VET Levels With Purpose

I like this idea as a game design concept, but it's a terrible fit as the game stands today. It would take widespread changes to other parts of the game to make it fit in and be balanced. 

What might Vet levels offer that don't make character more powerful directly? Or how else would the game change to preserve power balance? How far would Vet level boots go? What do you get for your 2,561st vet level? Are base level 50s too powerful, should they be nerfed (e.g., global to-hit/def/res nerfs) and would Vet levels bring us back to level? Offer some ideas on how the game would need  to change to stay balanced, and I think in that context the better choice would be not to do it.

Edited by Andreah

You hit 50, you are incarnate, you are grinding level 50 content, and you want more rewards?

What exactly do you want to be rewarded with?

I'm all for more shinies.  Badges galore.  

If you like playing your 50 and that's not reward enough, I'm sorry.

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

You hit 50, you are incarnate, you are grinding level 50 content, and you want more rewards?

What exactly do you want to be rewarded with?

I'm all for more shinies.  Badges galore.  

If you like playing your 50 and that's not reward enough, I'm sorry.

I think the idea is like, beyond all that if you continue to play past like lvl 100 you could gain account-wide perks

22 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

I think the idea is like, beyond all that if you continue to play past like lvl 100 you could gain account-wide perks

Nah.  We don’t need any more perks.   Certainly not account wide perks!  

If OP wants validation from playing past lvl 100, then I suggest telling people in broadcast and getting validation there.  “Oooh!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

18 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Nah.  We don’t need any more perks.   Certainly not account wide perks!  

If OP wants validation from playing past lvl 100, then I suggest telling people in broadcast and getting validation there.  “Oooh!”

Well, if nobody is allowed to call for nerfs then you're left with this

7 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Well, if nobody is allowed to call for nerfs then you're left with this

Perhaps the mini-progression of vet levels coud be to get vet badges like before vet level 100 (I.E one badge every 3 levels).

Except each badge being one word only, tells a long story... a lore reveal of the childhood of Lord Recluse's great great great great great great grand father, sir Steve Jenkins Colerichter, the creator of the map for the Well of Furies and the ideation of a possible well beneath it. 

Edited by Obus Form

How about vet level leader boards:

Reset every "season" and the top 10 get random winter/super packs.  The top 5 get random winter/super/PVP IOs. Top 3 get random winter/super/PVP/very rare IOs.

Then the season resets and those characters move "off season" into normal world play, with rewards in hand.

This gives tangible rewards, encourages alt making/playing --> increases IO demand, gives more stuff in the market due to farming/giving away --> increases IO supply.

If that's not enough tangibility, msg me @Obus Form in game and I'll give you a pat on the back.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Obus Form said:

How about vet level leader boards:

Reset every "season" and the top 10 get random winter/super packs.  The top 5 get random winter/super/PVP IOs. Top 3 get random winter/super/PVP/very rare IOs.

Then the season resets and those characters move "off season" into normal world play, with rewards in hand.

This gives tangible rewards, encourages alt making/playing --> increases IO demand, gives more stuff in the market due to farming/giving away --> increases IO supply.

If that's not enough tangibility, msg me @Obus Form in game and I'll give you a pat on the back.

No. Farmers don't need more rewards, thank you very much.

• Thanks 1