Kheldian's Essence Transfer Heal Proc not Firing for Many Attacks

MrSnottyPants

The Essence Transfer heal proc says most attacks have a 12% chance to fire a small heal.  From casual observation I could tell many attacks won't fire and/or the rate is much lower.

I don't know how to setup to parse the combat log, but I do know how to manually count entries in the log 😀-- I ran a solo mission with a level 23 warshade in human form, filled up the log, and went back to count.  I counted attack activations that hit something, and when they fired the heal:

• Cross Punch : 23 activations, 2 heals, 9%
  • Shadow Blast : 19 activations, 1 heal, 5%
  • Kick : 25 activations, 0 heals
  • Gravity Well : 15 activations, 0 heals
  • Sunless Mire : 4 activations, 0 heals

Essence Transfer is in Gravity Well.  Some folks report it only works in the power you slot it in -- clearly not for me.  But maybe they put it in one of the few attacks that can fire.  I'll try to run this test again, to see if Kick and Gravity Well don't fire the heal, or the global rate is just very very low (its around 3% if all these attacks can fire)

Edited by MrSnottyPants

Ran another mission, counted up the successful attacks and heals again:

• Cross Punch : 38 attacks, 1 heal, 3%
  • Shadow Blast : 38 attacks, 1 heal, 3%
  • Kick : 51 attacks, 3 heals, 6%
  • Gravity Well : 27 attacks 0 heals
  • Sunless Mire : 9 attacks, 1 heal, 11%

Essence Transfer is in Gravity Well, which happens to be the attack that hasn't fired the heal.  Not counting Gravity Well, there's a 4% chance to fire the heal across the rest of the attacks, same with my previous run -- well below the stated 12%.

Also:  Essence Transfer heals around 24 against same-level enemies at level 23.  This is similar to what the Corruptor's heal pbaoe proc heals for.  Since this isn't pbaoe, I'd expect it to heal for more, or more often.

• 6 months later
On 9/11/2019 at 1:09 PM, MrSnottyPants said:

The Essence Transfer heal proc says most attacks have a 12% chance to fire a small heal.  . . . 

Some folks report it only works in the power you slot it in -- clearly not for me.  But maybe they put it in one of the few attacks that can fire.  I'll try to run this test again, to see if Kick and Gravity Well don't fire the heal, or the global rate is just very very low (its around 3% if all these attacks can fire)

I too just discovered that this global is 100% and for sure BUGGED and not working as described. It is absolutely not adding a global chance to heal to most attacks, in fact it only seems to work in a couple attacks. I placed it in Orbiting Death, the damage aura, and found that it did not fire off in: any of the 4 Dark Nova attacks or Ebon Eye or Shadow Bolt.

I then dropped back to human form and tested my 2 attacks, Ebon Eye and Shadow Bolt. Neither of these attacks procced after about 50 successful hits. This was true both with the damage aura off and on.

I then turned on the damage aura and walked into some mobs and it procced immediately.

I went to the test server and deleted the enhancement and slotted it in Ebon Eye. It procced for Ebon Eye in both nova form and human form, with results from 3 to 22 successful attacks between activations. No other attacks procced it. I wasn't trying to check the rate just if it would work. With the enhancement in Ebon Eye I attacked in human form using Shadow Bolt. Again, zero activations.

Then I put it in Gravity Well and after about 50 attacks can confirm it's not working in that, and 30 attacks of Ebon Eye did not get activations either.

Please look into this junk! Kheldians are so fragile, having a 5% heal approximately every 6 attacks would be hugely helpful.

• Thanks 1

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

• 1 year later

Necro bumping this due to irritation.

I just dusted off my level 41 (now 43) PB for 27.2 and ran quite a few missions: All of Serpent Drummer's missions, a flashback of Wheel of Destruction, and six non-arc missions from Tina MacIntyre.  (I also ran Posi 1, but used a 2nd tri-form build without the proc for that.)  I have the proc in Incandescent Strike.  It didn't fire once in all that time.

Essence Transfer is not using PPM, it is indeed supposed to use a flat 12% chance of activation.

