NO WAY!!

Ya'dig

I can not believe I did not know this game is back!!! As soon as I get home from work I'm installing this and getting started. Man I've missed this game.

• Like 17

“Destiny dressed you this morning my friend, and now fear is trying to pull off your pants. If you give up, if you give in, then you're gonna end up naked with fear just standin' there laughing at your dangling unmentionables.”
― The Tick

Welcome home man!!

I love seeing these kinds of posts!  I'm hopeful that in a "post-deal" world, that more mainstream advertising will result in a LOT more folks realizing the game is back, legitimate, and actively being developed, leading to them also finding their way home.

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 2

What was no more, is REBORN!

2 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

Welcome home man!!

I love seeing these kinds of posts!  I'm hopeful that in a "post-deal" world, that more mainstream advertising will result in a LOT more folks realizing the game is back, legitimate, and actively being developed, leading to them also finding their way home.

Absolutely... I'm chomping at the bit to get home. I think I'll get my wife to install it while I'm here. LOL

But I was just skipping around Reddit and saw the post and couldn't resist to sign up.

• Like 1

“Destiny dressed you this morning my friend, and now fear is trying to pull off your pants. If you give up, if you give in, then you're gonna end up naked with fear just standin' there laughing at your dangling unmentionables.”
― The Tick

I recall clearly the very first day I logged into this game, after completing the tutorial, and finding myself standing at the steps leading up to the statue of Atlas.  I was in awe.  15 years later, I was able to feel that again when the Homecoming server went online.  Actually brought a tear to my eye, and I had to just stand there, pan around a bit, and take it all in.  At the time, I didn't know how long it would last.  But, since then, I have grown more comfortable that the game will never be completely taken away again, and set to work by creating 20 characters, playing them in PUGs, on teams with friends, and soloing them, depending on the time of day, and circumstances.  In short, I couldn't be happier to be back in Paragon City! 

Pretty sure you will feel the same way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Abraxus said:

I recall clearly the very first day I logged into this game, after completing the tutorial, and finding myself standing at the steps leading up to the statue of Atlas.  I was in awe.  15 years later, I was able to feel that again when the Homecoming server went online.  Actually brought a tear to my eye, and I had to just stand there, pan around a bit, and take it all in.  At the time, I didn't know how long it would last.  But, since then, I have grown more comfortable that the game will never be completely taken away again, and set to work by creating 20 characters, playing them in PUGs, on teams with friends, and soloing them, depending on the time of day, and circumstances.  In short, I couldn't be happier to be back in Paragon City! 

Pretty sure you will feel the same way.

I remember the same exact thing. I was getting nostalgic with SWG but that just didn't feel the same since those private servers are usually unbalanced in some way and the communities are bunk. But now I have to decide what I want to roll. LOL 

• Like 1

― The Tick

53 minutes ago, Ya'dig said:

I remember the same exact thing. I was getting nostalgic with SWG but that just didn't feel the same since those private servers are usually unbalanced in some way and the communities are bunk. But now I have to decide what I want to roll. LOL 

When Icon, and later, Paragon Chat came on the scene, while they didn't provide for actual game play, they did offer the ability to create (or re-create) characters, and save their costume, and power profile files to a local drive.  In the years I participated in those two endeavors, I pretty much recreated most of my mains from the original live game, and just flew them around zones, listening to the zone theme music, feeling nostalgic while at the same time, keenly aware that the most important elements were still missing.

When Homecoming made it possible to play again, I was already using the Tequila downloader for those two projects, so playing on the live server became another option on that menu.  This, in turn, allowed me to just call up those saved files, and most of my mains were reborn into the live server within an hour.  15 of them anyway (out of the 25 L50 characters I had when the game shut-down), and I've added 5 more back since then. 

But, whether you re-create old, familiar characters, or something brand new, I guarantee you are in for the time of your life rediscovering the game, and learning it all over again!

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ya'dig said:

I can not believe I did not know this game is back!!! As soon as I get home from work I'm installing this and getting started. Man I've missed this game.

Welcome home!
I found it on a fluke when it first relaunched on this server, then was shut-off, then was back! And much to my wife's chagrin. . . I have done nothing much since it has returned - but I am in a much better mood!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, theDarkeOne said:

Welcome home!
I found it on a fluke when it first relaunched on this server, then was shut-off, then was back! And much to my wife's chagrin. . . I have done nothing much since it has returned - but I am in a much better mood!

Isn't it amazing how something like this game changes your mood? Thank jeebus my wife likes video games and MMO's... think I'll have to sway her to come to CoH and stop playing stupid WoW.

• Like 2

― The Tick

Guess I can stop playing that sorry substitute known as DCUO. LOL

• Like 3

― The Tick

4 minutes ago, Ya'dig said:

Isn't it amazing how something like this game changes your mood? Thank jeebus my wife likes video games and MMO's... think I'll have to sway her to come to CoH and stop playing stupid WoW.

I will tell you, when the original announced its closure I was in New York on a week long vacation. . . My wife teases me to this day how that announcement ruined the last 3 days of our vacation and how she couldn't believe I would shed tears over a game. . .

When it came back, her first response was, "Well I know I wont see you come out of your office but at least you will be happy. . ." 

So yes, bribe that woman to take the plunge and make a superduo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome Back Hero to Paragon City...Home of more interdimensional gateways than wherever you live...

• Thanks 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

This is a great place to be. I have missed this game so much over the years. I was never able to install Paragon Chat etc. because I knew it would make the already intense feeling of saudade even worse, so I stayed away. And then I delayed installing Tequila because of what if it's shut down as soon as I start feeling safe again ... but here we are, months later, and still going strong!

Paragon City, Rogue Isles, or Praetoria... enter, and be welcome. Welcome home.  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2019 at 3:31 PM, THEDarkTyger said:

DCUO? Oh, you poor soul... Get into Paragon City, STAT!

Yeah. Solo's, Duo's and all that crap for zero gear. Rinse/repeat EVERY SINGLE DAY. So sad because that game could've been so good too.

Edited by Ya'dig

― The Tick

19 minutes ago, biostem said:

Welcome back!  Be sure to check out some of the new stuff that's been added!

Will do. Just trying to get my head on straight. It's been YEARS since I've been on and when they announced the game was dead my brain just tossed everything out. I'm trying to figure out a good toon to build. I went with a ranged but I think I'm going to roll a few toons to see what I want to go with. Any suggestions?

― The Tick

Just now, Ya'dig said:

Will do. Just trying to get my head on straight. It's been YEARS since I've been on and when they announced the game was dead my brain just tossed everything out. I'm trying to figure out a good toon to build. I went with a ranged but I think I'm going to roll a few toons to see what I want to go with. Any suggestions?

Well, check out the Sentinel - it's a ranged damage archetype that has defensive armor sets as their secondary.  There are also some cool sets, like martial combat or tactical arrow for blasters (both secondaries).  Some newer support sets, like Nature Affinity or Time Manipulation, are very interesting.  Beast and Demon Summoning are pretty fun sets for Masterminds.  Also make sure to check out the P2W vendor in the starting zone - nothing there actually costs real money, and there are some neat temporary or thematic powers, (some do cost in-game influence/infamy, though).  Cheers! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hard to tell someone what he will enjoy playing.  It's a totally perspective driven, subjective experience.  For myself, I have more Dominators, and Blasters than other ATs.  But, I also have some Scappers, some Tanks, some Brutes, a Controller, and a Defender.  Some of them are toons that I have to be in a mood to play.  Others are to provide completeness, or balance to a team if that's what's called for.  In other words, I have a toon for pretty much any situation I find when I log in.  The important thing is that I DO login with all the frequency that life allows, and be ready to have fun no matter what's going on.

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, biostem said:

Well, check out the Sentinel - it's a ranged damage archetype that has defensive armor sets as their secondary.  There are also some cool sets, like martial combat or tactical arrow for blasters (both secondaries).  Some newer support sets, like Nature Affinity or Time Manipulation, are very interesting.  Beast and Demon Summoning are pretty fun sets for Masterminds.  Also make sure to check out the P2W vendor in the starting zone - nothing there actually costs real money, and there are some neat temporary or thematic powers, (some do cost in-game influence/infamy, though).  Cheers! 

I went Sentinel with my first toon (dual pistols) just to get the gameplay down. Now I'm trying to figure out a direction to main. Thanks for that info!! Super helpful!

• Like 1

― The Tick

Just now, Ya'dig said:

I went Sentinel with my first toon (dual pistols) just to get the gameplay down. Now I'm trying to figure out a direction to main. Thanks for that info!! Super helpful!

I don't recommend doing this exclusively, but there should be an Architect Entertainment, (AE), building in each starting zone.  If you go in there, use one of the computer terminals, and search for "Tunnel", there are some quick missions that give good XP.  Like I said, don't stick to these exclusively, but it is a good way to get some quick levels, to get a better feel for how a set may play out.  Also, some sets like bio armor or staff fighting, have powers that actually unlock 3 other toggles - these other toggles don't get placed into your power bar automatically, and provide significant benefits, (like how dual pistols gives you toggles to switch between cryo, incendiary, and toxic ammo).

• Thanks 1

Sentinel is an interesting AT.  Trades secondary attacks for a higher degree of toughness, and dials back the damage just a bit as a trade-off.  I haven't gotten into one too heavily yet, but the longer the game is around, the higher the likelihood that eventually, I'll try them all again!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

Sentinel is an interesting AT.  Trades secondary attacks for a higher degree of toughness, and dials back the damage just a bit as a trade-off.  I haven't gotten into one too heavily yet, but the longer the game is around, the higher the likelihood that eventually, I'll try them all again!

I'll definitely be trying out a lot until I settle. Just sucks being a nub all over again LOL

• Like 1

― The Tick

6 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

Regarding sentinels - be aware that their 1st 2 primary attacks trigger effects, (offensive and defensive opportunity), which is their class ability.  Therefore, it is probably in your best interest to take them.

• Thanks 2