NO WAY!!

Ya'dig

1 hour ago, Ya'dig said:

I'll definitely be trying out a lot until I settle. Just sucks being a nub all over again LOL

Actually, I loved relearning everything!  It was an absolute pleasure to have the opportunity to be a noob again! 😎

• Haha 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

5 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

Actually, I loved relearning everything!  It was an absolute pleasure to have the opportunity to be a noob again! 😎

And it's amazing how much comes back even after all this time!  I was amazed to find muscle memory going for keys that I hadn't even bound yet or sudden memories of missions and maps that I thought I had no memory of until I saw them again.  And the music!  It all comes flooding back and what doesn't is readily available via the forums or Help [chat] in-game. 

Edited by Tahliah
clarification
  • Like 2

On 9/7/2019 at 4:54 PM, Ya'dig said:

I went with a ranged but I think I'm going to roll a few toons to see what I want to go with. Any suggestions?

There are 15 archetypes to choose from.  You must play all of them eventually.  🙂

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

4 hours ago, Ironblade said:

There are 15 archetypes to choose from.  You must play all of them eventually.  🙂

Yeah I've probably created and leveled 7 toons to level 10 so far. LOL

Loving them all so far!!

Edited by Ya'dig
  • Like 1

“Destiny dressed you this morning my friend, and now fear is trying to pull off your pants. If you give up, if you give in, then you're gonna end up naked with fear just standin' there laughing at your dangling unmentionables.”
― The Tick

4 hours ago, Ya'dig said:

Yeah I've probably created and leveled 7 toons to level 10 so far. LOL

Loving them all so far!!

There's time.  When the game was live, I took every AT to level 50, every controller primary to 50, every tank primary to 50.

Nowadays, I have one 50 so far.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

4 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

There's time.  When the game was live, I took every AT to level 50, every controller primary to 50, every tank primary to 50.

Nowadays, I have one 50 so far.

Right now I'm kinda obsessed with my ill/cold controller. I did make a scrapper and modeled him after Luke Cage lol... but I'm liking ill/cold right now

“Destiny dressed you this morning my friend, and now fear is trying to pull off your pants. If you give up, if you give in, then you're gonna end up naked with fear just standin' there laughing at your dangling unmentionables.”
― The Tick

4 hours ago, Ya'dig said:

Right now I'm kinda obsessed with my ill/cold controller. I did make a scrapper and modeled him after Luke Cage lol... but I'm liking ill/cold right now

Just imagine how much you'll like it after the upcoming bug fix, considering ill is completely borked right now.

• Like 1

I remember playing City of Heroes as a kid, I was so addicted to it that in order for my mother to understand why i would never let my sisters share the one computer we had, she played it herself, best part was that she bought full subscription along with a couple extra computers after words, it was awesome. I can't believe that city of heroes is back. I might not remember my characters name, but I remember every other single detail of him.  To this day i have been waiting for the old game to come back, and then finding out months afterword it came back is insane. I almost gave up on the possibility that it could ever resurface. I am just glad that all the games me and my family played together are back. 

Edited by Zombiejoe326
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, boggo2300 said:

Is it just me then? I haven't even come close to recreating any of my 80 odd toons from live, not in looks or in powersets

Yes, it's just you.  😛

I had every character build recorded in Excel, including slotting and IO sets.  When the shutdown was announced, Titan Network created a tool to export character data to an XML file.  I used it on every character 'just in case'.  Well, now that the game is back, they created a tool that lets you extract the costume data from the XML files and save it in CoH costume file format.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, boggo2300 said:

Is it just me then? I haven't even come close to recreating any of my 80 odd toons from live, not in looks or in powersets

The only thing I remember was my very first toon looked like Old Man Logan. Lol. Other than that I never thought of the possibility of the game coming back so my brain said screw it lol

― The Tick

1 hour ago, Zombiejoe326 said:

I remember playing City of Heroes as a kid, I was so addicted to it that in order for my mother to understand why i would never let my sisters share the one computer we had, she played it herself, best part was that she bought full subscription along with a couple extra computers after words, it was awesome. I can't believe that city of heroes is back. I might not remember my characters name, but I remember every other single detail of him.  To this day i have been waiting for the old game to come back, and then finding out months afterword it came back is insane. I almost gave up on the possibility that it could ever resurface. I am just glad that all the games me and my family played together are back. 

