Razzle Dazzle Proc in Stalker EA Disrupt

Snowdaze

I've for the better part of a week now, had disrupt running all the time on my Energy Aura Stalker, first thing I put in there was the proc from Razzle Dazzle, because if I'm going to stun them I'd like them to be less likely to wander off like idiots. However I have YET to see this proc fire off even once! As far as I can tell this is not intended behavior.

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

I have never even used Disrupt, on any of my EA Stalkers. Kudos to you for trying to find a way to make it work. That was a good idea, too bad it didn't work out. Hopefully it's a bug and nothing that is "intended."

Disrupt for Stalkers

Yuckers.  A toggle with a 4s activation interval attempting to proc a 3.5 PPM Mag 2 Immobilize ... which theoretically is only useful against Minions ...

PPM * 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + Radius * (11 * Arc + 540) / 30,000))) = Proc Chance

3.5 * 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 8 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 30.70%

Probably the biggest problem you've got here is the slow activation interval which means that for all practical purposes you're only rolling the dice for a proc every 12s instead of 10s due to the timing of the activations.  Unless you're stacking it with another Immobilize of some kind, it's only going to keep Minions near you (and there can't be too much of a level difference between you either).

Ironically, you might be better off using a Stupefy proc (for the Mag 6 Knockback) in order to play "keep away" from your Stalker if you want to play Anti-Tank.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

29 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Disrupt for Stalkers

Yuckers.  A toggle with a 4s activation interval attempting to proc a 3.5 PPM Mag 2 Immobilize ... which theoretically is only useful against Minions ...

PPM * 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + Radius * (11 * Arc + 540) / 30,000))) = Proc Chance

3.5 * 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 8 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 30.70%

Probably the biggest problem you've got here is the slow activation interval which means that for all practical purposes you're only rolling the dice for a proc every 12s instead of 10s due to the timing of the activations.  Unless you're stacking it with another Immobilize of some kind, it's only going to keep Minions near you (and there can't be too much of a level difference between you either).

Ironically, you might be better off using a Stupefy proc (for the Mag 6 Knockback) in order to play "keep away" from your Stalker if you want to play Anti-Tank.

I don't think Knock Back is what he is after, since he seems to want to keep the mobs near him. Not sure how a Knock Back would help a Stalker anyway, that would be very counter productive to the class, since the class is basically a suped up Scrapper. I think what he used was his best shot at achieving his goal. Sadly it didn't work.

I was just thinking in terms of if you want to deal with mobs in a more sequential fashion than in parallel.  But yeah, that's more of a solo play style option than a group friendly (let alone herd friendly) way to play if slotting the Stupefy proc.

IifneyR.gif

50 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

I was just thinking in terms of if you want to deal with mobs in a more sequential fashion than in parallel.  But yeah, that's more of a solo play style option than a group friendly (let alone herd friendly) way to play if slotting the Stupefy proc.

I think his only real option is to add the tohit debuff proc. At least in that case, the ones not stunned wondering off will at least have a lesser chance to hit. Still forces the question, is the immob proc a bug in that it doesn't actually immobilize them? I know it would only be effective against Minions, been then again, the Disorient would also only be effective against the minions, technically that should be a winning choice...if it worked.

8 hours ago, Solarverse said:

I know it would only be effective against Minions, been then again, the Disorient would also only be effective against the minions, technically that should be a winning choice...if it worked.

Stun+Immobilize = (ghetto) Hold

• Haha 1

IifneyR.gif

10 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Not sure how a Knock Back would help a Stalker anyway, that would be very counter productive to the class

This made me chuckle because Disrupt used to be Repulse... an AoE knockback toggle lol

Just the worst power, but so funny.

• Haha 2

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah