Apply the "KD Proc" to powers designed to KD

Kind of a real niche ask, but currently powers that are inherently designed to Knock Down on occasion deal knockback depending on enemy level and/or type (such as clockwork). Applying the massive KB power decrease from the procs to these powers will keep them working as intended at all times.

1 hour ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Kind of a real niche ask, but currently powers that are inherently designed to Knock Down on occasion deal knockback depending on enemy level and/or type (such as clockwork). Applying the massive KB power decrease from the procs to these powers will keep them working as intended at all times.

I mean, yes, some powers are designed to Knockdown, but they're also designed to become Knockback with enhancements if the player wants. No amount of Knockback enhancements would ever be able to overcome the massive -KB the procs grant.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

3 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

could you elaborate on this, i mean give specific examples please?

Kinetic Melee's Quick Strike does 0.70 magnitude KB for some reason (instead of the standard 0.67 for all KD powers), which turns into KB againt -1s.

It's especially annoying once you get your level shift. Level 50 mobs start to fly everywhere.

11 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

oh i see, i did not know that thanks for the clarification

Almost all powers that are supposed to do knockdown are set to mag 0.67 knockback since the game doesn't actually have knockdown, it's all low magnitude knockback.

This includes powers like both Mallets and Fault in Stone Melee, Burst and Focused Burst in Kinetic Melee (Quick Strike is mag 0.70, though), Punch and Haymaker from Super Strength, and others. Most of them specifically mention knocking your opponent down in the description as opposed to "sending them flying" (Repulsing Torrent) or "knock back [nearby] foes" (Hurl Boulder, Hand Clap), although Fault does say "throwing him [...] into the air" instead.

The problem with this is that if you get any higher than around 0.75, knockdown turns into knockback, and this combined with mobs that have negative knockback resistance (Clockwork) or just the purple patch causing the effect to be increased against lower-level enemies means that you only need about a 12% increase in effect to start knocking mobs back. At -1 you get +11% on your effects, at -2 it's +22%.

A few powers - those using pseudopets, like Blizzard - do lower magnitude (0.1 or 0.2 if I remember correctly, but pseudopets weren't archived with City of Data and I can't log on from work to check). Edit: just checked from the character creator, Blizzard is 0.1, Ice Slick is 0.5, and Earthquake is 0.67.

Edit: and I was sniped by @nihilii while I was writing. *mutter* Stupid work distracting me from forum posting...

Edited by siolfir

8 hours ago, Trickshooter said:

I mean, yes, some powers are designed to Knockdown, but they're also designed to become Knockback with enhancements if the player wants. No amount of Knockback enhancements would ever be able to overcome the massive -KB the procs grant.

I suppose... but does anyone actually do that? o.O