Change body type with different costumes?

Idiotfool

I always wanted a transformation type character, going from a skinny little dude to a hulking freak of nature. The live version of the game didn't allow it and I always thought it was because some of the devs were prudes, but I see it's still not a thing. At least, I haven't figured out a way to switch body types, anyway.

Is there some technical limitation?

Edited by Idiotfool

Yup you need to speak specifically to Icon/Facemaker employees who are listed as Cosmetic Surgeons. Traditionally these are in the back of the Icon/Facemaker stores. You can't do it from trainers, they will only let you change your costume.

The easiest one, for me, is Tina in the VIP lounge in Pocket D. She does everything and is fairly easy to get to no matter which side you're on.

This change was in the game before even the Incarnate system got introduced so it was available on live for AGES before shutdown

Edited by DR_Mechano
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, DR_Mechano said:

Yup you need to speak specifically to Icon/Facemaker employees who are listed as Cosmetic Surgeons. Traditionally these are in the back of the Icon/Facemaker stores. You can't do it from trainers, they will only let you change your costume.

The easiest one, for me, is Tina in the VIP lounge in Pocket D. She does everything and is fairly easy to get to no matter which side you're on.

There's also a Cosmetic Surgeon in the Rikti War Zone, who is probably the easiest one to reach at low level blueside via the Atlas Park Vanguard Base.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

Yep, I had one character like this for a long time before shutdown.
Taiga Tigress was a mild-mannered (and short) librarian who changed into a 7-ft were-smilodon (i.e. a really tall catgirl with correct coloration for a sabre-toothed tiger).

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Everyone seems to have missed that Atlas Park AND Mercy Island now have an Icon & a Facemaker. The Icon is on the other side of City Hall from Ms. Liberty; the Facemaker is by the black market. They don't offer costume slot quests.

• Like 1

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

8 hours ago, NNDeepdish said:

Atlas Park ICON has a cosmetic surgeon. Right behind the tram.

Whoops, so it does!  Somehow I'm surprised by the existence of AP Icon every time I fly past it.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!