Event Windows

mjadams61

I was trying to do a mission in kings row where you had to kill some many hellions at a certain area and no where else.  Well I get a Clockwork Paladin event window pop up but for the life of me I could no close it. I look under options and even contacted support and the only answer I got from them was it would go away if I left the area.

But I  had to kill some many hellions in that area and I tried other areas in kings row but they didnt count towards the mission. Is there a keystroke I could had down to get rid of it.

IMG_20191022_191253794.jpg

I hate those things too; I usually fret over them during Summer Blockbuster runs.  I don't have a super big screen and they take up too much real estate for my tastes.  I've fiddled about with my resolution but couldn't seem to find one that worked perfectly.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Go into options and I think it's in windows. There is a bit where you can drop the size of the boxes to a more manageable size. A recent patch did some sort of autosize thing which you can disable if you need to, I play on several machines and always have to change the size for the screen I'm on.

• Like 2

I've tried that but have yet to find the sweet spot for small box but easily-read text.  Maybe that's my laziness talking.  😭 

Edited by Clave Dark 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

12 hours ago, mjadams61 said:

Is this something new? I played the old COH but dont remember this happening or popping up.

It happened about the time of Going Rogue when they introduced "Zone Events" they added more and more zone events (sometimes converting existing things, like the Zig Jailbreak, or Paladin in KR)

Edited by boggo2300

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

Is there a reason you're playing in 720p? Increasing the rez will help that out significantly. If you have trouble reading the text, then you can increase font size while still keeping the scaling so that you can see the game.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)