About Knockback/Sudden Acceleration

roleki

33 minutes ago, Bossk_Hogg said:

The people who currently use the proc want a damage set that mitigates KB. Why not make the set more for them, than for some nebulous group that wants a half-ass damage set? Likely very few use the rest of the set anyways. 

well that might be a good guess on the people who use kb-kd most often but i wouldnt be able to say that without a doubt. my intention was to make it a set that belongs in the knock back category as opposed to another damage set, perhaps what you want is a damage set that also has a kbb-kd piece something akin to overwhelming force without the weirdness involving some random proc.  perhaps the answer to your issue is changing overwhelming force proc piece to be identical to the sudden acceleration kb-kd piece, that way you get the damage stats you want with the functionality of the sudden acceleration piece.  

2 hours ago, Chrome said:

i disagree having t waste a slot is exactly why Sudden acceleration is good... it makes you think about how you are building and why.  changing it to a toggle would make something i thought was cool into something boring... the full 6 set bonus is not horrible and is worth getting...however i do think it is odd that if you want to take the full 6 piece set that you lose out on damage because half of the pieces are ENHANCING knockback only to have the 6th piece negate half of what the enhancements do...  I propose that we change the knockback enhancements in Sudden Acceleration to Range that way taking the full set will not feel half useless and giving another unique option for players...you could still use it as is, it wont break any builds using the one piece to change kd to kb and builds that currently use the 6 piece set will still maintain the effectiveness  and even be better off!   it can even offer a reason to get the 5 piece set for people that like KB and enhance the range of the abilities instead of increasing the KB.   

Can't say that I agree at all.  The fact that I am sitting here slotting a KB:KD is more than enough evidence that I've been made to "... think about how I am building and why."   Otherwise I'd just be slotting purps and flipping the bird at everyone as I blow shit across the map.

The fact that a KB:KD enhancement exists at all shows the devs have been made to think about this, too, and while I am super appreciative of their effort, I do not think the KB:KD enhancement 'tax' is an equitable solution.  

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

13 minutes ago, roleki said:

Can't say that I agree at all.  The fact that I am sitting here slotting a KB:KD is more than enough evidence that I've been made to "... think about how I am building and why."   Otherwise I'd just be slotting purps and flipping the bird at everyone as I blow shit across the map.

The fact that a KB:KD enhancement exists at all shows the devs have been made to think about this, too, and while I am super appreciative of their effort, I do not think the KB:KD enhancement 'tax' is an equitable solution.  

I say, considering what the enhancement has done to some power balance, that's just too bad for you. Any more clemency is even more pandering at the cost of balance. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chrome said:

well that might be a good guess on the people who use kb-kd most often but i wouldnt be able to say that without a doubt. my intention was to make it a set that belongs in the knock back category as opposed to another damage set, perhaps what you want is a damage set that also has a kbb-kd piece something akin to overwhelming force without the weirdness involving some random proc.  perhaps the answer to your issue is changing overwhelming force proc piece to be identical to the sudden acceleration kb-kd piece, that way you get the damage stats you want with the functionality of the sudden acceleration piece.  

The onliest problem with that approach is you would need a set for PBAoE, TargetAoE, Melee, Ranged, Sniper and so on. 

That said, would a special Enhancement Converter that converts any existing proc to a KB:KD (removing the proc benefit) be a viable solution?  KB-centric players would still be getting a nerfed version of any set they used this way, but they would at least get the benefit of an enhancement set that ENHANCES.

3 minutes ago, Leogunner said:

I say, considering what the enhancement has done to some power balance, that's just too bad for you. Any more clemency is even more pandering at the cost of balance. 

Yeah, KB:KD, *that's* when balance went out the window.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, roleki said:

The onliest problem with that approach is you would need a set for PBAoE, TargetAoE, Melee, Ranged, Sniper and so on. 

That said, would a special Enhancement Converter that converts any existing proc to a KB:KD (removing the proc benefit) be a viable solution?  KB-centric players would still be getting a nerfed version of any set they used this way, but they would at least get the benefit of an enhancement set that ENHANCES.

the overwhelming force set is already a set that does the kb-kd and it goes into every damaging power as it is universal damage the only change i am proposing is that it removes the proc aspect of it and makes it function like the sudden acceleration piece without random knockbacks in it because reasons

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, roleki said:

Yeah, KB:KD, *that's* when balance went out the window.

I'm not saying balance was somehow perfect until this new enhancement was introduced but it's be retarded to disregard balance just because you've got some jaded perception on how unbalanced everything has been and you just want your gibs no matter the costs. 

@Chrome I misread the original suggestion, on clarification that makes sense.  Surely that would not be hard to do?  Unless it turns out that random proc is a bug that got turned into a feature?

5 minutes ago, Leogunner said:

I'm not saying balance was somehow perfect until this new enhancement was introduced but it's be retarded to disregard balance just because you've got some jaded perception on how unbalanced everything has been and you just want your gibs no matter the costs. 

"Everyone else is doing it, why can't I?"

But you're absolutely correct, I look forward to playing on teams made of 8 rad/fire scrappers because everything else can't get their gibs no matter the costs.

My Dominator has the Psionic Assault set and uses the TK Thrust power (which has KB.)  She works best on teams.

There are times when KB can be useful.  Knocking enemies into a corner so that the Storm Summoning player can pin them down with Hurricane, for instance.  Generally though, KB is a nuisance.

It would be nice to toggle between them.

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

5 hours ago, Chrome said:

the overwhelming force set is already a set that does the kb-kd and it goes into every damaging power as it is universal damage the only change i am proposing is that it removes the proc aspect of it and makes it function like the sudden acceleration piece without random knockbacks in it because reasons

Unfortunately overwhelming force is unique. 

Threads a bit long to read but aside from Bonfire and taking the IO out of the equation their are two issues that should be pointed out if your annoyed about KB

-You might not know how to utilize and dislike powers with KB, thread just seems like people want easy mode.

-Your idiot team mate throwing NPC around a grand slam, you have the option to communicate the issue and migh lack the ability to say something, boot them from the group, or leave if its so frustrating.

Just an outside lookingin POV

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

this thread is not about easy mode and its not about disliking kb because we dont know how they work...its about an enhancement set that some people believe is under powered.  in essence it is about the sudden acceleration set having 3 pieces that enhance kb and then one piece that gets rid of all of that kb, i personally think its a fine set as is but it does have a kind of weird identity.  i offered suggestions on how to improve the overwhelming force set as an additional option.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Megajoule said:

Other KB:KD solutions aside:

Honestly, they should just go ahead and make Sudden Acceleration (or Deceleration, thank you) a "set" of one.  Because that one IO is all that anyone uses or cares about.

I use the whole set in repel because I want the magnitude increased to keep anything off their feet.