Kismet +6% Accuracy

Can we get the Kismet+6% accuracy IO's name corrected?  It isn't +accuracy, it's actually the FAR more useful +to hit instead so it should be named Kismet +6% To Hit.  Accuracy and To Hit are related but they are NOT the same thing at all.  It buffs To Hit, it does NOT buff accuracy except indirectly by raising the To Hit of a character that Accuracy then modifies.

The current name is inaccurate and it can be confusing for players.  IO's are confusing enough without having them miss labeled.

This is admittedly a minor thing but I've talked with lots of players who have no clue of the usefulness of this IO.  This is a good thing when buying it on the Auction House because it keeps the price lower but not a good thing in general.  It's been a bit of a pet peeve of mine ever since I discovered that the name lied about what it did.  Yes, this is strictly a name change of an IO, not in any way a buff or nerf.  I just want it called what it is.

*Edit

I somehow got the two IO's mixed up and originally wrote Karma instead of Kismet.

Edited by Call Me Awesome
Brain fart
  • Like 5

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

40 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

This seems pretty reasonable.  I don't think I knew that Karma actually granted To-Hit and not Accuracy.

You're not alone there, most players likely don't realize that.  I didn't learn it until maybe issue 20 or after even though I was deeply into IO builds and maximizing benefits.  Accuracy was so prevalent in set bonuses that I'd never seen the benefit of the Karma until I finally discovered it was To Hit instead... something MUCH harder to come by.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

13 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

I agree with the OP's suggestion.

Perhaps that was intentional to prove a point?

No, I plead Mea Culpa.  I was at my work machine and didn't have it in front of me... for some reason my mind insisted on confusing the two.  Dang, I'll correct the OP and hide under a rock feeling much shame...🥴

• Haha 3

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

No, I plead Mea Culpa.  I was at my work machine and didn't have it in front of me... for some reason my mind insisted on confusing the two.  Dang, I'll correct the OP and hide under a rock feeling much shame...🥴

That's when you play along as say it was all part of your master plan. 

On the labeling of stats: "Stun" or "Disorient" - pick one. That caused me plenty of confusion early on, when I would hover over a power to see what enhancements it could take, and then could not find an enhancement that did that thing, until I finally figured out the labeling inconsistency.

Likewise, "Slow" or "Snare".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2019 at 2:08 PM, Call Me Awesome said:

And yet, we all still knew what you meant.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward