+stealth IO in Hover

Cutter

You will need some other bonus to Stealth to have full Stealth, yes. The only travel power that gets you full Stealth with a +Stealth enhancement is Super Speed, due to its inherent Stealth bonus. As I write this, I'm wondering if a +Stealth enhancement in both Hover and another in a Sprint would stack to full Stealth? I'm not a number cruncher and I've never tried (I've only ever used Super Speed + enhancement to get full Stealth).

@boggo2300 as to why someone would take Hover: it has none of Flight's penalties in combat, plus it can be slotted with Defense IOs and is a fantastic spot to mule such things as LotG +Recharge or Kismet +Accuracy, etc.

• Like 2

I slot it in Sprint. Combined with stealth I get full invisibility. 

The Stealth IOs are treated as unique and mutually exclusive, so you can only slot one of them at a time.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Stealth_IOs

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

If the intent is to pass by enemies without drawing lots of attacks (for blitzing to the end of radio missions or whatever), I've had good luck with this as long as I keep moving and hover has a bit of speed slotted.  Certain groups like Nemesis will still hurt though.  If the intent is to stop right next to enemies, then unfortunately you'll need more.

Like Bopper said above, stealth IO is much better placed in sprint for this purpose, leaving hover free for a def IO slotting.

Rule of thumb for stealth combos:

Stealth + stealth IO= invis to mobs

Super speed + Stealth IO= invis to mobs

Base grant invisibilty crafted buff + stealth Io = invis to mobs (while the buff lasts)

Stealth IO alone= reduced threat range, but not invis where you can stand next to mobs and not be attacked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boggo2300 said:

So does flight without burning another power slot

Hover offers defense and allows you to slot LotG.

Personally, I dont take travel powers. I'll get Ninja run with sprint on to move quickly enough. I'll get jet pack to supplement my needs for temporary flight. I'll buy a void skiff if I need to fly somewhere

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn