Incarnate Shards

borgking001a

Shards are only used for the Alpha, everything else you need Threads and whatnot. There is a repeatable mission in Dark Astoria you can access via Ouro and get plenty of components for your slots. Also do iTrials or simply run content and get veteran levels. By vet level 10 or so you should have enough to fully Incarnate yourself.

What a lot people don't notice (when they get their first 50) is that there is a scrollbar when viewing Alpha recipes and if you scroll down you will see duplicate recipes that use Threads instead of Shards.  Threads a lot easier to get then Shards.

• Like 2

Not doing incarnate content I can still usually get my alpha to t4 by vet level 6.  Shards for both t1 then threads and merits up to t4.  If I am unlucky and dont get 24 shards drop by vet level 6 I will use threads for the second t1 and it will delay me til vet level 7.

I know this can be sped up by running incarnate content but I dont really love DA and have done it so much that I just enjoy other content more and can still get everything t4 by vet level 51.

Have fun out there!

• Thanks 1

I will occasionally use shards rather than threads when I begin the process of moving my alpha from t3 to t4.  You have to start at the bottom and work up the opposite side of the tree of course, and it is indifferent whether you use shards or threads for each of the upgrades.  And sometimes it is easier to make the t4 alpha using a Favor of the Well rather than a rare made from Empyrean merits.  Other than that, and after your alpha is t4, I just convert them to threads as needed.

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

12 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I no longer even consider using shards or any of the shard side components. They all get converted to threads.

What I tend to do is simply save them to make the second rare if I'm going for a very rare in the alpha tree. I usually use shards for the common and rare with threads for the uncommon and very rare since the shard path is freaking heinous. The other option is if I need to make a second Alpha of a different type I'll use that same method to make it (like switching my spines/fire farmer from Cardiac to Musculature since she now has her very rare Ageless online, solving endurance woes).

12 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I'm guilty of farming Heather's Chapter 1 arc in DA which gives a component chance with no cooldown at arc completion. I usually end up with enough VRs to T4 everything pretty early in the vet lvls.

GUILTY! I filled up all my T5s this way, because I was playing the concept of a Defender the never teams (which I succeeded in).

• Like 1
I'm out.

4 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

GUILTY! I filled up all my T5s this way, because I was playing the concept of a Defender the never teams (which I succeeded in).

My only 50 defender is an emp/nrg... cuz I'm hard core that way. She only teams. Which also means I rarely ever touch her but will need to get her T4ed for that whole 1 of every AT fully done thing.

I like keeping shards around so I can tinker with different Alphas(Alphii?) when I'm out running around.  Besides, Threads/EmpMerits are just too precious to waste and Shards are right there, blinking at you. 

Oh, as for how to get a lot of shards/threads... 

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Weekly TF and Hami raids, or just playing missions with the windfall temp power.

As others have stated I wouldn't bother farming specifically for shards because farming threads is so much faster. If you do have a few shards already the tier 3 alpha is great value using shards, just 8 shards plus 1 weekly TF and you've got it.