Granite Armor Customization

Super Atom

[This is not a thread about Stone Armor being good or bad)

So Granite armor kind of got the short end of the stick for customization. All other armors can be changed to Lava/Crystal versions. We know from the CoxG server granite armor can be model swapped easily enough. So my suggestion is to let granite change to  crystal/lava versions.

For crystal we obviously have the crystal enemies from the same place granite is from. Lava could be something like the Magmite lord from the Minions of Igneous. photo below. thoughts?

https://paragonwiki.com/w/images//a/a5/Magmite1.jpg

• Like 2

Animations become a possible sticking point for model swaps. If I remember right, this is why we were told that you can't make a Claws/Stone Brute (although why you can do Spines and not Claws is beyond me; they said Eviscerate was the problem but Ripper uses the same one).

• Confused 1

Setting up Granite Armor customization is not so straightforward. The power customization system doesn't change that actual properties of the powers, only animations and FX colors, and the shapeshift into the Granite Armor model is part of the power's effects. They can change what model the power shapeshifts you into easily enough, but that would change Granite Armor for every player. Setting it up so the player can choose what model it uses requires groundwork that AFAIK isn't currently laid out, and would need to be implemented just for Granite Armor.

Edited by Vanden

10 hours ago, Vanden said:

Setting up Granite Armor customization is not so straightforward. The power customization system doesn't change that actual properties of the powers, only animations and FX colors, and the shapeshift into the Granite Armor model is part of the power's effects. They can change what model the power shapeshifts you into easily enough, but that would change Granite Armor for every player. Setting it up so the player can choose what model it uses requires groundwork that AFAIK isn't currently laid out, and would need to be implemented just for Granite Armor.

We're only talking about apperence, no power changes. The other server already did this with the crystal form. So I'm sure Hc could figure it out too. I can't imagine its too different from weapon models being swapped out or gun models, a system we already have had in place for years.

Edited by Super Atom
  • Like 1

• 10 months later
On 12/26/2019 at 3:28 PM, Menelruin said:

Agree with this topic wholeheartedly.  Even at least changing COLOR would be a massive improvement....

For color, I would be willing to have my armor take on the color I choose for aura. Or give the model it's own "skin" color and let us pick that in costume editor. 

• Like 1

I have yet to make a single Stone Armor character specifically because I want to see my shiny costumes that I spent so much work on, and just always seeing a slab of granite run around, no matter how impressive it looks, would bother me to be visibly indistinguishable from any other granite tank from that point onward.

Some day I may make a Stone Armor character that just doesn't take Granite armor at all. ONLY uses the lower level toggles, even at lvl 50.

But my heart just isn't in it sufficiently, not with my other backlog to chew through.