Useful MM Macros for Newbs

Draeox

I will try to add more at a later date, but the 2 below I feel are an absolute must on the newbie MM tray.  The examples below give the same order to all pets, but you can create multiple

macros or binds which allow you to give each pet it's own set of orders.

Body Guard Mode (Pets will take a portion of your damage when you are attacked and will only attack enemies that attack you or the pets):

/macro BG petcom_all Follow Defensive

Attack Defensive (So pets dont run crazy into other mobs when fight is over):

/macro AD petcom_all Attack Defensive

To create your own visit https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Slash_Commands and look for the /pet commands

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tried making these for robots, but the power names seem like they have 2 words - like battle drones -

I think this jazzes up the command because the commands use a space as a parser.

You need to put them in quotes when they have a space "battle drones"

Ive made the file to command the demons. Everything works but the goto command. it keep[s saying no matching command name.

what does that mean?

numpad4 petcom_pow Demonlings Aggressive

numpad5 petcom_pow Demonlings Defensive

numpad6 petcom_pow Demonlings Passive

numpad7 petcom_pow Demonlings Attack

numpad8 petcom_pow Demonlings Follow

numpad9 petcom_pow Demonlings Goto

lctrl+decimal petcom_pow Demonlings Dismiss

Why yes I do know what a search feature is. However with the 1000 returns it is hard to dig through all that. So I ask in posts.

Ive made the file to command the demons. Everything works but the goto command. it keep[s saying no matching command name.

what does that mean?

mines in lowercase, try that maybe?

I'm following the guide here: http://guidescroll.com/2011/07/city-of-heroes-mastermind-numeric-keypad-pet-controls/

I've set up files for Robot MM, and i get an error when i attempt do the command  /bindloadfile c:covbindsRobot.txt

I tried putting my files in a folder, putting them in the root of C, and it still keeps saying "unable to read in keybindfile c:Robots.txt"

I might have things screwed up cause i have CoH installed on a drive with the letter B:

I'll try moving it to C: drive and try again

Anything i should try?

what does that mean?

mines in lowercase, try that maybe?

The full name of the power is Summon Demonlings - you're missing the 'Summon' part. Put that in there and it should work, otherwise it won't register. The same goes for the rest of the Demon Summoning powers, or any others where the name of the power is two words.

I'm following the guide here: http://guidescroll.com/2011/07/city-of-heroes-mastermind-numeric-keypad-pet-controls/

I've set up files for Robot MM, and i get an error when i attempt do the command  /bindloadfile c:covbindsRobot.txt

I tried putting my files in a folder, putting them in the root of C, and it still keeps saying "unable to read in keybindfile c:Robots.txt"

I might have things screwed up cause i have CoH installed on a drive with the letter B:

I'll try moving it to C: drive and try again

Anything i should try?

It should work as long as you're directing it to the right location on the right drive. Don't forget the slashes, either. As an example, it might look something like this - numpad1 bindloadfile "C:\Users\namehere\Games\coh\Custom Binds\battledrones.txt" - quotes included. If yours in on B, direct it to the right location on B instead.

This is the guide I personally used to set up my Robotics and Demon Summoning Masterminds - https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Mastermind_Numpad_Pet_Controls

• 5 months later
On 5/16/2019 at 7:06 PM, Malicesin said:

Was anyone able to setup the numpad via the ingame chat commands?  I keep getting errors when putting in the commands like Unknown command: "bind

Remove the quotes from the macro and it'll work. Ran into the same problem in another thread. Idk why this specific macro doesn't allow quotes, but that error you're getting is because it thinks that youre trying to type like /"bind

On 4/27/2019 at 7:18 AM, daoc2k said:

tried making these for robots, but the power names seem like they have 2 words - like battle drones -

I think this jazzes up the command because the commands use a space as a parser.

Use the first six letters of the power name only and it'll work fine. Same with pet names. 

3 hours ago, JoeMage said:

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I want to create a button in my power tray that, when clicked, will dismiss all the pets at once. Can someone help me with that?

There are 2 ways.

/macro BYE petcomall dismiss

/macro REL releasepets

• Like 3

I use variations of these for summoning my pets without having to click a location.  This plops them out 15 feet in front of me.

/macro T1 powexec_location me:15 Summon Demonlings

/macro T2 powexec_location me:15 Summon Demons

/macro T3 powexec_location me:15 Summon Demon Prince

You just change the "Summon Demonlings"  to what ever tier ACTUAL spell name is for the pet.  for example Mercs t1

/macro T1 powexec_location me:15 Soldiers

For rerouting my pets to a particuliar location to make it easy.

/bind SHIFT+LBUTTON petcom_all goto 

(the guides i've read say don't use CTRL+LButton as the game uses that for something already)

Not pet specific but it turns on the enemy overhead names and shows their health bars.

/optionset ShowVillainName 1
/optionset ShowVillainBars 1

Edited by SmalltalkJava
  • Like 4

I've been trying to make a macro that targets the pet and then cast the pet upgrade.

I thought it would just as easy as passing the pet name to target and then the power to cast on the target but nothing worked..

I gave up and just made another macro to target the pet and continued on with the keypad options to control pets. 

14 hours ago, SmalltalkJava said:

There are 2 ways.

/macro BYE petcomall dismiss

/macro REL releasepets

I recommend you use dismiss most of the to not leave henchmen bodies behind.  It's a cleaner command. 

However, when doing missions and your pets decide to start violating the rules of nature by going through walls or just no cooperating (elevators....), or if you simply want to dismiss them right at the start of a mission and they are doing their weird door routine where they go in and out several times, use release pets.  This will kill them dead 100% of the time and let you start over, while dismiss will simply _ask_ them to kindly leave.  If they are busy doing other things, like phasing through material or being stupid with doors, they may not leave.  It may look like they are go because their names will be removed from the pet window, but they will still be alive and prevent you from re-summoning them.