All Plant Troller (and Dom) Team

Tahliah

10 hours ago, Shadowfane said:

As one of the plant/storms in the group - it's a monster of a combination;)

I have no doubts.  Currently leveling an Earth/Storm on Everlasting and leveled two, one each on Justice and Pinnacle back on live.  Partly why I'm thinking of doing Plant with Thermal is I've done a lot of Storm (but it is so tempting 😁)

I started a Plant/Nature controller with the hopes of joining in with the group. Sadly, my schedule was having conflicts. 2020 schedule is out and Tuesday is now open. Lord Pan is currently at level 12. I saw the schedule for Jan 7th. Level 15 should be no issue to get, but is there a suggested higher level I should aim for before grouping? I have a couple of weeks to level up if need be. I have been looking forward to joining, and an excited to have the time now to give it a try.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RothenOrderCOH said:

I started a Plant/Nature controller with the hopes of joining in with the group. Sadly, my schedule was having conflicts. 2020 schedule is out and Tuesday is now open. Lord Pan is currently at level 12. I saw the schedule for Jan 7th. Level 15 should be no issue to get, but is there a suggested higher level I should aim for before grouping? I have a couple of weeks to level up if need be. I have been looking forward to joining, and an excited to have the time now to give it a try.

That's great, @RothenOrderCOH!  We'll love to have you join us!  While we don't pick back up our Tuesday schedule until January, we are meeting on Thursdays for the next two weeks (at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior).  If you can make those, you'll get plenty of levels and be fine going into our TFC schedule.  If not, you may want to get to at least 20-25ish because some of the later tfs we are doing are 25-35, and those levels come slower.  Our crew liked that schedule, so we will be sticking with it until we complete our TFC accolade.  Yay!

We'll be running (at least) 30-35ish Winter Event missions/stuff on Thursday, December 26th, so your lvl 12 would certainly get a lot of xp running with us.  And xp booster would also help if you like using those.  Likewise, we will be running (at least) 35+ish content on Thursday January 2nd, so again, a good time to get some xp while have a blast on our plant troll team.  I'm not sure what we'll be doing that night, but we'll decide when we meet this Thursday (I'll post it afterwards so everyone knows).

Anyway, welcome!!  It'll be great to run with you whenever you can make it.

3 hours ago, Tahliah said:

That's great, @RothenOrderCOH!  We'll love to have you join us!  While we don't pick back up our Tuesday schedule until January, we are meeting on Thursdays for the next two weeks (at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior).  If you can make those, you'll get plenty of levels and be fine going into our TFC schedule.  If not, you may want to get to at least 20-25ish because some of the later tfs we are doing are 25-35, and those levels come slower.  Our crew liked that schedule, so we will be sticking with it until we complete our TFC accolade.  Yay!

Awesome. That schedule should work great for me as well. If I can make is Thursdays, I'll do so. Thank you for the invite. I am looking forward to it!

Merry Christmas !!

11 hours ago, VV said:

What's the policy on inviting other wild planters to the SG? 

We don't have a set policy that I'm aware of, but typically we will invite planters (troll/doms) who show up and run with us on plant night (Tuesdays . . .  except this week and next).  Once in the sg, they can /altinvite others of their own plant-based or Parks and Wrecky toons if they wish. 

We've had new people join the sg a variety of ways:  some who posted in the forums here or via PM, some who just sent a tell to me @Tahliahin game, and some who joined the Parks and Wreck chat channel.  Last week, we even got some new sg mates from LFG for the Posi double feature.  All of those work fine.

Irresponsible Creeper is the sg leader, so be sure to let him know if you have questions about the sg.  I really just do the plant Troll Tuesdays stuff and leave the sg in his capable hands.  :P

Just a quick reminder that our all plant troll team will meet tonight at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior.  We're going to have a holiday party and run the Winter Event missions, the Winter Event tf, unwrap some presents, wreck the Winter Lord, and maybe even do some skiing.  Our goal is planty wrecky fun while getting some Winter Event shinies for our planters.

All level plant trolls (and doms!) are welcome.  Whether you're on a new roll or just want to enjoy the Winter Event with other planters before it's gone, join us in the Ski Chalet!  You can just show up and then shout out or send a tell to me @Tahliah, or you can join our Parks and Wreck chat channel and shout out.

Sorry for the delay in my plant troll night update!  I am swamped at work right now, so this will be brief.

We started out with six planters and got up to eight before the night's end.  We saved ugly little Baby New Year . . . many times (yep, got all the goodiees AND the badge!), and we defeated the Lady of Winter, as well. We strangled and vined and creepered and fly trapped our way through the missions and had a blast wrecking everything that got in our way.

One planter even commented that s/he took back a complaint that plant trolls don't kill fast enough.  We were on fire!

