Account Wide Bank

Sidious

Much like the current Salvage bank, make it account wide and able to hold merits, influence, salvage, recipes.

the stuff everyone ALREADY trades among their accounts.

It'll just make it better than logging into each and every character or sending things to one mule toon.

It's something that I would use but I don't think it's a good idea.

Major issue would be that unless it functions like the Vault Reserve (for the items you mentioned) you'd still need to remember to put things into it. And if it just conflated all your existing storage (for things that can be traded) then people would just massively inflate their storage areas by adding many mules. Equally if you place a hard limit on how much space you have in total there will always be people who need more.

What I would suggest instead is to make a shared account wallet that only stores "currency" items. Make the various items that are currently salvage (Boosters, Catalysts, Enhancers) or Merits into currency items. Then improve the email system so you can send stacks and/or multiple items. Including everything that can be traded or sent to your own global plus Incarnate Salvage. And while they're at it increase the amount of Inf an account can hold a lot more than 2 billion (not sure why there is that limit, seems a rather arbitrary figure).

Then you don't have to have an arbitrary limit to how much you can store per account. People won't need to spam mule accounts to improve their overall storage, but you can still have characters that have their own storage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Seems to me CoH already has a system in place to suit our needs - but for whatever reason, the original devs didn't want us to  have it. The server can track each of my characters pieces of salvage, and badges, and influence, merits, etc. 

And, when we put stuff in the vault (which is the same as our "Vault Reserve" that we can all access at any time, it demonstrates the ability for clicking on a certain field to access various stored items. 

So why not simply turn the vault into an account based savings account? Instead of placing artificial bids on items (like, say, placing 1000 bids for 5 million inf hero packs as an example, or something that just doesn't exist in game but is in the AH for some reason), why not just stash it there? Any character on the same account can access...and to go one step further, if you have two accounts, you could make them joint accounts - but that may be asking too much. 

2 hours ago, EmmySky said:

How do you store inf in the sg base? 

You don't, you e-mail inf and merits.
If you want to store large sums in one place, create a character called "Banker001".  Then e-mail yourself Inf, merits, etc.
Use the SG base to hold IOs, Inspies, salvage, etc.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Not sure I understand the resistance to this idea, considering this is standard in any modern MMO.   I'd love to be able to store recipes and enhancements for any future characters I'd like to make.

It could also be a great influence sink if you had to buy additional slots to store more items, perhaps having the cost ramp up as you buy more slots.