Question about enhancements

Gravitus

My question is mostly attuned vs catalyzed ? What's the difference? Can an enhancement be both attuned and catalyzed?

I may be asking an invalid question altogether. Can someone break it down Barney Style for me? Also how do you attune an enhancement? 

Thanks 

They're the same thing. You use a catalyst to make an enhancement attuned. I guess some people might call that being 'catalyzed', but I've never heard that before.

The catalyst can also make ATOs and WinterOs superior, but they were attuned in the first place. Maybe that's what people meant by catalyzed.

38 minutes ago, DR_Mechano said:

Attuned and Catalyzed are basically the same thing. What you're thinking of is Attuned and Boosted (using the enhancement boosters to raise it up to +5). An IO cannot be both boosted and attuned.

which one is better? can any changes be undone?

I'm sorry if this is inaccurate information in any way. It's entirely possible that I've misunderstood the rules here, but here's my understanding:

It's pretty circumstantial. Attuned means that any set bonuses you gain will sustain when you exemplar below the normal enhancement effectiveness range. For instance if you have level 50 sets, you'll lose those set bonuses once you exemp below level 47, but attuned sets will keep the bonuses. However if the set has a minimum level (Say, Obliteration, which has a minimum level of 30), then that cap is still in place and the bonus will stop working 3 levels below (level 27 for Obliteration). Usually, you will want to attune so that your bonuses come with you through as much of the game's content as possible.

Boosted means that the effectiveness of that enhancement's normal properties are increased. A good application could be on hasten, where two +5 boosted recharge enhancements would do approximately the job of three unboosted recharge enhancements and saves you a whole slot. If you use this on a level 50 IO set, then their set bonuses will still only work down to level 47.

You can't refund boosters or catalysts once they have been use.

This guide gives a pretty nice rundown on when to attune/catalyze and when to boost.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer