Minimal FX Options

Savantir

thirding this - some more minimal FX options would be nice; would love a version of propel from grav control that doesn't involve launching random objects at enemies, just a nice wave of gravitational force. I mean don't get me wrong; beaning enemies with random objects can be fun but it doesn't always fit with some character concepts.

• Like 3

I've read that they don't want to completely remove the effects from elemental sets, but I would like "minimal" to at least be tuned down from "a gigantic eyesore of overlapping effects".  I can understand wanting to have one fire or electric aura around the character, but there doesn't need to be five of them.

• Like 2

Bumping this. Now they've removed the FX but it's introduced countless bugs regarding Concealment Stealth. It's now completely making my weapon and even my blazing arrow invisible, and on my blaster it's making my frozen armour FX totally disappear. What's up with this?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Savantir07 said:

Bumping this. Now they've removed the FX but it's introduced countless bugs regarding Concealment Stealth. It's now completely making my weapon and even my blazing arrow invisible, and on my blaster it's making my frozen armour FX totally disappear. What's up with this?

Yup this is true. I'm liking how it no longer slows the character down, but there's no option to show FX now. And it's making my other cool armour FXs disappear. So weird!

• Like 1

Speaking of minimal fx options, is there anyway of stopping some of the animations from some of them?

I'm specifically thinking of the silly gorilla standing pose that Tough pool power puts you into.... That seems to override all other powers no matter what.

I'd love to see every power have a "No FX", a "Minimal FX" and of course normal FX option.  

Even if it was my side only and other people still saw the FX I would still much appreciate it.  I spend a lot of time designing most of my characters and I wanna see them, demmit!  😄

But totally, if I could click "No FX" for my powers and I wouldn't see them...  And then if others had an option of seeing FX or defaulting to the other players options, that would be cool...  

And if the No or Minimal was suppressed in PvP areas I'd still be good with it.  *shrug*

5 hours ago, Crysta Clear said:

That stance ends the moment you nudge a movement key, DocLiah. XD

lol Yes, but it still annoys as it seems to be the default and can't be stopped.

Sometimes moving forward also causes the character to slide along in the pose for a second... which looks very silly.