It only works in powers that can be slotted for damage.

It will only activate in powers that have a combined (activation time + activation interval) > 0. (I don't know of any non-passive powers that would not meet this criteria, and no passive should exist that can be slotted for damage.)

It's no super obvious to me from peering at it why it's not working as expected. Having looked at it, though, I do think its setup is strange. I don't know why it's not PPM based, for a start.

• 1 year later

Just got this Enhancement for my Warshade.

I have Essence Transfer slotted into Shadow Bolt (Which is usable in Human and Nova form)

I've found that it fires off on any of my Nova's attacks (Dark Nova Bolt, Dark Nova Blast, Etc)

However, in Dwarf Form (where Shadow Bolt is not usable) It's not firing off at all.

Next test: Use an unslotter and move it from Shadow Bolt to Ebon Eye.

I'm GUESSING that the heal proc will then fire off on my Dwarf attacks, and stop working on my Nova's

(At work right now so might be a bit before I update).

Also on the subject of Kheld Archetype IOs: The other Kheld Archetype Unique (Kheldian's Grace) is slotted into Ebon Eye right now, and does give it's bonus to all 3 forms (Human/Dwarf/Nova) even though Ebon Eye is only useable to Human and Dwarf form.

Also quick question: Is it only supposed to give a bonus 10% of your DWARF forms added HP? In Dwarf, my total HPs are 1330, My Dwarfs bonus HPs are 546.8 and Khelds Grace bonus HP is only 54.68. 54 HP at level 30 seems kinda enemic for an Archetype bonus but that might just be me. I would have expected 10% of my total HP so 133.0 HP

That's basically a 4% increase in HP while the Nova bonus is a flat 9% Damage increase

UPDATE: (dont tell my boss)

Unslotted from  Shadow Bolt , moved to Ebon Eye, and it is now procing (quite quickly) on all my Dwarf attacks.

Interestingly enough... it was STILL procing on my Nova's attacks as well.
I logged off and back in to see see if maybe the game was thinking it was slotted into both Ebon Eye and Shadow bolt, and after logging back in my Dwarf was still Procing Heals, but my Nova was no longer doing so 😞

The Proc Rates are pretty much as advertised, around 12%, but it seems they only proc if you're in a form that can use the ability it's slotted into. At least for Dwarf and Nova forms. I don't run a Human build so not sure how it works there.

Edited by JeridCOH

• 2 weeks later

Huh, reading this, the reason's actually hilarious. The granting of the global enhancement that does things behind the scenes, is a proc effect baked into the enhancement itself, rather than a proper set bonus-based effect. See the Kheldian Enhancement, as versus say the VEAT global proc thing. The latter doesn't actually do the global enhancement, instead relying on a set bonus to achieve the effect.

The thing is, stuff that's baked into the enhancement directly, relies on the power being usable (and generally on it being used) to do anything. If you lose access to that specific power (exemplaring, form shifting, etc.), you lose the benefits. So the HEAT global thing, isn't global.

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

1 hour ago, BillyMailman said:

The thing is, stuff that's baked into the enhancement directly, relies on the power being usable (and generally on it being used) to do anything. If you lose access to that specific power (exemplaring, form shifting, etc.), you lose the benefits. So the HEAT global thing, isn't global.

Just tested this and found this is not how the global heal is functioning.

.... I have the heal proc slotted in Bright Nova Bolt. It procs in Nova, Human, and Dwarf forms.

I can't say which skills its not procing just that it is indeed procing in all three forms while slotted in Bright Nova Bolt, at least. I have not changed the slotting to test further.

image.png.04ed478057818a73ab719505f04b29ea.png                    image.png.42c80ce1c325baca8986b52f21ef6e81.png

I had more testing planned, and Harakh's bit convinced me to get around to it sooner than I figured, and uh, this is a really terrible one. The thing I was worried would turn out to be the case, is the case. Every time you zone, you need to us the power that the Essence Transfer ATO is in, to activate it. Just use the power once, and you're good - all forms get the proc now. Until you use it, none of them get it.

