Bug hunter badge

Snarky

As far as I've heard, even if a dev grants someone this badge (if they are still doing this at all), it won't show up on your character info/badge list.  'i25' may have completely gotten rid of this badge.  Of course........ it would be nice if an actual dev/administrator could confirm it.

@Kismet

@KlSMET - (kLsmet)

@Kismette

@Kismet Angel/@Angel of Fate/@One Kismet - on live

Heroes on Guardian/Villains on Victory

• City Council

It is awarded. Generally not asking for it is one of the requirements 🙂

@Kismetteis partially correct. It does not appear in the character info window, only to the player that owns it in their own badge list and does not count towards the badge total.

• Like 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

19 hours ago, Snarky said:

I think I know if one.  Just not sure if it is an official ‘bug’.  Not sure if finding an oddity counts as a bug. It is definitely something that is not working as it should

Generally Bug Hunter is awarded only if you find a "Game Breaking" bug. (i.e.  something that breaks the game in a mechanical level etc) 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

On 11/7/2019 at 2:50 PM, Snarky said:

I think I know if one.  Just not sure if it is an official ‘bug’.  Not sure if finding an oddity counts as a bug. It is definitely something that is not working as it should

What is it?

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Remember when the Live Devs had an emergency patch shortly after raising the ignore list cap? You can thank me for that. On the same day they raised the ignore list cap, I capped it by ignoring all the players begging for power levels in PI. Once I had reached the cap, if I ignored another player after the cap, it crashed the whole map, not just for me, but everyone...every player who was on that map. I reported it to Matt Miller and he had me duplicate the bug in game. I gave a warning to players in PI not to get in to anything because I was there with Matt Miller replicating a bug that crashes the map...and asked that players give me a moment before getting involved with anything. Matt Miller shows up, asks me to produce the bug, I ignored a random player and sure enough, the map crashed everyone to desk top.

When I logged back in, Matt Miller said in ALL CAPS! "PLEASE DO NOT SHOW THIS TO ANYONE!!! We will have a fix for this soon! In the meantime, I don't think I need to remind you that if you share this information with other players, you can be permanently banned from the game."

I sent back a tell saying, "I'm gonna tell the whole server! Hahaha. Not a problem, man. Just glad I was able to help."

He gave me a "Haha" and thanked me. He then went on to inform me that he was granting me the Bug Finder badge for this find.

I'm pretty sure I will never get my hands on that badge ever again.  😞

P.S. A player reported me for hacking, a goofball GM banned me due to him having zero knowledge of what Matt and I were doing, and it took Matt 2 days to get me back in game again. I payed the price for finding that bug, lol.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I refused that badge back in the old game. The reactions of my badge-hunting SG-mates was priceless when they found out.🤣

The game being fixed was always its own reward.

Edited by Myrmidon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

On 11/9/2019 at 10:44 AM, Myrmidon said:

I refused that badge back in the old game. The reactions of my badge-hunting SG-mates was priceless when they found out.🤣

The game being fixed was always it’s own reward.

Refused a badge?

You are DEAD to me!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!