That said, it was an off night, and between the holidays and the repetition (probably), planters took off early.  By the end of the night, we were down to four, and we decided to hit the base for some Parks and Wreck beach party goodness (along with some swimming with sharks, one of my favorite things to do!).

We chatted a bit about what to do next week, and we discovered that the Weekly Strike is Posi.  Given that we have at least three new planters who missed our double-feature Posi palooza, we thought it would be fun to run those tfs again on Thursday, January 2 at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior.  Since it's the Weekly Strike that means double merits for all! 

Personally, I love merits and earning double merits is just too tempting to pass up!  We will be meeting on Thursday in Steel Canyon for double merit plant troll (and dom!) Posi palooza.  You can just show up and then shout out or send a tell to me @Tahliah, or you can join our Parks and Wreck chat channel and shout out.

After this week, we will go back to our regular Troll Tuesdays and pick up our Task Force Commander accolade festivities. 

Glad that the holidays are over and things can get back to normal.  New Years partying must have taken it's toll on schedules for most planters.  We did have a new planter join us, Grroowll.  So a few tip missions were done and some chattingscreenshot_200102-22-38-13.thumb.jpg.02cba805f1721abefc231788ba559a8e.jpg

As Tahliah had said our plan for Tuesday start getting the Task Force Commander accolade.  Which we have already done the Posi part of this, the rest are the TFs for 

Badge task force 02.png  Synapse's Cohort Badge   Badge task force 02.png  Synapse's Betrayer Badge   Accomplishment   Complete Synapse's Task Force, The Fall of the Clockwork King.
Badge task force 03.png  Penelope Yin's Friend Badge   Badge task force 03.png  Penelope Yin's Betrayer Badge   Accomplishment   Complete Penelope Yin's Task Force, A Clamor for the People.
Badge task force 04.png  Citadel's Assistant Badge   Badge task force 04.png  Citadel's Betrayer Badge   Accomplishment   Complete Citadel's Task Force, Citadel's Children.
Badge task force 05.png  Manticore's Associate Badge   Badge task force 05.png  Manticore's Betrayer Badge   Accomplishment   Complete Manticore's Task Force, Following Countess Crey.
Badge task force 06.png  Numina's Compatriot Badge   Badge task force 06.png  Numina's Betrayer Badge   Accomplishment   Complete Numina's Task Force, Soul of the Woodsman.

Hope to see everyone on Tuesday.  We would like to start gathering at 9pm and start by 9:15pm EST.  Since these are task forces joining after we've started is always an issue.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GreenAx said:

New Years partying must have taken it's toll on schedules for most planters.

Ooohhhoohoohoo yeah it did. Looking forward to getting past all the holidays and to normal life.

• Like 1

Friend and I just made a duo Plant/Time Troller and Plant/Thorns Dom to run Praetorian content.  We are having a blast and I can completely understand the interest in grouping Plant sets together.

• Like 2

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.
Or come on by and visit my Discord.

I run my theme groups there and chat with Twitch viewers in voice there.
And lastly, come see my on Twitch.  City of Heroes is my main game!

So our Synapse TF was a fun night, if not a bit of a slog at points, lots of defeat all missions. We started a bit later than expected but since there was an update wanted to give everyone a chance to get on. We rocked the Synapse, two hours it took.  We had some new teammates who joined us and some random planters that wanted to join.  Even another person planning on making a plant to roll with us.  (We Hope).  Below you will see our victory team, us rocking Clock King (he dropped quick), and Babbage (took longer than clock king but it wasn't hurting us at all).  Next week is Penny Yin in our watering can on our way to get Task Force Commander.  So hope to see you there on Tuesday, Jan 14, 2020 around 9pm.  

screenshot_200107-23-37-35.thumb.jpg.819254504c1f4b7ac26fcb96500743ff.jpgscreenshot_200107-23-32-56.thumb.jpg.7034b4d171eae2d06a1a49312f252c60.jpgscreenshot_200107-23-24-29.thumb.jpg.24e809812212abac7778bd5070850367.jpg

• Like 2

I missed the Synapse, unfortunately. But I did take my planter out to an MSR the other day. That was fun. I *finally* got to 35 and got Transference (Plant/Kin).  So glad about that. Up until then, she had been literally starving too death. Spending much times during fights converting everything to blues. Now, hopefully she can breathe more easily. I do wish she had one heavy hitter. I'm so used to having Propel on my Grav/Storm that I miss being able to actually smack something down. I thought about taking Flurry from Speed or something, but I don't really have room for it in the build.

I'm planning to take the Leviathan Mastery patron pool. Water Spout sounds fun, hibernate is great utility for rambunctious controllers, and I want my own Coralax! Maybe we could do one of the patron arcs sometime, if anyone else is planning to take a patron pool.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 8:51 AM, Dahle said:

Friend and I just made a duo Plant/Time Troller and Plant/Thorns Dom to run Praetorian content.  We are having a blast and I can completely understand the interest in grouping Plant sets together.

