Auction house malfunctioning

HornyBeast

I've had bids up for 15M for a couple of avalanche attuned IOs for several days on my character Visions of atlantis (on my other account).

One of them now shows a last 5 sales including 3 at 1-5K dated today, so what's going on, I thought the highest bid exceeding the price put up for sale was supposed to get the item.

Edited by HornyBeast

20 hours ago, Ura Hero said:

The auction house display has issues.  IE you can't trust it to show exactly what the last few bids are.  It's been that way since live.  Maybe they will get it fixed at some point.

Do we know exactly how it malfunctions ? was showing (all yesterday's date) 25M, 1K, 1K, 20M, 5K or similar with my 15M bid having been up 3 or 4 days.

I think that sometimes the AH mixes up recipe sales and enhancement sales. It is just a hunch and I have NO data to support it other than anecdotal from my use. I will occasionally see things the other way as well, I'll be selling a recipe and see that the last 2 sold for 5M, where it normally sells for a 100K or something similar. Of course, that could also be explained by someone inadvertently bidding on a recipe when they thought that they were bidding on the enhancement.

2 hours ago, Hardship said:

I think that sometimes the AH mixes up recipe sales and enhancement sales. It is just a hunch and I have NO data to support it other than anecdotal from my use. I will occasionally see things the other way as well, I'll be selling a recipe and see that the last 2 sold for 5M, where it normally sells for a 100K or something similar. Of course, that could also be explained by someone inadvertently bidding on a recipe when they thought that they were bidding on the enhancement.

These are event enhs where there is no recipe, again today 2 have sold for 10M with my 15M bid sitting there.

No idea how it happens, but the devs confirmed that it wasn't looking stuff up correctly on live.  I imagine that the Homecoming team will get it fixed eventually.  Too many higher priority fires right now to worry about something that is right 95% of the time.

Here is some light reading where myself and others have been documenting this issue. Feel free to add yours if it isn't already in there.