Looking for a list of the quality hero-side contacts.

carroto

7 minutes ago, carroto said:

A quick search on paragonwiki for that term did not result in any info about a story arc.  I would add it if I could but I don't know what I'm looking

Provost Marchand, level 30 or so. But it takes place after Dark Astoria and the current Incarnate Trials. If you haven't done those yet, I'd leave him alone for now.

It's odd that the arc is available so early. I guess they're at a low level to pad mid-level content, and the 30s were a bit of a void. I suppose Penny Yin butchered the whole 'level-in-chronological-order' thing by aging all over the place.

Edited by Lines
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2019 at 9:57 AM, JasperStone said:

If you are new to Blue and have not done the Hollows,

Flux - Eventually you will face Frostfire. This mission used to be such a defining moment early on for people new to the game. With a full team at max difficult it could be a daunting task. Also two rooms of ice to play in.

From early days of the original game, I kept count of the number of Frostfire teamings I completed covering all my alts and repeats.  I stopped counting sometime after 450, but I'm reasonably sure I cleared 500 by quite a bit.  It was quite a challenge back then, and often just from the ever-changing PUG dynamic.  The ice was always fun.

• Like 1

If you are looking to run the Ernesto Hess & Katie Hannon TFs yourself instead of joining someone else's team, those TF need to be unlocked first.

The same deal with Karsis (Cavern of Transcendence Trial).

For Karsis, the last mission of Talshak the Mystic's storyarc "The Heart of the Hollows" unlocks Karsis.

For Ernesto Hess, the last mission of Lars Hansen's storyarc "A Madman's Council" unlocks Hess.

For Katie Hannon, completing Buck Salinger's storyarc "Crossing Over" unlocks Katie.

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2019 at 1:39 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

I tend to follow a system when I start a new alt:

1-2:  Outbreak.  Level to 2, sell enhancements to vendor, sell inspirations on AH, start marketing.  Turn on double xp.  Turn notoriety to as many as I think I can handle, usually +0/x3.

2-5/6:  Initial contact missions.  Two or three missions gets you to KR.

5/6-9/10:  Pick up radio, run three radio missions and bank job for travel power.

9/10-15:  Pick up Hollows contact, teleport there.  Run Hollows arc.  It is really easy to outlevel this, so manage your double xp.  Great merit bonus for finishing entire arc.

15-18:  Pick up Montegue contact, teleport to SC, run Midnighter arc until "Cure Lost".

18-24:  Pick up Jim Temblor, teleport to Faultline.  Run Faultline arcs.  Doc Delilah unlocks at 20, and grants Ouro portal at completion of her arc.  Finish up with Agent G.

From here, I tend to branch out.

I do a similar thing, but I get my ouro port at level 2 or 3 by visiting Echo:galaxy via base beacon. Need the reward merits to get converters to subsidize my character's purchase of ATOs at level 10. 

On 12/17/2019 at 1:45 PM, Eva Destruction said:

New Praetorians isn't bad, but I think it might be best saved until the 40s rather than running it when it's first offered.  The difficulty is higher than that of most arcs in the 30s.  Still not as bad as Mr G.

Tell me about it. I soloed the entire arc on a mid-30s fire/fire blaster. Extremely painful, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

Re:Frostfire

On 12/19/2019 at 8:27 PM, Techwright said:

It was quite a challenge back then, and often just from the ever-changing PUG dynamic.  The ice was always fun.

The ice was even more fun when it was invisible...  (Which it was for the longest time.)  Saw more teams wipe because they got scattered by skating/skidding on invisible ice than almost anything else of any level in the game.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)