Which set benefits the most from the latest snipe change?

Galaxy Brain

From experience: Archery is an interesting note.  I don't know if it's better or worse, but when you BU/Aim your Rain of Arrows, you're still technically "out of combat" just after firing.  This allows you to launch RoA and still take a long-snipe on a boss in the group that will survive RoA for the 4.5 damage while BU/Aim is still up.  I have a little bit of interrupt reduction in mine, so the shot usually goes off before the group hits me back.  It helps soften the boss while still providing the nice range bonus for Fistful to mop up any other survivors.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Thanks 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 8/28/2019 at 4:08 AM, ZorkNemesis said:

From experience: Archery is an interesting note.  

Snipe-related Archery question-- my blaster is a probably going to respec fairly soon and I'd like to respec out of snap shot and take explosive arrow-- in your experience, with the snipe change, do you see any problems with a single target attach chain of aimed/blazing/ranged and AoE of rain/explosive/fistful (ideally with a kb->kd IO in explosive)? I wasn't sure prior to this change that I could get a consistent attack with just aimed/blazing but now snap seems possibly replaceable. 

On 9/2/2019 at 1:29 AM, Haijinx said:

Does Assault Rifle Sniper still get the synergy +dmg with Targeting drone?

If so it should be much improved, since the To-Hit is a damage boost now also  

Targeting Drone gives a 60% damage boost while out of combat, no longer tied to Assault Rifle.  So your out of combat opener gets the damage regardless of your primary set.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:50 PM, Galaxy Brain said:

Title says it all, but I can see Elec Blast being way better now that it sorta has a T3 blast!

I can confirm the elec blast is way better with insta snipe. Voltaic Sentinel was no replacement for a good T3 shot to the grill.