Empty auctionhouse

While some posts did go too far "you're doing it wrong," comes to mind. That being said, the hostile responses of the OP have been over the top as well. It is important to be civil, even when dealing with an ideal that may not be the most thought out.  I would like to see more posts from the OP, as this board is a place for community, and if someone wants to put together proposals and try to help with the discourse, the more the merrier.

The market on the server I use, it is cheaper to buy an attuned enhancement than to buy a recipe, salvage, crafting cost, and catalyst... so I don't buy recipes. I've also noticed that the rate of sale for recipes is quite slow, which implies the prices which recipes are posted tend to be overpriced, moving people to crafting their IOs in order to move them faster. Not sure, but that seems to be the trend. There are many paths to your goal, if one isn't working, try another. I do not think that seeding the market is a good alternative as it will either lead to inflation (more wealth added to the economy, meaning higher prices, making new players highly disadvantaged), or it will lead to overpriced seeded recipes sitting in the market and taking up digital space without actually solving the problem.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

How about this. OP send me a pm and we'll set up a time. I'll transfer a character to whatever server you want and we'll go to the market. I'll sit there on a team with you and you can look for whatever you're wanting on the AH. When you come across something you can't find you tell me and I'll get it for you and tell you exactly what i did to get it. We can repeat this process until you're satisfied you can get the stuff on your own.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 11/23/2019 at 10:39 PM, TheLastEmirate said:

Well, I was cautioned against posting here, I suppose I've learned my lesson.  As you've all demonstrated, it doesn't matter what's proposed or expressed here, it's all automatically 'the enemy' because I'm not a constant poster.  So far lost in your own nonsense that one of you actually posted 'some people just want to bitch', demonstrating exactly what I was told you would do, and who you were.  Holy crap.  Not one actual moment of consideration, not one actual acknowledgement, just post after post of elitist vitriolic garbage.  It isn't even that I posted an issue you didn't 'agree' with, it's the sheer volume of poisonous trash that you responded with.  It would have taken almost no effort to consider the post, almost no effort to analyze, and there wasn't any of that.  Consider me schooled.  

As the one who posted "some people just want to bitch," I'm sorry to have triggered you into some sort of episode.  That can't be fun or pleasant.  I wasn't referring to you, or even the person I was replying to, but that's ok.  

I hope you're all right.

Who run Bartertown?

11 hours ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

How about this. OP send me a pm and we'll set up a time. I'll transfer a character to whatever server you want and we'll go to the market. I'll sit there on a team with you and you can look for whatever you're wanting on the AH. When you come across something you can't find you tell me and I'll get it for you and tell you exactly what i did to get it. We can repeat this process until you're satisfied you can get the stuff on your own.

If this person is the person I think it is, they arent joking and I would bet money this is a bonifide offer of help.  Either this person, or someone with a suspiciously similar name, helped me out and asked for nothing in return.  

If you are having problems finding what you feel you need, its a good idea to listen to people who may have had the same issue and found it a display bug or it was a wrong vendor problem.  Rather than assuming everyone is just saying 'you are doing it wrong' take some private help to see if you are indeed doing it wrong or if something deeper is going on that should be reported as a bug or, yes, as a suggestion.

When I read the original post I assumed the poster was looking for recipes specifically because they wanted to craft them...for badges or role play or whatever.  If ALL the recipes are available at the merit vendor there should never be a reason someone can't find the recipe they need.  

To original poster:  I hope you figure out how to find the stuff you need or maybe make it clearer why the AH should be seeded with recipes when they can be obtained at the merit vendor.  

Good luck!

On 11/23/2019 at 10:39 PM, TheLastEmirate said:

word vomit

I know you're not going to respond to this but I'm honestly wondering if you were reading the same thread everyone else was, or if you were in some weird upside-down one because none of what you said in that doozy of a post was what actually happened here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube