Review of class balance

DrRocket

11 hours ago, Vanden said:

That might be okay now, but it would've left villainside without any ranged-focused ATs for years.

Some Assault sets for Corruptors and Sents might make a good addition now. 

Might need some creative naming due to overlap / etc. 

14 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Blasters need their defense/mezz challenges 

Otherwise they definitely would be OP.  

It might take some time playing a built up incarnate blaster to realize how good a place they are in right now. 

Agreed. I, for one, do not want to see the level of nerf that the OP’s suggestion would bring to make this happen.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

4 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

Agreed. I, for one, do not want to see the level of nerf that the OP’s suggestion would bring to make this happen.

What most of these suggestions miss is, Blasters have defence, blasters have supreme defence, it's called killing the enemy before they get to attack you...

• Like 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

On 11/22/2019 at 3:20 AM, DougGraves said:

The game was designed with single target damage, aoe damage, defense/resistance, control, and buff/debuff and you get 2.  But they also somehow thought players would have far fewer powers than they have.  Partly this changed with fitness becoming inherent, but also people play at high levels and not low levels.

There are four events/trends that increased the number of available powers:

1. Raising the level cap from 40-50
  2. Making inherent Fitness
  3. Incarnate abilities
  4. Increasing number of available temporary powers

That being said, I don't see a need to make the classes more similar to eachother. Altering mez protections, in particular, would have a negative effect on PVP content for control-oriented toons and that would be a deal-breaker for some people.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Lots of stuff has already been hashed out, but I just want to point out two glaring errors:

On 11/21/2019 at 9:50 AM, DrRocket said:

For myself the main reason I stirred away from the Blaster was the total helplessnes to status effects (not a fan that I have to have a tray full of break free inspirations in order to play, when this is not a consideration to many other classes).

A Blaster's T1 and T2 Primary powers and T1 Secondary power can be used while mezzed. I, personally, always have two attacks that can be used when mezzed (I will take both T1 and T2 from the Primary if the T1 Secondary doesn't do damage. Sometimes I take all three). Combat Jumping prevents Immobilizes and either Acrobatics, Hover, or KB protection IOs prevent Knockback. If anything Sleeps, Stuns or Holds me, I just keep low-level blasting until it wears off.

You would think that a controller/dominator would know all the ins and outs of status effects and thus should be the hardest to be affected by them, and yet they are just as helpless as the Blaster and Defender class types.

While under the effects of Domintation, Dominators are practically immune to control effects. They were even changed at some point so that Domination can be activated while under the effects of control. It's rare that Dominators need a Break Free or Incarnate ability to free themselves from mez.

• Like 1

I think the idea was

Those who had the most reach had limited durability and mez protection.

While melee has limited range, AOEs, controls, buff/debuffs. 

I'm not sure why it would be different than that.

If you don't want to deal with mezzes at all,  Play a Melee AT.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Haijinx said:

I think the idea was

Those who had the most reach had limited durability and mez protection.

While melee has limited range, AOEs, controls, buff/debuffs. 

I'm not sure why it would be different than that.

If you don't want to deal with mezzes at all,  Play a Melee AT.  

Honestly, I have less "dealing with mezzes" on my blasters than on any of my other toons, I will admit that my playstyle is heavily slanted towards blasters not being hit by anything though 😄

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!