Multiple Auras

Razor Cure

While we're looking at costumer creator revamps, could we maybe also consider Head Detail 1 and 2 getting an option similar to the asymmetrical gloves and boots but instead of splitting things in half by sides, just give us the option to have 2 whole pieces from Detail 1 and Detail 2?  I mean, I have winter themed ice blaster with ear muffs, but that means I cannot equip sun glasses or goggles for going skiing on the slopes (and where ever else ice appears) without losing the ear muffs.

• Cybernetic eyes?  No demon horns for you.
  • Mustache?  No cigar.
  • Bubble Helmet?  You must be clean-shaven.
  • Retro-SciFi antennae thing?  Definitely no goggles.

Also, I'm really stoked about the idea of more auras and a greater diversity in the color palette.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later
On 12/8/2020 at 2:19 PM, Keovar said:

Will it have a 'favorites' list so once you have a color you like, you don't have to select it again?   
I would also be great to have a translucency setting, for ghostly characters and custom AE mobs.

Having a personalized swatch of custom colors, or (something that has the last 10 colors you've picked) would be sooooo awesome!!!

The translucency thing though; as I understand it currently the transparency-opacity of any given power/aura has to do with each power's individual FX particles/textures. For some, the darker a color is, the closer it is to 0 0 0 black, the less visible the FX particles will be, for others (let alone Dark versions of powers) this does not hold as true, but the appearance is still affected by the brightness of a given color value. So trying to add a transparency/alpha option would require extra shenanigans that might look like redoing every particle from the ground up.

@archaelia - Torchbearer :: Pure Sunlight | Pure Starlight | Pure Voidlight | Pure Magic | Pure Radiation | Pure Diamond | Hyperline | Skittles | Wyndra | Stellagirl | Persephone Yin | Cilatra | Trance Gemini | Cyan Essence | Voidweaver | Zael | Multiplicate | Clanket | thiccuracy | Galaxy Gem | Infinite Rose | Nightflower | Hot Sands | Sandweave | Jetfuel | Plasmahead | Ice Chest | Internal Locus | Danger Dancer | PPD Parks Ranger | FDPC Cryoforce | Black Silver | Vanguard Viper | Arrowdyne | Adam Adrenaline | Violet Velocity | Hypervoltage | Star Huntress | Kat Huntress | Violet Vycanthys | Edge Witch | :.

• 1 year later
  • 1 year later
37 minutes ago, Uden said:

/bump

Please. This would be awesome.
(Since path auras and regular auras are already able to be mixed simultaneously, I am meaning more than one body/hands/eyes/head/etc. aura)

it can be done. one of the competing servers allows different auras attached to different costume piece slots. ie. one aura for gloves, another for feet. at least that's how I remember it. haven't been on that server in a very long time

35 minutes ago, arcane said:

I’d like to see more people rocking the 2nd auras we already have: prismatic aether effects.

Yeah... some of us are disinclined to farm enough PAPs to be able to buy those. At 250 apiece, duo'ing 1-star Hard Mode TFs at 2 PAPs a run (especially for soloists who's friends can only play a few times a week for an hour each time), that's a lot of runs (125) to get. And at 3.5M inf' (current rate on AH) for each? That's 875,000,000 inf' per aura.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add "(especially for soloists...)". And again to add "(125)".

56 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Yeah... some of us are disinclined to farm enough PAPs to be able to buy those. At 250 apiece, duo'ing 1-star Hard Mode TFs at 2 PAPs a run (especially for soloists who's friends can only play a few times a week for an hour each time), that's a lot of runs (125) to get. And at 3.5M inf' (current rate on AH) for each? That's 875,000,000 inf' per aura.

I don’t believe that influence cost is insurmountable. That’s no more than a typical fully IO’d fully +5’d build. And I lose track of how many players claim to have billions sitting around in email. 

God forbid anything require a little work in this game, though…

8 minutes ago, arcane said:

And I lose track of how many players claim to have billions sitting around in email. 

Yeah... I'm not one of them. More power to them. Buy as many PAP costumes/auras you want. No skin off my back. Not everyone in the game is a multi-billionaire though.

I don’t believe that influence cost is insurmountable. That’s no more than a typical fully IO’d fully +5’d build.

And it usually takes me a few months to get to that point on any given character. (Edit: +5'ed?)

God forbid anything require a little work in this game, though…

I'm not saying the PAPs should be more common drops or the costumes/auras you can buy with them should be cheaper. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't hold your breath over seeing those costumes/auras becoming common use.

Edited by Rudra

Ooooo...would love this!  As I use Glow Aura Eyes as a way to do solid color orb for eyes.  This would allow me to get some other aura on top of that for a couple of concepts I would've loved to have had to combine with just a Glow Aura Eye option 🙂

I'd have settled for Eyes Permanent and Hands in combat option too!