I took my Warshade into RWZ to beat up the target dummy. Essence Transfer is in Ebon Eye, which human and nova can both use, so I started by just beating up the dummy for a while in human form, not using Ebon Eye. No proc. Switched to nova, same result. Switched to dwarf, same result. I then dropped to human and fired Ebon Eye once. After doing so, all three forms were now getting the Essence Transfer proc on all their attack. I then zoned to base and back, and all three stopped getting the proc until I used Ebon Eye again.

So yeah, in order for Essence Transfer to work, you need to use the power it's slotted into. Once you do, the proc is active until the next time you zone. This is 100% a bug, and the fix is to change it to be a proper global effect using an internal set bonus, like the VEAT Spider's Bit global proc thing, or like the Kheldian's Grace effect, or like countless other sets.

One final fun fact: I then zoned back and forth between RWZ and my base over and over, hitting the dummy with Ebon Eye each time, until finally I zoned in, used Ebon Eye, and missed. No essence transfer. So yeah, you also need to hit a target with the power before Essence Transfer will activate.

• Thanks 2

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

• 2 months later
On 6/22/2022 at 4:00 PM, BillyMailman said:

I had more testing planned, and Harakh's bit convinced me to get around to it sooner than I figured, and uh, this is a really terrible one. The thing I was worried would turn out to be the case, is the case. Every time you zone, you need to us the power that the Essence Transfer ATO is in, to activate it. Just use the power once, and you're good - all forms get the proc now. Until you use it, none of them get it.

I took my Warshade into RWZ to beat up the target dummy. Essence Transfer is in Ebon Eye, which human and nova can both use, so I started by just beating up the dummy for a while in human form, not using Ebon Eye. No proc. Switched to nova, same result. Switched to dwarf, same result. I then dropped to human and fired Ebon Eye once. After doing so, all three forms were now getting the Essence Transfer proc on all their attack. I then zoned to base and back, and all three stopped getting the proc until I used Ebon Eye again.

So yeah, in order for Essence Transfer to work, you need to use the power it's slotted into. Once you do, the proc is active until the next time you zone. This is 100% a bug, and the fix is to change it to be a proper global effect using an internal set bonus, like the VEAT Spider's Bit global proc thing, or like the Kheldian's Grace effect, or like countless other sets.

One final fun fact: I then zoned back and forth between RWZ and my base over and over, hitting the dummy with Ebon Eye each time, until finally I zoned in, used Ebon Eye, and missed. No essence transfer. So yeah, you also need to hit a target with the power before Essence Transfer will activate.

Posting to either confirm all this, or to note we are experiencing the exact same bug.

My process after checking this post:

Checked my powers, thought I saw the Proc in Radiant Strike, so used it first and started beating up mobs in PI with my standard attack chain and AoE powers. Never procced. Thought something else was going on, then jumped into a radio and checked my powers again...

Oh, it's in Incandescent Strike because, apparently, I'm blind. Fired it on the first mob I saw, whiffed, then figured, "Ok, Game. Fine. Let's confirm the power has to connect part." Went through that group with every power except Incandescent Strike and, sure enough, never procced.

Went to the next group, then used I-Strike on another enemy. Landed the attack, the proc did not fire on that one, but did go off one time, and only one time, per cast (no matter how many enemies I hit) on Solar Flare, Dawn Strike, Luminous Detonation, and Solar Flare again. I got lucky in that I did get a proc on each power, but I did notice that it does not multi-proc per power like the Theft of Essence Proc.

Cleared the mission, then went back outside. I cleared a larger group of Circle minions by Portal Corp. without using I-Strike, and no procs. Found two Death Mages, used I-Strike on the first, then started seeing procs again on my AT powers only: Cross Punch never procced.

One scenario I have not tested is what happens if I do not use I-Strike for 2-minutes to see if the proc turns off. A lot of other global procs like to stop 2 minutes after casting, which is why players put them in Auto powers (which effectively fire all the time and refresh the timer).

Edited by archgemini24
Proofreading

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!