New MM Primaries? What are your Ideas?

Drewbae

I am not so good at the mechanics of this stuff......but i am GREAT at suggesting basic ideas

Praetorian Police Squad

The Thin line between order and Chaos, the few, the proud of the Praetorian Police department are here to serve and you have the honor of leading a small number of them. FOR PRAETORIA!

T1 - Force Gauntlet (Bolt): a single charged shot fired from your force gauntlet - its not enough to put a rebel down but it may keep them off you long enough for backup to arrive (Basic blast, maybe a KB)

T2 - Summon Trooper: Activate an emergency beacon to call in 1-to-3 PPD Troopers, they have your back. (i dont know if there could be a third like Pyro or not, maybe trooper 3 is a surpressor with a couple of force cage like stuns ?)

T3 - Force Gauntlet (Burst): rapid fire tripple shot from your Force Gauntlets (Energy blast so possibly a stagger or KB chance?)

T4 - Threat Escalation Protocols: Authorizes your squad to escalate to more agressive methods, its really too bad the hostiles didnt surrender when they had a chance (standard upgrade, probably just adds attacks and such)

T5 - Force Gauntlet (Cage): some times the best way to handle a threat is to lock it down while you focus on more pressing matters. (works as a Stun or Hold)

T6 - Summon Justicar(s): when the going gets tough Justicar's can be called in to provide heavier backup, Useful for strike breaking or door breaching (Summons two Justicars)

T7 - Flash and Clear: Some times the enemy comes in overwhelming numbers, thankfully you are equipped for that - employing your force Gauntlet on overload to create a bright flash and concussion to stun enemies in an area around to allow you and your squad to work.

T8 - Summon Sargent: this officer is the one that's really in charge of the squad, or so the old wisdom goes, Sergent's come equipped with the best equipment among the unit includeing a few extra tricks that may not technically be regulation. (equivalent of a commando obviously)

T9 - Extreme Measures: some times the odds are against you and there's dangerous work to do, thats when you authorize extreme measures, going weapons free with lethal options (including possibly force grenades and other fun toys)

Malta Cell

Here come the Men (and Woman) in Black, with the roar of a black helicopter or the thump of a black SUV's doors these operatives are here to work for you. Remember what you see you did not see when working with Malta.

T1 - Burst:  Short. controled. Bursts! not those wild trigger pulls some folks prefer

T2 - Summon TacOps: Call in a black helicopter or SUV loaded with the offensive side of your cell (calls in 1-to-3 Malta TacOps)

T3 - Marksman Shot: a single well aimed shot is usually all thats needed to bring down a normal foe, let's hope this one at least hurts the meta (a single damageing shot, give it the sniper annimations but it doesnt have to BE a sniper shot)

T4 - Go Loud:  The time for subtlety is at an end, it's go loud or go home (basic upgrade)

T5 - Shock Net: For when you dont wish to kill the Meta or their supporter but bring htem in for questioning you can deploy your launcher to do so (limited stun or similar, maybe with the electrical control cage effect for the duration)

T6 - Summon Operations Unit: Heavy support can be had in the form of the Operations unit, consisting of the often seen Operations Engineer....and the rarely seen Operations Gunner. (Ops engineer maybe with out the turret but with a shotgun and some Debuff ability, give the gunner a big backpack and a heavy minigun )

T7 - Sapper Grenade: What do Meta's hate the most ? thats right a sapper gun.....yours may not actually be a full sapper gun but you have an experimental underslung sapper module to introduce them to the concept. (an AOE sapper attack - give this to actual malta too it will be hilarious!))

Alternate T7- Suppressing Fire: Hose down an area with bullets to keep the enemies heads down (Minimal damage but holds or stuns or fears enemies in the targeted area.)

T8 - Summon Gunslinger: He's got spurrs that jingle jangle jingle and he's here to kick Metahuman behind at your command

T9 - Thermopylae Protocol:  Thanks to advances in technology you can remotely activate the nanite enhancements in your cells equipment, now it's an even playing field. (i am not sure what all this would do upgrade wise though i'd love to see the OPs Gunners heavy machine gun turn into a Railgun and the Gunslinger get laser pistols or somthing)

The following is a VERY Wild Pie in the Sky flying pig suggestion, the former two are more likely to actually be possible

PPD Hard Shell Team

When it gets too hot for SWAT you and your team get the call, equipped with heavy suits of power armor and advanced weaponry the Hardshells are the PPD's response to the growing threat of groups like Malta (never heard of them.......)

T1 - Mini Gun Burst:  Line up a burst with your suits arm mounted minigun, it's not subtle but hey maybe you've got rubber in the belt

T2 - Summon Shell: with a Kerchunk and a crash the officers in these suits stomp through the door or fall from the Osprey above, usually all that stands between civilians and a rampageing super troll or worse. (Minigun based, maybe with energy punch as a backup

T3 - Heavy Burst: if a lot of bullets dont work maybe all the bullets will, thats why you've got the exo-suit right ? to haul all that ammo ?

T4 - Party Favours:  Upgrades to the Hardshell suits arent cheap but hey the city is worth protecting (basic upgrade)

T5 - Thumper: while not approved for use by most of your team, City hall HAS allowed team leaders to use this shoulder mounted mini-missile launcher in extreme situations

T6 - Summon Hard Shells: some times bullets arent enough, thankfully the Hardshells are armed with lasers instead of miniguns, hey buddy the future is here.

T7 - Swarm Load: The Thumper can be set to fire rapid fire into an area, you've currently got it loaded with gas rounds as a way to surpress large groups so your team can wade in. (AOE Stun or hold)

Alternate T7- Repair Drones: Most people think of these little guys as slightly scary annoyances but to an officer in a damaged shell these modified drones can be a life saver (basically an AOE heal over time but each person in the area gets a PPD Drone 'linked' to them for the duration)

T8 - Summon Enforcer: Please put down your weapon, you have 30 seconds to comply.......yea you didn't think you'd WANT that bot watching your back but here you are calling in an Enforcer

T9 - Worst Case:  you dont have the option of calling for a hero when the situation gets too tough, instead you can authorize your team to deploy extra hardware

i may have had these ideas for a while, i wonder if the hardshell should have a second inherent 'armor up' and when it ISNT active then their abilities (Except sprint and travel one hopes) are surpressed and they are free to run around in their normal costumes.....actually did i just accidentally make a PPD themed HEAT ?

• Like 1

An idea I posted elsewhere was to have "neutral" golems for the different henchmen, then your upgrade powers imbued them with a certain element, giving them different stats and abilities.  It'd be CRAZY time consuming to code though, I imagine.

Honestly, just letting folks reskin MM sets would open up a ton of concepts.  Mercenaries into Longbow agents, or Ninjas into Wyvern, for example.  Maybe Robots into Vanguard?

It's probably been mentioned, but the Mercy Island Snakes would make for a cool set.  And when are we going to get to be a snake too, with an option in the costume editor for "no legs, snake"?  Only half-kidding here, think how cool "City Of Snakes" could be!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I have a new idea for mastermind.
There's mastermind zombies, ok there's the powers of darkness to go with it, but it might be even cooler if there was a voodoo power set.

It could go something like this: 
Either a power set mixing zombies and loa (spirit of death, spirit of desire, spirit of pain and spirit of sorrow) from Banished Pantheon.

Alternatively, create a complete line of power composed of Loas only, either just masks or "puppets".

Last solution (my favorite), create a new line of attack composed only of Loas and powers with a real mystical look thrown from a stick, or using voodoo dolls, and powder (explosive or not) thrown or spit on the enemy (as in the "poison" power set).

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by Blyzzard

If a new MM pet set would be considered, personally I would like it to be something not currently covered to open up more lore/rp/affilication choices.

Currently we have - 

Animals, Undead, Robots, Demons, Thugs, Mercinaries, and Ninjas.

I just think we might get more long term milage out of pets types that arent currently covered such as -

Plants, Reptiles, Dinosaurs, Midevil Knights/Squires, Elementals, Angels, Aliens, Drones, Cultists, Spirits, Mythical Creatures, Clones/Copies, Pirates, Mutants, any of these could be fun and fantastic new additions that would also open up new sorts of characters.

21 hours ago, Neiska said:

If a new MM pet set would be considered, personally I would like it to be something not currently covered to open up more lore/rp/affilication choices.

Currently we have - 

Animals, Undead, Robots, Demons, Thugs, Mercinaries, and Ninjas.

I just think we might get more long term milage out of pets types that arent currently covered such as -

Plants, Reptiles, Dinosaurs, Midevil Knights/Squires, Elementals, Angels, Aliens, Drones, Cultists, Spirits, Mythical Creatures, Clones/Copies, Pirates, Mutants, any of these could be fun and fantastic new additions that would also open up new sorts of characters.

If they can extend the PA abilities to MM's to 'change' the look of their pets, i think quite a few of that list can be easy covered, even with existing powers. True, some might be weird (like angels shooting fire), but it would open up more diversity then just adding new sets (as quite a few just dont like the looks of some, robots can be even starwars themed :P).