Contacts say I'm too busy

EggKookoo

I'm running around redside in Grandville, lv46. For some reason all of my contacts are starting to say I'm too busy, despite not having any missions queued up. From what I see on The Wiki, that's not the same as them running out of missions. On a possibly related note, I've had contacts introduce me to new ones, only for the new one to act like I haven't been introduced to them.

I'm playing a hero who I switched over to a rogue via Null. Does that mess up contact patterns on the villain side?

There's no way that I know of to abandon an arc. Nor should you. There are merit rewards at the completion of the arc. If the content is now too low, the best option is to make a note of the date and time - auto-complete the task, and three days later, auto-complete the next mission, until the arc is complete. 

• Like 1

OTOH, if the content is way lower than you, it should be a breeze to finish them the old-fashioned way ... 🙂

• Like 2

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

There is a hard limit of 5 story arcs regardless of alignment.  And 7 total open missions is also a hard limit.

• Thanks 2

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

From

Switching alignment with a completed mission will no longer abandon it. This was being exploited in order to repeatedly obtain the last mission of a story arc (delivery missions in particular) and obtain the merit rewards for the arc again and again. As a result, the mission will be stuck in your list until you switch to a compatible alignment and are able to call the contact again.

Maybe that is contributing to this?

Edited by Yuro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Switch to vigilante. Then you can go both sides and complete arcs. Sadly there is no way round it, but you should be able to blast through to the mission objective really quickly, unless it's a defeat all mission in which case just go -1/1 and blast your way through. They will probably con grey or green at most. Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to finish 5 arcs and leave it open for new stuff to arrive. You are going to have to do it at some point anyway as you will be stuck for incarnate arcs when you ding 50. It's been a very long time since I had to do this so I can't remember if it exemplars you down to the highest level for the arc like ouroboros does, or if it raises the enemy to the highest level available. or both. Either way, unless you did some truly weird stuff when you last did a respec, you should be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later