Redside story update

Snarky

So continuing with my solo every story arc and side mission from every contact Redside. Does not include praetorian wards. Does include Blueside TFs and Badges. 

Rogue Tank Invul/Dark just complete 25-29 content

395 badges, 66 Souvenirs, 1077 reward merits. Saving those

There is good content in the 25-29 range. Nothing super grindy or oddball. Like the newer contacts. They fit in well with the originals

cranked exp on got 2x boost and found an AE farm. When i popped 34 i exited, tipped the farmer (nothing was requested up front, just being polite) and started Psimon Omega. 

i was looking forward to Midnight Grasp at 32. But thats because i ran Brutes for years. Ended up just throwing in maneuvers which is not even in my final build. Heavily I/Od already but i do tank on TFs and teams so being rock solid is important. Plus i just wander through a lot of missions ignoring all mobs and clicking glowies. No stealth required. 

50 seems so close and yet so far.  Got really distracted last couple weeks by alts. So many good options. 

Edited by Snarky

So what is your feeling on combat in story arcs (using the term generally)?  I find when I am doing red side contacts or story arcs, I want more of a dramatic style - only enough  combat as needed for the story.  Whereas when I am teaming I don't care about the story and just want lots of combat.

Is the combat in the stories just in the way for you?

I read every bit of dialogue in the story boxes and try to read the npc chat as well. Being immersed in Redside is what it is about after all

my character is a Zombie who woke up in a lab that was under attack. There were at least three major factions of combatants and he was laying in a hospital / experiment bed

unbeknownst to him ( because part of his brain was fried due to drug use, part to ‘dying’ and part to the revivification process ) he was a family member of some heroes with magical powers. Rather than do any study he tried to obtain power through Excelsior and Superdyne Supplements sold to him by someone at “Supergym” ( registered trademark. ) It had a odd effect on someone from a magic bloodline. One of the effects was zombification

the body was grabbed and right after he was jumpstarted by the lab techs is when all hell broke lose in the lab. He escaped through a random portal someone opened during the fight and ended up in the Shivan fight timestream  at Galaxy city. Afterwards he met Kalinda and Burke. What they told him has remained his factual basis ever since. On Burkes advice he went Rogue but continues to wear an Arachnos cape

i am probably digressing lol.  Snarkrot tanks everything. He is an invulnerable tank i/o’d to tank more than damage. I keep the slider at +0/x1 and he usually kills what he needs to and ignores everything else. He will walk through most stuff. Not run or fly because caves and most buildings make him grumpy   He will ignore 20 longbow attacking him. Then when he gets to the glowy he will either pop a purple and just grab it or use Duplicity and set the Longbow on each other

Snarkrot views himself as a mercenary. He is curious about the many crazy contacts he has worked for   Some irritate him but most amuse him. But he just wants to het the job done. He knows there is great power out there and he is exploring how to get and keep it. He is smart. Not doctor smart but pretty clever.

so yes very interested in the story. The combat?  To quote Hyperstrike “if you want to be a God run a tank”.   Snarkrot uses Dark Melee to destroy anything he needs to. Not much puts a dent in his health. The combat just immerses more into Snarkrot’s world of being an all powerful zombie tank merc who is making contacts and getting jobs done

Edited by Snarky

I'm working through redside story arcs too after doing most of the blueside ones, and it's interesting to see the difference . Redside arcs are better on average, but I haven't found anything I loved. Blueside suffers by having a mixture of really early grindy, repetitive missions but having to grind missions to open contacts or look for badges a bit tedious. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I'm gonna have to jump on some red-side content soon.  I think the only reason I haven't is because most of the folks who comprise my SG have stopped playing again, and I don't like to solo a lot.  Add to that the fact that there are so few folks playing Red side, the teaming opportunities are much less frequent.

What was no more, is REBORN!

I've started slow-mo levelling redside and I'd forgotten how different it was. Brokers for contacts can, I fear, suck a fart. I really don't enjoy that mechanic. 

Interestingly, the levelling is pretty much perfect. Two or three story arcs per level band and you're done! Time to move on. Admittedly, I'm only at level 14 so far, but there's nothing like the need to mess about with not out-levelling a zone. I do miss the zone story arcs, though. Mercy Island had a neat little one. 

The plan is to work my way up the "obvious" story arcs then go back in Ouroboros and do a second pass. 

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas