Finish the last four incarnates with awesome uber powerz! (with some ideas)

sindyr

Maybe if/when they ever even move on to Ascended stuff...or fighting multiple Tyrant-level incarnated at once?  Or how about taking Praetoria BACK from its Hamidon?  And of course, there's always the Battalion, and/or Rularuu...

378dxg.jpg

Edited by Menelruin

The devs could easily add more difficulty to the missions.  Like Diablo's Torment level or something, just keeps increasing.  Increase the number of baddies, bosses, and levels.

And if you wanted to get really creative, increase the chances of Kryponite enemies.  Enemies who are powerful against specific Incarnate choices.  Say you picked Alpha "Agility", and a "Reflex Incarnate" enemy shows up, which possibly slows down Agility users, and does increased damage to them.  

/shrug just random thoughts.

Edited by Klaleara
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Klaleara said:

The devs could easily add more difficulty to the missions.  Like Diablo's Torment level or something, just keeps increasing.  Increase the number of baddies, bosses, and levels.

And if you wanted to get really creative, increase the chances of Kryponite enemies.  Enemies who are powerful against specific Incarnate choices.  Say you picked Alpha "Agility", and a "Reflex Incarnate" enemy shows up, which possibly slows down Agility users, and does increased damage to them.  

This especially works for the Battalion, an enemy species that has made a practice of assimilating the Wells from other species.

15 hours ago, Menelruin said:

This especially works for the Battalion, an enemy species that has made a practice of assimilating the Wells from other species.

Basically the Battalion, as described in after sunset AMAs was pretty much stupidly above even our maxed out Incarnate level with all of the Incarnate powers we had, its why we had to resort to essentially dumping a universe eating entity ontop of them in order to defeat them. The fact we would have wiped them out means other slightly less powerful, but still more than a match for our own current power levels, begin coming out of the wood work since the big dog is no longer around to stomp them down the moment they rear their heads.

To paraphrase Positron, we'd all be level 55-60ish when fully Incarnated with the currently planned set of abilities, the Battalion would be basically level 100.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2020 at 11:51 AM, Klaleara said:

Gotta love when people say the devs can do things "easily...."

If you are a programmer - please send them needed code that is so easy to implement....

If you're not a programmer...then how do you know it is so "easy" to do?

12 hours ago, Burnt Toast said:

Gotta love when people say the devs can do things "easily...."

If you are a programmer - please send them needed code that is so easy to implement....

This is true, but as Number Six said we should always be focusing on the quality and benefit of suggestions rather than the purported tensions of the code. We should be focusing on simply devising ideas, and leave the Homecoming team to decide if it is possible or not; not ruling things out midway.

On 1/12/2020 at 11:43 PM, monos1 said:

This is true, but as Number Six said we should always be focusing on the quality and benefit of suggestions rather than the purported tensions of the code. We should be focusing on simply devising ideas, and leave the Homecoming team to decide if it is possible or not; not ruling things out midway.

That's all fine and dandy.... just stop saying things can be done easily when in truth they cannot. I honestly have no issues with suggestions, but belittling the time and effort it would take is just hyperbolic. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 6:17 AM, DR_Mechano said:

Basically the Battalion, as described in after sunset AMAs was pretty much stupidly above even our maxed out Incarnate level with all of the Incarnate powers we had, its why we had to resort to essentially dumping a universe eating entity ontop of them in order to defeat them. The fact we would have wiped them out means other slightly less powerful, but still more than a match for our own current power levels, begin coming out of the wood work since the big dog is no longer around to stomp them down the moment they rear their heads.

To paraphrase Positron, we'd all be level 55-60ish when fully Incarnated with the currently planned set of abilities, the Battalion would be basically level 100.

It makes me angry on a visceral level that we never got to see this vision realized.

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

I don't have much issue with giving us the last 4 slots, but frankly I feel it is totally unneeded if we are not going to get content to go with it. And the thing is with this is that I am not sure that we can do that with the current "volunteer" Devs. Don't get me wrong, I think they are doing an amazing job of updating and keeping the servers up etc. But they are volunteers with day jobs that have to support themselves and a family, or whatever. It is kind of unfair to expect them to put in full time work on making what IMO needs to be almost an entire expansion amount of content for a game they don't even get paid to work on. 

But ultimately to take characters to any higher level of power then we have right now, especially some of the suggested things in this thread like 20 shoting a AV or GM would really to me mean we need to get like a "Going Rogue" size expansion only instead of being that much content dedicated to taking you to level 20, it is that much content dedicated to earning those last 4 slots and leveling them up. I would love it if this happened. I would really like to see COHV one day reach that goal of the Moon Base that was talked about, maybe using that as a branching out point into space content on other worlds. I just don't think at the moment it is fair to expect this level of development from these Devs.