New MM Primaries? What are your Ideas?

Drewbae

Hey Guys,

Love thinking of new themes and stories for my different chars. For example got a thugs/cold mm who is basically an ice mutant who formed a gang (kind of works because of bruiser is supposed to be a power as well and offsets the fire pyro).

I was thinking of other primaries that would be cool. I love the demon summons but hate the sprites (so ugly). Made me think it would be so cool to be able to have a "Supervillain Leader" primary with all your henchmen being weaker versions of other archetypes. Would probably be easy too since there are already superpowered criminals to fight and just need to swap out sprites (is this even possible?! would love it).  Skillsets for summon:

Basic - three elemental blasters (fire, ice, lightning)

Second - two controllers - maybe one's a buffer/healer and other is like a mental debuffer

Final - Tank, kind of a smaller version of bruiser

A little similar to thug set up since they're my fav but was curious to see what others have brewing in their head?

Atlanteans, aliens, superheroes/villains. Some type of pets that fly naturally on their own like angels, giant insects or avian pets. 

Clowns. I still want that. Summon and a small car pulls up with a stream of clowns tumbling out of all doors/trunk.

Wrestlers. When summoned, they come running with tables, ladders and chairs.

I also want an upgrade to Robotics. Swap their T7, Repair power with "Assemble." They merge into one massive bot. Also an upgrade to Beasts where they shoot bees out of their mouths when they howl.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

I planned on MM sets that were only based on EXISTING models, because creating new mobs may be too difficult for the current team. To this goal, I planned on the following:

1: Gang Leader. Similar to Thugs, but different versions for the different gangs of CoX: Hellions, Skulls, Trolls, Snakes, Goldbrickers, etc.

2: Mad Scientist: There is a cute low-level story arc redside where a scientist tries to figure out how to make the Contaminated a useful henchman force. Well, what if someone succeeded in doing it?

3: Magician. Use the Animated Spells from Night Ward.

4: Energy Master. There are a LOT of "Ball" npcs and effects, such as the Wisps in Croatoa, the little wisp buff pets, Singularity, Voltaic Sentinel, and so on. This would be a place where new "animations" would be easy, since the team could just use any ball NPC and give it an effect like a firey aura, to make it look unique.

• Like 2

Alternately, maybe the exact same sets, but some alternate "skins"?

Like... Ninjas you could have traditional Genin / Jounin / Oni,  OR,   some Knives of Artemis?  Still melee + ranged assassins, but different look and feel to the set.

Thugs you could have standard Punk / Enforcers / Bruiser,   OR,    some Family for a differnent flavor of Gang and Gang War?

Robots, maybe an alternate set of Council Hoverbots / MechMen / Warcry?

gotta be something we could come up with from the list of existing enemies who already have all necessary artwork that would kind of fit the existing themes.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

Atlanteans, aliens, superheroes/villains. Some type of pets that fly naturally on their own like angels, giant insects or avian pets. 

Clowns. I still want that. Summon and a small car pulls up with a stream of clowns tumbling out of all doors/trunk.

Wrestlers. When summoned, they come running with tables, ladders and chairs.

I also want an upgrade to Robotics. Swap their T7, Repair power with "Assemble." They merge into one massive bot. Also an upgrade to Beasts where they shoot bees out of their mouths when they howl.

Wrestlers.  T3 pet, would absolutely HAVE TO be reminscient of Andre the Giant.

• Like 1

I’d rock a medieval/fantasy set.

T1 might be men-at-arms with swords and shields, with the third henchman being a very healing focused cleric like a Luddite Friar with a mace and shield. Healing worth enhancing, that is.

T2 could be archers with strong damage and either one type of debuff or a CC that’d also be worth enhancing.

T3 could be a sort of “battle mage” with a list of area effect damage spells, er powers, like fireball, ball lightning, maybe fire rain or imps or animate something whatever that’s magicky looking, and some resistance buffs OR ToHit debuffs to contribute to henchmen survivability.

Edited by Shazbotacus
  • Like 5

On 11/30/2019 at 8:29 AM, Coyote said:

1: Gang Leader. Similar to Thugs, but different versions for the different gangs of CoX: Hellions, Skulls, Trolls, Snakes, Goldbrickers, etc.

Personally I think this would be one of the coolest, simplest options to diversify Masterminds. The assets for the characters are already in existence, just move them over into the MM AI. What I think would be a pretty cool way to give choice, but also give a lore-connective aspect that doesn't create an over-powered or under-powered solution would be to have 2-3 groups available at specific level ranges granted by an auto-power that only can be selected when the player is in that specific level that causes them to summon minions based on the selected toggle. So like levels 1-15 would be Outcasts, Skulls, Vhazilok. Then 16-25 Clockwork, Family, Tsoo. 26-35 Crey, Freakshow, Council. 36-50 Banished Pantheon, Nemesis, Circle of Thorns, Malta.

• Like 2

If I could only get 1 set made, it would be one that makes you the leader of your own superteam:

T1 pets would be "new recruits" - a hodge-podge of melee or ranged attackers, (think scrappers and blasters).

T2s would be more experienced metahumans - maybe a tanker and defender-like character.

T3 would be a seasoned veteran character - possibly a controller-type.

Edited by biostem
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, biostem said:

If I could only get 1 set made, it would be one that makes you the leader of your own superteam:

T1 pets would be "new recruits" - a hodge-podge of melee or ranged attackers, (think scrappers and blasters).

T2s would be more experienced metahumans - maybe a tanker and defender-like character.

T3 would be a seasoned veteran character - possibly a controller-type.

Yes this would be my absolute favorite, just cuz the sprites would be cool to watch fight, I find most of these henchmen boring to look at. Upgrades could be fun too like, "Put On Your Mask" and "Superhero Uniform" or something. Love it.

• Like 3

Like all the ideas. Though I don't need to say Clowns would freak me out.

I would love to go in the opposite direction though.

Basically the System checks your build and notices your build only has 1 or 2 pets and adjust them accordingly along with your attack endurance and such.

EG you want to be a Archer with his wolf pet. 

So your current active build only has one pet. This pet is just as powerful as someone running around with 3 pets. 

The system see only one pet so the endurance on your attacks drops down to normal instead of being double endurance of similar attacks by other Archtypes. 

Maybe your hit point base increases.

Maybe more options for attack powers similar to Arachnos Widow or Soldier at a certain level you need to decide if you want to go semi petless or full pets. 

I would love to play my own undead type of knight swinging a sword with just the Tier 2 Grave Knights as my Pets.  

But instead of getting other pets I could get other attacks. 

Or give you an option almost to play range or melee. You can go all dark attacks or swap out dark attacks for some other weapon attack.  Just in this instance to make it easier the weapon don't matter as they are just for looks the attack is the same. EG Titan Weapons. 

Ninja would be bow and / or katana. 

Robots would be more gun attacks similar to beam rifle 

Edited by plainguy

14 hours ago, Drewbae said:

Yes this would be my absolute favorite, just cuz the sprites would be cool to watch fight, I find most of these henchmen boring to look at. Upgrades could be fun too like, "Put On Your Mask" and "Superhero Uniform" or something. Love it.

They could start in jeans and perhaps matching t-shirts, then get upgraded to matching uniforms, then finally uniforms + masks + themed gloves/boots/maybe capes.

• Like 1

Personally, I'd like to see several choices for Mastermind pet "skins".  Thugs seem to randomly change between preset skins on each summon.  I wish we could opt to select which skins we want in the Power Customization menu and those pets stick with those skins, and then add more skins.  That way you can select from ingame gangs and mobs, and maybe even have girl henchman if you pick Skulls.  Same with Robots possibly being replaced by Clockwork or different types of animals for Beasts.  

This I feel would not be as resource intensive as loading in MM minions with individually selectable costumes but the ability to pick between 5-6 preset skins.  

I've wanted Knights for a while.  (T1: Squires, with Broad Sword attacks, maybe Shield defense; T2: Archers, with some powers from Archery and Tactical Arrow; T3: Paladin / Dark Knight , with Titan Weapon + Willpower + Empathy powers, maybe a choice of skin - so you can choose Dark Knight or Paladin visuals, but the powers are the same either way)

• Like 1