Best Base in Paragon, 2.1 !!! (Use this thread)

Blushield

SG/Base Name: The Vampirum Sanctum
Passcode: SANCTUM-12813
Ingame Contact: @Riley Talons Santo

Hidden within the Rogue Isles, blood magic and dark dealings coalesce to make an enclave for Vampires. Magic so foul protects and hides the place. One may feel like they are being watched from ever corner. Even from the entrance one realizes this place is not a place for comfort. An individual finds themselves on split paths all heading to the same location: A graveyard... but in the grave... there may be a vile cult of blood sorcerers.

(one main level, the alley, with multiple split paths. Rooms extend off the main level with interdimensional portals marked on each door or manhole. Tour would probably be helpful. Place is still a work in progress, but is nearing completion.)

• Like 1

Hello!  Thank you for the opportunity to submit our group's base for consideration!

Supergroup Name:  Price-Chatterton Estate

Passcode: MANOR-7356

In-game Contact: @Soviet Shadow  ('Judy the Contractor')

The Price-Chatterton Estate is a small, close-knit supergroup that operates out of the 120-year-old mansion built by our founder's father.  The mansion is located along the road to Croatoa but close enough to Paragon City to be outside most of Croatoa's mystic oddities.  Constructed of dressed New Hampshire granite in a Gothic Revival style, the mansion has been used both as a base for adventurers and social happenings since the pulp era.  Today, it operates both as a social venue AND as a fully-functional supergroup base.  While the features (teleporters, medical revivers (via the mausoleum), shop NPCs, etc, are scattered about, they are there for our group and guests to use.

The best route to tour the manor is to enter by the main double doors via the courtyard (the side door is quick-access to living quarters and teleporters).  There is a main floor, a cellar, and an upper-floor living quarters.  The cellar is accessed by the lower left-side doors from the Great Hall (the dark wood-paneled room with the Pillar of Ice and Flame), the upper floor by the upper right-side doors from the Great Hall (or, again, by the side door in the entry fountain courtyard).  The formal gardens are accessed by two sets of double doors from the Grand Ballroom.

There is also a 'secret' mystic grotto with a couple of hidden entrances for those observant (or curious) enough to find them.  Please feel free to show yourself about or contact us in-game to arrange a tour.  The teleport points are made to look unobtrusive and we would happily point them out to you if the above directions are not sufficient.

Thank you VERY much for running this contest, and for the generous prizes that encourage so many of us to try out our skills and then show them off to the community!

- Judy the Contractor

for the Price-Chatterton Estate

Supergroup: Naraka Confinement Facility

Code: NARAKA-13039

Naraka is the Chateau D'if, the Hotel California, and the Phantom Zone all compressed into one institution. A supposedly tasteful alternative to the death penalty, supers are sent to this non-place to be confined forever. Surprisingly humane and disturbingly polite, the AI staff of Naraka keeps the prison well-maintained, borderline comfortable, in its pocket dimension. The true horror of Naraka is its permanence: the functionally-immortal Incarnate prisoners who will never again set foot through its titanic blast doors to freedom.

Edited by Denarii

Supergroup Name: Kamen Fighters

Base Code: HUB-7871

In Game Global: @Sage The 13th

The Hub is an asteroid base in geostationary orbit above Earth. The first area has a bunch of labeled telepads. The pad marked STATION takes you a station built into the asteroid. Feel free to exit the station and enjoy the sights of space. The Hub has it's own gravity field and atmosphere with four layers of shielding to keep people safe. There is also a space battleship parked at the Hub. Which, has an interior that can be accessed from the telepad marked SHIP in the station section.

The Craglows, Cu Sidhe Wilds, The Black Sheep,The Vampirum Sanctum, Price-Chatterton Estate , Naraka Confinement Facility, and the Kamen Fighters have all been added to the contest rolls.

Good Luck Heroes!

Edited by Blushield
  • Like 1

May as well throw my hat in the ring, though after looking at some of the other entries, I'm a bit daunted. 🙂

Supergroup Name: Penumbra

Base Code: PEN-13614

In Game Global: @Lyrianna

Penumbra is an island sanctuary for a number of magi, extra-planar entities, and students who wish to learn magic without the restrictions placed upon them by groups such as the Midnight Squad, MAGI, and the like. The island is home to one of the largest magical libraries in the world, allowing access to a few petitioners who are able to offer something that the library doesn't yet contain. There are a dozen or so semi-permanent residents, all working to further their understanding and mastery of magic.

My base sucks, wear a blindfold when you visit it.

