Any interest Warbringers and Peaceshades or other new Kheldians?

Garble

It's been noted that Epic ATs are the least made toons. But that statistic is misleading because the lack of alternative Primaries and Secondaries leaves little incentive to roll more than one of each AT. With alternate builds and plentiful respecs you don't even need to make more than one to try out different builds.

But what if Peacebringers and Warshades could access each other's sets?

Would Luminous Blast / Umbral Aura or Umbral Blast / Luminous Aura work?

What about Warshade powers with Cosmic Balance or a Peacebringer's with Dark Sustenance?

Hypothetically, if the goal were to create more options for Kehldians you could also recreate the existing sets with other damage types/secondary effects.

How about a Fire Peacebringer, or an Ice Warshade?

Would this be completely unworkable?

Well, the lore is that Warshades have a bit different abilities then normal kelds because they've been experimented upon. Which in turn altered some of their natural abilities. As such, a peacebringer (normal keld) with one of the Warshade power sets doesn't fit the lore. Neither does a Warshade with one of the Peacebringer sets. In fact, the very existence of nictus and by extension warshades is specifically due to experimentation on kelds (either by a rogue faction or outside party, not sure).

4 hours ago, Pixie_Knight said:

Well, the lore is that Warshades have a bit different abilities then normal kelds because they've been experimented upon. Which in turn altered some of their natural abilities. As such, a peacebringer (normal keld) with one of the Warshade power sets doesn't fit the lore. Neither does a Warshade with one of the Peacebringer sets. In fact, the very existence of nictus and by extension warshades is specifically due to experimentation on kelds (either by a rogue faction or outside party, not sure).

I mean if they are altered by science, a mix where one subject isn't altered as completely as another might make sense if you're concerned about lore. There are all sorts of possibilities really. Could be the child of a Pb and Ws. Could be a mutation. As long as it's fun for the player people can make whatever lore they want. The real questions would be about balance and dev time vs other things.

I could get on board with it from a concept perspective. I'm still internally debating the usefulness, but that's from a min/max perspective. Conceptually it's basically a yin yang with a light/dark or dark/light mix. I'd also like to see epic or patrons opened up. Not like they aren't around to Paragon to get training.

It would also need a change to inherent travel power. Maybe make that a power pick thing. You wouldn't want the shade TP and then end up with Luminous Aura with useless powers.

Now that I think about it, I could almost see a separate power pool for kheldians to pick that and remove the movement based powers from the secondaries.

I could definitely see some interesting builds coming out of mixing the two existing primary/secondaries for Khelds, depending on what form this option would ultimately take.
Inner Light and Dwarf Mire in the same build? Glowing touch to heal my own Essences? I will take both please.

2 hours ago, Doomrider said:

I could definitely see some interesting builds coming out of mixing the two existing primary/secondaries for Khelds, depending on what form this option would ultimately take.
Inner Light and Dwarf Mire in the same build? Glowing touch to heal my own Essences? I will take both please.

As it stands now I'd almost want the proton seekers, or at least for essences to blow up when they die since they are so suicidal lol.

You could actually do a decent DPS chain if you had Radiant Strike and Gravity well with D. Mire. I almost need to set up my own server so I can break things apart and try that 🙂

4 minutes ago, nicoliy said:

As it stands now I'd almost want the proton seekers, or at least for essences to blow up when they die since they are so suicidal lol.

You could actually do a decent DPS chain if you had Radiant Strike and Gravity well with D. Mire. I almost need to set up my own server so I can break things apart and try that 🙂

Gravity Well and Radiant are both on primaries though :😐 Radiant and D.Mire though both have great DPA though so they would still be good to pair in a chain. 

Edited by Doomrider

14 minutes ago, Doomrider said:

Gravity Well and Radiant are both on primaries though :😐 Radiant and D.Mire though both have great DPA though so they would still be good to pair in a chain. 

It's more of a complete mix and match option. Like if everything was open to pick as you'd like. Since this is all hypothetical why not go for broke.

• Haha 1

On 1/26/2020 at 1:51 PM, Pixie_Knight said:

Actually... the Nictus did it to themselves. You could call them a "rogue party," I suppose.

Wrote up a whole guide on it back on live. 🙂

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Interesting premise.  I don't know how it would actually work, it might lead to a superior character or it could end up limiting the character.  Still, offhand it doesn't sound like it would be gamebreaking in either direction, subject to a closer look.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

The reason they're picked least is do to the fact they don't shine until late game. They have tons of tools that all of need to be slotted. I always wanted to change cosmic balance and dark sustenance to also buff the team. This would make them more desirable on teams, thus leveling would be quicker.