Any /Ice Stalkers in here?

Sovera

I have an Ice/Bio and it works great. But, if anything I would just like to get some agro with the thing. I have heard that Chilling Embrace works well as a substitute agro aura. Any /Ice Stalkers care to pipe in?

I feel a bit naked without a proper heal (Hoarfrost is too long a CD to really count on) though in the high levels alternating that one and Icy Bastion should work well to keep the upright status going. In the lower levels it depends on how much Chilling Embrace mitigates.

I leveled an ice/ice into the 20s. One problem I found was that Chilling Embrace will block re-hide if any live mob is still effected.

I am not sure how Chilling Embrace works with the ATO hide proc. I didn't get that far. The proc might override Chilling Embrace or not. 

You might want to check that.

chilling should work the same as AAO and genetic corruption from shield and bio respectively. 

hide suppresses them. I havent had issue with either of those powers interacting with the hide proc so chilling should be the same. 

as for /ice itself if you can get past the fire and psi weaknesses it is a very good set. Immunity to slow/ -rech and unlimited endurance are valuable. I've only ever played it as a tank though so ymmv. 

• Like 1

I've played a lot of /ice, and I usually just don't have room for chilling embrace. It's a fine power, but the second least necessary in the set (I never take permafrost). That said, the times I did have it it didn't cause me any issues. In terms of heals, I use hoarfrost + icy bastion + hibernate, which is plenty if you've got good recharge and softcapped your defenses.

• 2 weeks later

I have played ice armor into the 40s now on my stalker. Mostly disappointed in EA not giving enough defense boost(compared to what I was used to on my ice tank), and Chilling Embrace only used in certain situations. Ill probably respec out of it. Probably be safer taking the tough and weave route. 

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

On 1/27/2020 at 6:03 PM, Microcosm said:

I've played a lot of /ice, and I usually just don't have room for chilling embrace. It's a fine power, but the second least necessary in the set (I never take permafrost). That said, the times I did have it it didn't cause me any issues. In terms of heals, I use hoarfrost + icy bastion + hibernate, which is plenty if you've got good recharge and softcapped your defenses.

Chilling Embrace is extremely valuable. Maybe less so on Stalkers since it can stop you from entering hide. The mitigation it provides is excellent. Permafrost is also great since you can slot the two unique +def IOs without neutering any other power and it also gives you slow resist. My builds are extremely tight sometimes, but I’ve never had to gimp a build to have both Chilling Embrace and Permafrost. Just a personal preference, especially taking Permafrost. But I would highly recommend finding some way to incorporate it.

Edited by cazden121

6 hours ago, cazden121 said:

Chilling Embrace is extremely valuable. Maybe less so on Stalkers since it can stop you from entering hide. The mitigation it provides is excellent. Permafrost is also great since you can slot the two unique +def IOs without neutering any other power and it also gives you slow resist. My builds are extremely tight sometimes, but I’ve never had to gimp a build to have both Chilling Embrace and Permafrost. Just a personal preference, especially taking Permafrost. But I would highly recommend finding some way to incorporate it.

I have to disagree on permafrost. You have capped resistance to slow through your other powers and the cold resist is also wasted. As a set mule it's fine i suppose just as any power is, but it has no practical value otherwise, at least on a stalker.

Edit: I take it back on the slow resistance, I was thinking of my builds which generally slot a travel power with Winter's gift unique for the last 20% slow resistance instead of using a power slot on permafrost.

Edited by Microcosm

• 4 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later

I'm late to the party but I have a lvl 50 Psi/Ice Stalker that I truly love. I use Chilling Embrace and I love it. I can see reasoning for it being a situational power but I think it's neat. I just fully spec'd out my guy so we'll see how it all unfolds after further testing.

• Like 1