Supergroup: Simulacrum

Base code: SIMULACRUM-6940

Ingame Global: @Veracor

Description: A massive and mysterious castle on an island of perpetual night, trapped between dimensions, it's little wonder as to why its denizens delved into forbidden magics to escape their prison.  But the dimensions beyond contained friend and foe, and the castle Simulacrum became a martial order of dark magics for little other than its own protection.  Contact and suspicion eventually gave way to contract and politics, and the Simulacrum became allied with several factions of Primal Earth, usually acting as an interdimensional neutral ground.  Nowadays the Simulacrum has opened its extensive library and knowledge for others to peruse in exchange for service, and Arachnos has mostly risen investment in a bid to take over the castle's dark order.  But Arachnos will find that Simulacrum's ruler may be more than they can handle.

Note: The underground labyrinth is accessed through the blood pit on floor 3 of the castle, the travel hub is accessed through a portal on floor 4, and the (currently connection-less) misty path is accessed through the tower on floor 10.  As excessively huge as the base is, it wasn't actually designed at all for travel powers and everything is accessible via normal movement.

Due to me hitting the 20k object limit earlier than expected, several rooms had to be omitted from the base.  At a later date I will remove the labyrinth (it occupies about 4k objects) in order to make them.  But for now, I'm taking a break from base building.

Edited by Veracor

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

Please enter our SG in the contest...

SG Name: Big Shiney Heroes

passcode: BIGSHINEYHEROES-6548

contact in game @Skyler1

The Big Shiney Heroes have carved out a secret underground base beneath Firefly Cove, a small island off of Talos known for its abundance of fireflies. Although the community is still being rebuilt from a powerful tsunami that wiped out most areas, it is still a popular destination with a waterfront club and good variety of local dining and shopping. All the people coming and going to the popular hangout makes a perfect cover for the heroes and support staff using the base.

HEMLO A friend said I should enter this base contest and it looks cool! The city isn't done but what the heck.

SG: R.A.T.S (it stands for Released Animal Test Subjects)

Leader: Gizmouse  (Global is @Crazy Cat)

Base ID: RATCITY-2259

RATs began as a group of modified lab animals that escaped from the Research labs of Dr. Nimh and sought shelter in the ancient waterways of Port Oaks. Originally a shanty town of early escapees, the exodus of newly freed specimens moving in from The Great Escape demanded more organization and infrastructure. There, they founded what would become Rat City, and began construction of a sanctuary made for long-term freedom.

Some of those that have escaped return to the labs to help others escape, and word of a mutant sanctuary started creeping into the ears of the unwanted all over Etiole. No longer able to stay hidden, the young city tentatively accepts tourists in the hopes of warding off fear and rumors from top-landers, and is optimistically working on a marketplace (one especially tailored to the needs of mutants and individuals with 'none-human body types') to further increase tourism and bring in "Money Points" from the surface.

Here's a bit more about RATS! https://tinyurl.com/wsrat

Edit: Link wasn't working!

Edited by Japtar

SG Name: Hallowed Grounds

Base Name: The Pagoda

Code: GHOST-1471

SG Lead Global: @Squidget

Be it through accidental wandering or extended invitation, those finding themselves wandering about the forests of Rhode Island may come across twisted, tangled paths within the depths of the foliage. Branching off into mazelike wilds, only those following (or stumbling across) the correct sequence of narrow turns may find the overgrown underbrush opening once more...though the marbled walls now towering to either side of the passage ahead certainly seems to imply one isn't quite yet out of the woods - metaphorically speaking, that is. And where'd that thick fog come from all of a sudden...?

Starting off with a tranquil path (if you don't count the absurd otherworldliness of the scenario), the bridge ahead offers a safe way to traverse the oddly-clear waters flooding the passageway. At least...until one makes it to the midway point, that is. Suddenly, all the chirping birds and buzzing insects seem to have dwindled to nothingness; what was once lush greenery now decaying trees and fallen logs. Huh...was that the sound of something tearing through the walls ahead...? Probably just the imagination. Those clawing, ragged fingernails groping and grasping beneath the now-murky depths at the shattered planks of the fractured bridge? -Definitely- just the imagination. And gee, that's a lot of fog closing in from behind...

...All an elaborate ruse to dissuade accidental stumblers, to tell the truth! Should one manage to apply the correct talismans to the gotta-be-cursed gateway at the end of the fragmented path, the hellishly harrowing landscape beyond will vanish, offering a nice, clear view of what lies beyond - a serene, expansive field of grass surrounded by gigantic rocky outcroppings, seemingly in another reality entirely. A single island across a stony bridge draws the eye to the crystal-clear pond in the center of the field - so go on, step through the portal! What's the worst that could happen? 