Very cool!!! I'm trying to get my wife to play this instead and cure her of that nasty WoW addiction. I got her into MMOs.... well WoW mainly back in 06 and she can't leave it be. Lol

― The Tick

43 minutes ago, boggo2300 said:

I only recreated the one I was most sentimental to, but it went from Claws/regen scrapper to Claws/wp brute. I did redo my main from Kin/elec to Elec/kin controller, but I don't think I'll keep it. More interesting to me is how I had a list of builds to do if the game ever came back, and I don't think a single one has survived. The list is far more of powersets which simply didn't exists until near the game's end just after I had essentially stopped playing or near it. Pretty much all of the those sets have been great. 

• Like 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

9 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Yes, it's just you.  😛

I had every character build recorded in Excel, including slotting and IO sets.  When the shutdown was announced, Titan Network created a tool to export character data to an XML file.  I used it on every character 'just in case'.  Well, now that the game is back, they created a tool that lets you extract the costume data from the XML files and save it in CoH costume file format.

I have all my characters from live in Mids, exactly how they were, AND saved costume files for them, I just haven't wanted to recreate any of them

Edited by boggo2300

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

17 minutes ago, boggo2300 said:

I have all my characters from live in Mids, exactly how they were, AND saved costume files for them, I just haven't wanted to recreate any of them

I went totally the other way.  I had a spreadsheet with all of my L50 characters from live (25 of them), and so far I have recreated all but about 5.  Now, I made a few tweeks here, and there.  But, for the most part, I am taking their journeys again as many times as it takes to have that many at that level again.

Of course, it helped that when Icon, and Paragon Chat came along, I had the opportunity to recreated them, and save their costume, and power profile settings LONG before Homecoming ever broke on the scene.  When it did, I a rare reversal of how thing typically go for me, I was ready for this curve ball thrown my way!  I called up my saved files, and like the fabled Phoenix, they rose from the ashes of their former selves!  In record time I might add!

7 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

I went totally the other way.  I had a spreadsheet with all of my L50 characters from live (25 of them), and so far I have recreated all but about 5.  Now, I made a few tweeks here, and there.  But, for the most part, I am taking their journeys again as many times as it takes to have that many at that level again.

Of course, it helped that when Icon, and Paragon Chat came along, I had the opportunity to recreated them, and save their costume, and power profile settings LONG before Homecoming ever broke on the scene.  When it did, I a rare reversal of how thing typically go for me, I was ready for this curve ball thrown my way!  I called up my saved files, and like the fabled Phoenix, they rose from the ashes of their former selves!  In record time I might add!

I have altitis hence my 80 toons on live, the way I look at it all my 50s from back then have finished their stories, now I have other stories to tell, like Slicer-Dicer the 80s action hero Ninja 🙂

• Like 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

I've recreated two of my original characters, more or less; the two that were my absolute favorites. The first is almost exactly the same (I think I made some very minor tweaks to her costume, but so minor that only I can really tell... my husband knew who she was the moment he saw her), while the second had her appearance completely changed and her backstory improved/expanded upon, though she's the same otherwise. Other than that, I have re-used a few favorite names, and one favorite background story, but the characters share little to nothing else with their original versions. The rest of my stable of characters so far, including the only character I've gotten to 50 here, are all new from the ground up. I'll probably continue to do that, both creating completely new ones as well as being inspired by/building off of favorite bits of previous characters. 

I have rebuilt my favorite MA/regen scrapper from live but she is at 20 and a terrible grind because regen isn't what it once was.  So sad.  Having tons of fun with new powersets and archetypes though so its all good!  Welcome home, everyone!

Edited by EmmySky
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, EmmySky said:

I have rebuilt my favorite MA/regen scrapper from live but she is at 20 and a terrible grind because regen isn't what it once was.  So sad.  Having tons of fun with new powersets and archetypes though so its all good!  Welcome home, everyone!

It IS all good! 

I certainly remember the 7 years when we didn't have a live game to speak of at all.  So, I am embracing all of it!  Even the stuff that I don't really care for, because it's here, and I can appreciate the opportunity to loath these things once again, and not take them for granted this time around. 🙂

• Like 1

I have reused my 'characters' but they are not always the same ATs and powers as they were at the Retail LIve ending.

Like I think  lot of RPers, some of the characters I use predate CoH by decades.

This time around, I am trying hard to create characters that 'eork' and 'fit' more into CoH, rather than show-horning in my RP world characters.

That has been really fun!

6 minutes ago, Murcielago said:

In order to access the game you have to send 1 billion inf to @murcielago

::puts up permanent sign:: Free one billion inf tomorrow.

― The Tick