That's awesome!  When you guys get out of Praetoria, be sure to send a tell to either me @Tahliah or to our Parks and Wreck sg leader @GreenAxand we can get you in the sg and ready to run with our all-planter troll/dom team!  Also, you can /chanjoin our Parks and Wreck chat channel, and anyone on will help you!  We have a great group and welcome all new planters with open stems!  

On 1/8/2020 at 2:47 PM, RothenOrderCOH said:

Thank you for the invite last night. I had a great time. I'm looking forward to next week! (Lord Pan - Plant / Nature Controller)

Lord Pan, what a great name!  I can't wait to "meet" you on Tuesday! 

19 hours ago, VV said:

I missed the Synapse, unfortunately. But I did take my planter out to an MSR the other day. That was fun. I *finally* got to 35 and got Transference (Plant/Kin).  So glad about that. Up until then, she had been literally starving too death. Spending much times during fights converting everything to blues. Now, hopefully she can breathe more easily. I do wish she had one heavy hitter. I'm so used to having Propel on my Grav/Storm that I miss being able to actually smack something down. I thought about taking Flurry from Speed or something, but I don't really have room for it in the build.

I'm planning to take the Leviathan Mastery patron pool. Water Spout sounds fun, hibernate is great utility for rambunctious controllers, and I want my own Coralax! Maybe we could do one of the patron arcs sometime, if anyone else is planning to take a patron pool.

I missed Synapse, too, VV!  😞  Maybe we can get together and form a team to run it separately to ensure we get our TFC accolade.  Hit me up in-game.

I'm running a plant/kin, too, so I'll keep you SB'd to help with your end, no worries. 

I think it's a great idea to run a patron arc, so that is going straight on our list of things to do when we finish our TFC accolade!  Woots!

Okay, Planters, sorry for my absence lately.  I've been working crazy long hours and haven't been able to make it for the past two weeks.  Happily our illustrious and ever-fabulous sg leader Irresponsible Creeper / @GreenAxhas had my back (as always).  

I'm behind by one on our TFC accolade task forces, so I will run Synapse at some point before we finish our TFC tf festivities. 

Here's our schedule for the coming weeks:

January 14th:      Penelope Yin, level 20+ (this is a short one, so we will likely also do some missions/radios/etc.)

January 21st:       Citadel, level 25+

January 28th:      Manticore, level 30+

February 4th:      Numina, level 35+

If you haven't already done Posi (the old-school or 1 and 2 version) and/or Synapse, no worries, you can do those anytime to get caught up and for xp and merits!  I still need Synapse, so you can hit me up @Tahliahfor that one since I'll be running it on an "off" (i.e. non-Troll Tuesday) night.

On Tuesday, we will be meeting in IP for the Yin tf at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior.  It's a short tf, so depending on everyone's levels (min level for Yin is 20), we may do another short tf like the ITF or Hess or bang out some radios or just do story arc mishes. Whatever we do after the tf will be amazing fun because all plant troll/dom team!  Heh.

Edited by Tahliah
typos, clarity
  • Like 1

Just a reminder that the all plant troll (and dom) team will be meeting tonight in Independence Port for the Penelope Yin (lvl 20+) task force.  We are on our way to our Task Force Commander accolade.  Woots!

We will meet tonight in IP at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior. As we are doing a tf, the minimum level to join us is 20. 

As a heads up, we will be doing the remaining TFC task forces in the coming weeks, and they, too, have minimum level requirements:

January 21st:       Citadel, level 25+

January 28th:      Manticore, level 30+

February 4th:      Numina, level 35+

All plant trolls (and doms) are welcome to join our sg at any level, but do note that our "official" Troll Tuesdays for the next several weeks will entail the TFC task forces, which do have level requirements. If you want to join us, any of us will be happy to run with you and help you gain levels, or you can pop a 2xp and get your farm on.  Whatever you prefer is just fine with us! 

After that, on February 11th, we are going to do unlock the patron pool.  You don't have to be lvl 35 to run the patron arc with us; once you hit lvl 35, it will be unlocked for you.  For this, we will all need to hit Null the Gull in Pocket D to switch alignments, but that's just a couple clicks to do and then undo after. 

As an aside, the Weekly Strike target this week is Synapse, so it was raining Synapse tfs when I was on yesterday.  Nice!  I ended up hopping on a pug from LFG and got my Synapse badge and merits . . . and all that lovely xp. So I am all caught up now and raring to go tonight for Yin and then whatever wreckage we decide to do after that short tf. 

If you are interested in joining us for tonight's Yin tf, it's easy!  We welcome all plant trolls (and doms), so just show up in IP and shout out or join our Parks and Wreck chat channel and let us know you are there and want to join in the plant troll fun.  Or you can send a tell to me @Tahliahor to @GreenAxand we will get you squared away in no time.  

• Like 1