The Homecoming of HeroStats

I hadn't planned on updating HeroStats for Homecoming, but enough folks have pestered me about it that I've relented and released an update. You can find it on our Sourceforge.net page:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/herostats/

The HeroStats website has long since lapsed, and I have no immediate plans to resurrect it, so for now I'll use this thread for communication.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7

First post-Homecoming release is version 7.0.0.0!

https://sourceforge.net/projects/herostats/files/HeroStats%20-%20Stable/v7.0.0.0/

Be warned, this initial update is nothing more than the very basic changes needed to get it to run. Lots of stuff probably doesn't work, including but not limited to:

- No Sentinel AT

- Bunches of power changes not accounted for

- Probably some wrong buff timers

- There's no HeroStats website, nor are there badge sites, so none of the web stuff works.

- Some power sets aren't identified properly.

- XP-to-level for level 50s doesn't work right.

If you find specific issues, feel free to post 'em here. Can't promise resolution, but I can at least look.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can someone put a short summary of what HeroStats is/does?

I never used it in Live...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Short answer: Have you ever used ACT for other MMOs? It's like that.

Longer answer: It is a combat log tracker. It monitors your gains (xp, inf, etc.), sets up timers for buffs so you know when they're about to wear off, and for the longer term charts your combat prowess (dpa, dps, etc.) so you can find out where your bottlenecks are in action.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/herostats/files/HeroStats%20-%20Stable/v7.0.1.0/

Version 7.0.1.0

New Features:

- XP remaining now works for Vet levels. Level 50 characters should see XP stats (if enabled).

- Taught HeroStats to recognize the Sentinel AT.

Build:

- Disabled website-related options for now. Can be re-enabled if sites come back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Is it just me or does "always on top" not work for the ingame window?

I knew I used it before and I'm pretty sure I used borderless window mode but I can't get it to work that way...

Only in "normal" windowed mode, that I really don't want to use...

• City Council

Can this get pinned? Like the Pines thread

:)

Frankly, I don't know how some things get pinned and some don't. Seems arbitrary.

People ask me, mostly.

Do all of you think there'd be a use for a dedicated utilities forum? Other than this, Pine's, and Vidiotmaps, what's come out?

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

Can this get pinned? Like the Pines thread

:)

Frankly, I don't know how some things get pinned and some don't. Seems arbitrary.

People ask me, mostly.

Do all of you think there'd be a use for a dedicated utilities forum? Other than this, Pine's, and Vidiotmaps, what's come out?

*cough* *cough*

I had some threads on those things, but I think they got lost in the wind...

I'm out.

Is it just me or does "always on top" not work for the ingame window?

To the best of my knowledge, the in-game window has never worked unless you use Windowed mode. As far as I can tell, this is because the CoH game client doesn't respect "Always on top". You don't need HeroStats to see this problem...open up Windows Task Manager, do Options->Always on Top, and then take a look at it with CoH. In full screen mode, it won't show the Task Manage, but in windowed mode, it will. Used to have this in the FAQ on the HeroStats website, but of course I haven't resurrected that...yet...

• Like 1

Is it just me or other than finding the process and hero info, its not logging any messages/ doing any calculations.

This should not be happening! But one can say that about many things. I suggest you try setting up a HSData chat tab as described here:

https://herostats.blogspot.com/2008/05/scanner-changes-for-issue-12.html

That usually fixes problems like what you've described.

• Like 1

https://sourceforge.net/projects/herostats/files/HeroStats%20-%20Stable/v7.0.2.0/

Version 7.0.2.0

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed in-game window update bug for max level characters.

- Hit/Miss messages should be tracked again.

Power Updates:

- Panacea proc should be properly categorized under heal and endurance buffs, instead of damage.

- Several messages categorized as "bonus damage" have been changed to reflect what they actually are: accuracy buff, damage buff, hold, etc.

• Like 1