Mad King/ Devices, Mad Bomber?

Menelruin

How fast is fast going to be.. Trip Mine every  7 seconds maybe. 

You can do tons more in 7 seconds. 

did a quick build with just recharge.  best  I could get was in the 7 second range. I didn't build for forcefeedback proc. 

• Like 1

First I will say that just putting the FF+Rech proc in Trip Mine is basically an on-tap +100% boost if you want to just super-charge yourself. It takes as long as the buff lasts to set the mine, which is hilarious (to me). Given that, I've managed to stack... what I think was 40+* Trip Mines in this fashion before the first one started to dissolve. It's a cool effect and a lot of BOOM in one shot, but isn't honestly that valuable an effect unless you're solo and want to waste two full minutes doing it.

*I'd have to go back and look at the notes I posted for it in the Defender Proc thread on Traps.

Given that, just the fact that, during your down time, you can just stack a few of them really quick to give yourself that +100% kicker is pretty nice, even if the mine isn't used for anything beyond that.

Also, Time Bomb is unfortunately kinda garbage (at least my exposure on Traps it was, and I'm not aware of there being any significant improvements to it for Blasters). Past that there's only really five need-to-have powers in Devices, so that opens up a couple of choices elsewhere, like maybe dipping into Presence to get Unrelenting, or Sorcery to get the Mez protection.

Edit:

But I can't read that title without thinking of this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkzptjhCkbs

Actually, yeah, that about sums up a Mad King build in action 🤣

Edited by Sir Myshkin
  • Thanks 1

So far as I know, time bomb is still pretty awful, with its sole benefit being that you can plant it, and then walk *around a corner* so that aggroed mobs can't target you. But they can charge towards you. Through trip mines. But I have in general been happy with toe-bombing as a viable strategy for a /dev blaster now that trip mines are uninterruptible. 2.77s cast time is sort of long, but the damage+knockback works nicely.

Trip mines also give you that +18% damage buff, briefly, which isn't awful.

Does the FF +recharge proc actually fire very often in trip mines? I expected it not to, because the mines do AoE damage, but the power isn't AoE or anything.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, seebs said:

So far as I know, time bomb is still pretty awful, with its sole benefit being that you can plant it, and then walk *around a corner* so that aggroed mobs can't target you. But they can charge towards you. Through trip mines. But I have in general been happy with toe-bombing as a viable strategy for a /dev blaster now that trip mines are uninterruptible. 2.77s cast time is sort of long, but the damage+knockback works nicely.

Trip mines also give you that +18% damage buff, briefly, which isn't awful.

Does the FF +recharge proc actually fire very often in trip mines? I expected it not to, because the mines do AoE damage, but the power isn't AoE or anything.

The power itself is activating the drop of a pet item on the ground, which then is itself the AoE when it is set off. So while the ability itself will be set to take certain enhancements, since it doesn't target and is just dropping a patch effect, any proc that is placed in Trip Mine will only take effect on that initial drop (this is most likely why damage procs and the like don't work in the mine) that effect you (the player). It's not a 100% chance every single time you use the ability (cap is 90% no matter what), but so long as you don't put any recharge enhancement in it, and rely entirely on global recharge to effect its cooldown, it'll have a pretty high chance of firing the FF+Rech.

• Thanks 1