Mace and Shield need a throw power

Rebel231

The only issue is that what you throw wouldn't necessarily use the geometry of the actual weapon/shield you're wielding, since power animations are essentially separate entities.  It'd have to be a generic disc and mace-like object that was thrown...

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

Back during live they were also concerned with avoiding things like direct Thor clones and direct Captain America clones. 

Less of an issue now I guess since I teamed with three different Aquaman clones on the same day >.<

DCUO has a shield throw power, though you only throw a generic disc-like object, (last I checked).  The thing is, since shield defense is a completed set already, it'd have to go somewhere else...

22 minutes ago, Vanden said:

How are you supposed to use your shield to defend yourself if you've thrown it at an enemy?

I could see it bouncing from enemy to enemy, and then back to the player who "threw" it, but there's so many animation issues that would have to be addressed first that I'm pretty sure this isn't possible without some major combat engine changes.

2 hours ago, biostem said:

DCUO has a shield throw power, though you only throw a generic disc-like object, (last I checked).  The thing is, since shield defense is a completed set already, it'd have to go somewhere else...

Epic power set

"Marvel Mastery" 

Shot Web

Thor Throw 

Merica Shield Toss

Summon Squirrels 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Epic power set

"Marvel Mastery" 

Shot Web

Thor Throw 

Merica Shield Toss

Summon Squirrels 

Power pools need to have 5 powers now. I'm thinking the last power would be The Entire Claws and Regeneration Sets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1