Well, the base editor decided to randomly give me the middle finger

WumpusRat

I had gone into edit mode to move a few things around, and the game in its infinite wisdom decided "Nah, you want to grab this salvage rack over here, and move it randomly somewhere in the base! Oh, and for your convenience I'm also disabling Ctrl-Z, lolololololololol!"

So now one of my salvage racks has vanished into the ether, the game won't let me delete it because it has salvage in it, and I can't find it anywhere in the base. 

Anyone know any way I can find where the hell the game decided to move it to?

<edit> Okay, I managed to correct the problem. Since I was building on top of the actual base area, when the game grabbed and flung it, it moved it down INTO the base, even though it was set to have the room fully filled in. It just phased the object into the solid wall. I hollowed out the room and saw it, so managed to move it back up into position again.

So if this happens to someone else, this could be a solution to fix it.

Edited by WumpusRat
  • Thanks 1

I have not edited in a while but I seem to recall some feature that would list every object within a room down along the bottom. Not sure how much that might have helped in this case, but theoretically one could go from room to room and check the list of room items at the bottom for the missing salvage rack.

And, once you find it in the list, you can select it there as well and try to move it, assuming the editor doesn't decide you really wanted to move something else in the interim. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

2 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I have not edited in a while but I seem to recall some feature that would list every object within a room down along the bottom. Not sure how much that might have helped in this case, but theoretically one could go from room to room and check the list of room items at the bottom for the missing salvage rack.

This is under the Current Room tab.  It can be tedious if you are using the largest single room though as it becomes a real pain to scroll through the list.

• Like 1

• Community Rep

I have made a habit out of holding ctrl even when I'm not moving an item off of the floor, for this very reason. Items, when you lose track of them, usually have found some surface of the sort they are set to attach to, but I wouldn't have thought it would have gone to the inside of a filled base. However, I do know that they have messed with that programming, because you didn't used to be able to fill the entire base, including the entry room, and now you can. So there's apparently some loophole now that treats that area a bit differently. And, for some reason, ctrl/z does not, has never, worked on storage units of any sort.

-Dacy

• Thanks 1