder at it should be fine. Norton's notorious for being a pain. Probably because it's the Oldest pain. :p

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

you can report a false Positve to most of the AV companies

BUT i dont think they will take care of it in the case of Tequillla because its a launcher to play COH on an unlicensed servers, that even Downloads stuff and "who knows who is behind the servers that host these files and/or the game".

I trust the guys behind Homecoming to not take over my PC and steal my data or dump illegal files on it but i dont think an AV companies trusts someone who operates in a legal grey area (at least until there is a official statement from NCsoft)

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak