Puzzled by "Land Locked" badge

RikOz

I was exploring Echo: Galaxy City yesterday, picking up badges, when I read the text of the "Land Locked" badge:

"This lock holds back the waters of Eastgate Bay, and has been the target of many super criminals bent on flooding Galaxy City."

This was extremely odd, because Eastgate Bay is way over on the other side of The Hollows. You know, three zones away from Galaxy City. According to the full city map, Perez Park is on the other side of that lock. Then Atlas Park, and finally The Hollows (aka "Eastgate"). Eastgate Bay is a few miles away from Galaxy City.

Can somebody explain this?

1 hour ago, TraumaTrain said:

Having gotten tired of repeated, villainous attempts to flood Galaxy City, Statesman moved the bay.

Sounds legit ... kind of like how the Atlantic Ocean is northeast of Rhode Island ...

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On 11/24/2019 at 6:29 PM, RikOz said:

I was exploring Echo: Galaxy City yesterday, picking up badges, when I read the text of the "Land Locked" badge:

"This lock holds back the waters of Eastgate Bay, and has been the target of many super criminals bent on flooding Galaxy City."

This was extremely odd, because Eastgate Bay is way over on the other side of The Hollows. You know, three zones away from Galaxy City. According to the full city map, Perez Park is on the other side of that lock. Then Atlas Park, and finally The Hollows (aka "Eastgate"). Eastgate Bay is a few miles away from Galaxy City.

Can somebody explain this?

Several hundred million tons of water would cover a few miles quite easily, quickly and as destructively as a high yield nuclear warhead (or ten).  Even with the War Walls in place, Galaxy City would likely be scoured off the face of the planet if the dam were ruptured.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.