Welcome to The Pagoda - a bored spirit's Japanese restaurant and resort in a domain linked to Earth through the Astral! It's not open to the public yet, but feel free to hop on in anyway. Enjoy authentic Japanese cuisine at the titular building upon the floating island, take a dip in the hot springs on...another floating island, and take a stroll (okay, more like a hike, honestly) in a massive cavern boasting plentiful Japanese gardens, the expansive Dragon Bridge overlooking the coral reef and boat rental, and even make a wish at the well (no spooky ghost coming out of this one, thankfully) before stopping to pay respects at the shrine at the upper level. If you're tired, take a load off at the Suzaku Inn - guaranteed to leave you nice and refreshed, as if you've been reborn from the ashes yourself!

Holy moly I wrote too much. Anyway, my base is lame, but stop by if you want! Good luck to everyone!

(Also there's no NPCs/dishes/food because ICly it's not open to the public yet - excuse the emptiness!)

Edited by Squidget

SG Name: Canine Chic

Base Code: CHIC-10348

In-Game Contact: @Ruaidhri

This is a personal residence, located on a personal island to the North of Talos. Designed as a place of both work and leisure, it features amenities tailored to its owners tastes as well as his professions (cape on or not), with friends and guests in mind. 

Enjoy the view of the natural hot spring from the balcony, or enjoy the waters for yourself. It may belong to a fire starter, but the water's just fine.

SG name: The Viper Room

Passcode: -

SG Lead Global: @Xenotunak

A spooky bar that only opens up for the supernatural beasts of the world and those who lie in danger when out i nthe forests of Dark Astoria. A dark gothic themed bar for all your chilling needs!

Edited by Xenotunak

SG Name: The Watchpoint
Passcode: WATCHPOINT-13202
SG Lead Global: @Tendo

After watching that 90s Batman cartoon I was inspired to make a Batcave-inspired superbase for my vigilante hero, Nightshield. it's still a work in progress in places, but it's main room feels "done" enough for me to feel confident in submitting it. 🙂 Hope everyone who takes a peek at it, finds it pretty cool!

Also: Next to the training mat, there's a console with a blue holo panel. Click on each of the displays next to it, and click the handscanner next to the coffin, under the supercomputer. And the holo-globe. I've added in some interact-able stuff for immersion purposes. 🙂

Edited by Tendo

As of this morning, Sunday 26 April 2020, Entries to the contest are no longer being accepted. We expect we will be doing a similar contest in the October time-frame. In total,  31 SG/bases have registered for this round.

The judges have already made some preliminary visits. During the next week we will continue to try to narrow down the choices and should announce prizewinners next Saturday, 2 May 2020 in KW.

Thanks for this incredible contest, and to all the judges and the contributors of the prize funding for making it possible.  That's a heck of a bunch of bases to judge.

And best of luck to all of my fellow contestants!

(Edited for I-can't-spell reasons)

Edited by Pizzicato
  • Thanks 1

*laughing* As I was saying on the OOC channel this morning, after seeing some of these others... I have regrets about having entered my own. Even looking at it is a total waste of the judges' time in comparison to the competition. There are some absolutely freakin' FABULOUS entries here. XD

Edited by Coyotedancer
What even is punctuation...
  • Haha 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 3:39 PM, Coyotedancer said:

*laughing* As I was saying on the OOC channel this morning, after seeing some of these others... I have regrets about having entered my own. Even looking at it is a total waste of the judges' time in comparison to the competition. There are some absolutely freakin' FABULOUS entries here. XD

No regret. The most serene and beautiful place I have visited in a digital world. Very well done! (just needs a lakeside tent...so I can live there:)

The votes have been tallied!

Come to Kallisti Wharf TONIGHT AT 7:30PM EASTERN!

We will be awarding BILLIONS in prizes and, of course, bragging rights to having the Best Base in Paragon City!

Party immediately afterwards at OASIS-3471

Edited by Blushield
update for afterparty
  • Like 1

Congratulations to our Winners, and thank you everyone for participating!

We'll see you again in the fall!

First Place:  Simulacrum

Second Place: Black Friday

Third Place (tie): R.A.T.S

Third Place(tie): Price-Chatterton Estate

Honorable Mention: Kamen Fighters

Honorable Mention: Justice Sentinels of America

Honorable Mention: Adamant Factor

Blu Judge's Choice: The Sanctum of Shadows

Ferrera Judge's Choice: The Craglows

Deep Six Choice: Hallowed Grounds

List of participant bases and codes (NOTE: SGs may change these at any time):

Super Group

Pass code

The Lion's Den

LEO-6594

Justice Sentinels of America 

JSAUNITED-5122

The Sanctum of Shadows - Wedding Edition!

SANCTUM-2764

Mercy Island Slums

SLUMS-11408

Legion of Valor

Valor-30

Peacekeepers

PEACE-1570

Erstwhile Bounties Inc.

EBINC-12975

Adamant Factor

ADAMANTFACTOR-2993

River Styx